Mindy McCready Sent to the Slammer!

9/14/2007 4:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A judge just sentenced Mindy McCready to one year in County Jail for violating her probation. She does it all the time!

McCready was arrested in Florida in July after cops responded to a domestic dispute between the country singer and her mother. Mindy was convicted in 2004 on a prescription drug fraud charge, and was ordered to serve three years probation. She only had a few more months left on that probation when she was arrested.

McCready has now been convicted on a felony charge. In addition to the jail time, the judge gave her two more years of probation and 200 additional hours of community service. In the courtroom, the judge was clear: if Mindy doesn't perform her community service, he'll put her back in jail again.

An emotional Mindy, in court today wearing an orange jumpsuit, spoke out to the judge.

"Your honor, I can honestly tell you this: This has been the longest two months of my life ... not being able to hold my son ... has been excruciatingly painful." "I could only say I'm sorry," she said. "Please give me a chance to make things as right as they can possibly be."

The judge sent her directly to jail. Do not pass go!

Dean

Sad.If she was a bigger name she would not be sentenced to jail so long.

niceguy

So where's the outragous comments on the TMZ blog that we saw when Foxy Brown was sentenced. These are parallel situations (repeat offender), with the same results, yet no one has wish her dead, or suggested that she is a "ho", or wished her harm like they did on the Foxy Brown blog. I think they both got what they deserved, but its strange that comments aren't nearly as insulting this go round. Oh wait, there is one big difference....she sings country music (now what were you thinking). Check yourself haters.

Diana

Obviously she doesn't have as much money as Paris, Lohan and Richie!!!!! I actually feel sorry for her....she has a kid and I think not just one, but two DUI's deserved a fare harsher sentence. Our legal system, state prosecutors and cops are complete and total jokes and we keep seeing it day after day in the media!!

Go with the Flow!

Good! One year will not chnage her it seems but her family member will be at peace for that long and hopefully by the time she comes out they would have relocated without leaviing any trails. Stupid McCrazy!

rachel

What a loser. What a maroon.

Charlotte

For those of you that are feeling so sorry for this woman, you probably don't know how much pain she has caused for everyone in her path for a number of years. She is one of the most manipulative, cold and calculating people around, and this has been the case for many years. She had a really disastrous upbringing, but people tried time and time and time again to give her a chance at a new life. The best thing that can happen to her child is to be raised by someone else -- NOT Mindy's mother.

Angie

Looks like her mom gave her the beat down, how come no one is asking what HER MOTHER did to instigate? People dont just grow up to be screwed up individuals unless something went wrong, or they didn't have supportive parents who instilled proper fundamentals in their child. I think theres much more to this story then is being let out. Sucks about her kid though, no one wins in this situation but the mother who beat her own daughters ass, she could of left and walked out or taken a non violent response in return to her daughter. I would never hit my child back, Call the cops? yes. Send their punk butts to boot camp is under 18? Yep. But My kid could be 40 years old and I would NOT RAISE A HAND against them even if they did hit me first. Mom obviously is just as screwed up as her child, the apple didn't fall far from that country bumpkin tree did it?

Country4Life

Can't wait to hear the CD, probably be better than Faith Hill & Tim will probably leave Faith for Mindy, then she'll be really, really mad!

KENTUCKYGIRL

I AGREE WITH POST #10.........I AM IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND HAVE WORKED WITH SOME OF THESE TYPE OF CASES. SHE NEEDS HELP IN OTHER AREA'S IT SEEMS AND JAIL DOESN'T OFFER THAT NEITHER DOES PRISON.

Zulu

Oh, Mindy. What the hell happened?

D.Striker

If you read this story and you're reading these comments, you'd probably get a kick out of my song, "Oh Mindy," about the singer's life and times. Take a listen on my MySpace page, myspace.com/dstriker.

Flake

Strip search her.

Shane

The makers of Oxycontin are to blame as well for producing a devestating DRUGthat is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! She should be sent to rehab and no jail.

montana mike

where can i write to this poor child--looks like she needs a friend--
angie #22-if you raise your kids right, then they have enough respect for you that they would never try to hit you--but if one of my kids ever hit me or even looked like they were going to--mindy looks good compared to what they would look like

Livia

Dean Cain must be breathing sighs of relief that he dropped this one long before she crashed and burned!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments