« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Matt Leinart --

'Acting' Like a Good Dad Should?

7/26/2007 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NFL stud Matt Leinart has scored himself another high profile job -- but TMZ has learned the pretty boy QB is busting his ass to make sure his new Hollywood gig doesn't interfere with his daddy duties.

A spy on the L.A. set of a new Adam Sandler project has confirmed that Leinart landed an acting role in the untitled flick, featuring "Scary Movie" star Anna Faris. While sources claim Leinart is serious about the part, we're told that he's only shooting on days he's not scheduled to visit his 9-month-old son with baby mama Brynn Cameron, and when he's free from any football obligations with the Arizona Cardinals. But according to Brynn, Leinart's "Hollywood stuff" is taking his focus away from being a good parent, as she complained to the Ventura County Star, "It's kind of hard for me as the mom ... he comes and goes whenever he wants."

When contacted by TMZ, Leinart's rep wouldn't talk about the movie, but assured the Cardinal faithful that "Matt is focused right now on his way to training camp. He has a job to do with the Arizona Cardinals. That's all we have to say about that."

As TMZ first reported, Leinart is embroiled in a nasty legal battle with his Cameron, who is asking for more than $30K a month in child support from the $50 million-contract jock.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TheONE

#1 who cares!

Jen

I get so mad when women like Matt Leinhart's ex go around bad mouthing their ex's for not being around. The man has an extremely demanding job and I'm SURE she's not crying about the $25 K a month she's getting in child support.

He's not the only NFL player who only gets to see his kid a few times a month (if that during the season). Example? His teammate, Darnell Dockett, has a one year old little boy and his girlfriend doesn't complain that he's only around a few times a month during the season.

It frustrates me when women, who are no longer romantically linked to their children's fathers criticize them in every attempt they make to connect with their kids. If he was coming around all the time she would probably complain about that too!

He does the best he can and I guarantee he's paying out the A$$ in child support.

Cam

Oh yeah, her opening her legs up is suuuure worth that much child support. Here's an idea, would she still want that much if she had to produce receipt's proving that all the money was spent on things to benefit the child and not on new clothes for her etc....?

George I Think I Got It

Leinart is hot hot HOT! And his baby mama is not not NOT!

We all know she's a money hungry whore looking for a free ride and if she really wasn't interested in the "Hollywood thing" she wouldn't be talking to the press.

cheryl

Brynn's famiy and friends care! Matt need to stand up to the plate so to speak.

Beth

UGHHHH!!! That is so obnoxious! Of course he comes and goes as he pleases. He's not your husband!

My daughter's father comes when it is convenient for him. It doesn't make him a bad father. Why should he be there to spend time with me 24/7? We're not together. And from what I surmise, they actually HAVE a schedule.

cheryl

I guess Matts own promises don't really count. After all hes a big hotshot. He can do what ever he darn well pleases. He wouldn't want some kid to drag him down. Its not like he wasn't present at the event. Take your responsibilty like a man Matt.

Jus D truth

I just hope Matt don't screw up Adams new pic w/bad behavior. I know
that
Adam (who doesnt have kids) will make sure that Matt Leinart will do
right by his son! If Matt does then GREAT !!! It would sure be totally refreshing to have at least one football player/athelet who is in the news for doing THE RIGHT THING! Best of luck Matt & Adam Sandler

George I Think I Got It

ahm, #10 -- Adam does have a kid! Baby girl ... helloooo ... SADIE! Some fan you are ... hAHAHAHAHA ...loser!

All American Girl

Yeah, I am sure he changes the babies diapers and wakes up to feeds the baby. He's a dusch bag!!!

Karolina

Money hungry biatch!!!!!!!!!!!!! She wasn't complaining when he was playing sports and busting his ass off to make it to the NFL! I'm from the same city she is. She lives in an exclusive neighborhood with her parents. Why exactly is she demanding 30,000 a month? Daycare, diapers, formula and clothes are not that much. He bought her a new car, but we did not see her mention that in her interview with the paper. Is it because he left her and moved on? Is she bitter because now her basketball career is on hold?

Karolina

ChicagoMark

Should have keeped your legs closed until you were married. You would not be in this situation so shut up. "It's kind of hard for me as the mom ... he comes and goes whenever he wants."

We know who is unethical

Matt's a minbo. He's been hit in the head too many times. What was that chick thinking letting him screw her unprotected. i wonder if he got her drunk and raped her.

Erin