Lewis and Clarkson:

Who Will and WON'T Perform Tonight

5/23/2007 3:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelly Clarkson may be feuding with her label head Clive Davis, but she's got nothing but love for "American Idol."

TMZ has learned that Kelly -- and all winners from seasons past, except Fantasia -- will be back performing on the "American Idol" stage for tonight's finale.

Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Carrie Underwood and Taylor Hicks are headed to the Kodak Theater, but Fantasia Barrino won't be, since she is headlining Oprah Winfrey's production of "The Color Purple" on Broadway.

Sources tell TMZ Gladys Knight will perform "Midnight Train to Georgia" with the top six female finalists, while Smokey Robinson will join the top six male finalists for a rendition of "Ooh Baby Baby." Most recently booted finalist Melinda Doolittle will sing with brother and sister gospel duo BeBe and CeCe Winans, while the hairiffic Sanjaya duets with Aerosmith's Joe Perry to the Kinks' "You Really Got Me." It's sure to be an unbeweavable night!

Beat-boxing finalist Blake Lewis will show off his mad skillz against rapper Doug E. Fresh, and then duet with fellow finalist and probable winner, Jordin Sparks, to the Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There." Since producers were able to finally get clearance to use Beatles music, a medley of Fab Four hits will be performed as well.

Luckily, we're told no one is expected to be exhumed a la Elvis on tonight's finale!

UPDATE: A well-placed source tells TMZ that anti-establishment rockers Green Day sold out and will be on the "American Idiot" "Idol" finale too!

christine

who cares

Hayley

Thank God Craptasia isn't performing. I already have to look at Melinda "no neck" Doolittle's ugly mug - I think I would die if I had to see Craptasia's at the same time.

laura

GOOO BLAKE!!

JORDIN=EWWWW

cari

Right on about Kelly's opportunistic desire to now be associated with American Idol. She did not even mention the show or the fans when she won her Grammys and other awards. Now, she needs the show AGAIN to prove herself to Clive. Parasitic behavior indeed.

lise

every idol "winner" except carrie and kelly are horrible how they made it to the end is crazy, talor hicks?? I mean come on, who the hell voted for that guy? idol is washed up and boring most of the talent wasnt talented i only had to watch because of my daughter and thank god now she doesnt even want to watch anymore!!!! melinda should have won, just like chris dogherty should have! gooo Jordin !!! if that looser teeny booper magent blake wins i'll be sick

Danny

Kelly's CD is so bad that she has to come crawling back to Idol to get some help. The 3 songs I heard are bad, even worse and one is a pathetic attempt to rip off Evanescence. I'm so over her fat ass.

Idol had Beatles songs cleared for Season 2. Why do they always lie about everything. This year the vote isn't even close but Ryan will say its the closest vote ever. The 2 finalists are average singers but Ryan and the 3 stooges will say they were the best ever.

Idol peaked at Season 2. It's been downhill since then. That is why they pretend it never happened.

Why is Ruben going to be on tonight? The real winner was Clay but they will never admity it.

At least Taylor will be there. Soul Patrol!

Proud Marine Mom

I guess if Kelly is around 80 years from now; "you" expect her to mention AI.
Good grief; Get over it.

She will always be connected to AI.

lise

they all suck excpet for kelly clarkson and carrie underwood , taylor who?? or maybe a gay claymate (come outta the closet already, its bloody obvious!!) ruben whered he go ? this guy blake is horrible and he beats out some one like melinda go figure ,american idol sucks and has for the last couple seasons gawd i wish my daughter didnt watch this drivel, most of them are talentless and this is the best america can come up with?
GO Jordin at least she can sing

Mark

It will take all that talent to get viewers to watch the show tonight. There would be no other reason. The real talent is not going to have a change to be voted on.

Ronald Raygun

I hate this damn show! Everytime I hear about it I want to puke. Please, let our national nightmare end!

doris

post 14
my words exactly,now if the real loser ruben wasn't on it would be a good show...maybe

Vegas

The only one worth a damn out of the bunch is Carrie Underwood.

Claire

This was the WORST finale ever! America sucks. We have a retard for president, gas prices are through the roof and some chick that sounds like someone was shaking a dying cat wins American Idol. I'm waiting for the Sanjaya sex tape.

Brittney

I'm certain AI along side Corportate America mainstream media have known since American Idol gives back and Jordin was not sent home as many people realized she unexpectedly had votes to sent her home, however Jordin was whom Randy wanted, therefore AI announced nobody would go home that night instead send two home the following week, it was from that day foward it was rumored Jordin would eventually win AI however in order to seal the deal Melinda would also leave prior , AI knew people would question if Jordin beat Melinda however wouldn't question had she won against Blake, I refused to believe that this was too occur for AI you know what you did, and is it really fair? It was a cheap trick but not sending Jordin home when it was apparent, clearly showed AI set the stage for her win.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments