Mindy McCready Sent to the Slammer!

9/14/2007 4:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A judge just sentenced Mindy McCready to one year in County Jail for violating her probation. She does it all the time!

McCready was arrested in Florida in July after cops responded to a domestic dispute between the country singer and her mother. Mindy was convicted in 2004 on a prescription drug fraud charge, and was ordered to serve three years probation. She only had a few more months left on that probation when she was arrested.

McCready has now been convicted on a felony charge. In addition to the jail time, the judge gave her two more years of probation and 200 additional hours of community service. In the courtroom, the judge was clear: if Mindy doesn't perform her community service, he'll put her back in jail again.

An emotional Mindy, in court today wearing an orange jumpsuit, spoke out to the judge.

"Your honor, I can honestly tell you this: This has been the longest two months of my life ... not being able to hold my son ... has been excruciatingly painful." "I could only say I'm sorry," she said. "Please give me a chance to make things as right as they can possibly be."

The judge sent her directly to jail. Do not pass go!

tonya

i think it sad she got herself in this situation i hope she get her life straighten out, she such a good singer to let that go to waste.

Kellicassi

No one is perfect, not even the celebritys. They are only human like all of us are. We need to let them have the privacy that they deserve. Let the woman be disciplined and do her time in peace. She has gone through enough.

Me

Who is she?

nate

Don't drop the soap in the shower.

Scgsings

Mindy started her downhill slide after her breakup with Dean Cain. I've often wondered if he may have seen this side of her and decided to bail before he got dragged down with her. I hope that she will make good use of this time behind bars and straighten her life out. She has a beautiful voice, a God-given talent, and just needs to get control of herself. She'll be in my prayers along with a lot of the young celebrities who don't seem to be able to gain control of their lives.

Tex

Mindy's mother once told her that she would not amount to nothing and then she came out with her first album. It was really good. It just makes me think that she was treated really badly as a child. No wonder she is the way she is.

Lisa

What the hell happened to that girl??? One minute she was a talented, promising young country singer with a couple of hits under her belt and then she vanshes and the next thing we hear is her break-up with Dean Cain and then the prescription fraud! Now this! I wonder if the problem has something to do with her mother. Whatever has led her astray needs to be surgically removed from her life. It's such a waste of good talent.

Bobbie

What a waste of talent she was a good singer and just got into the drugs and such and ruined her life. I hope when she gets out she will get her life together and make a life for her son.

Imthebest

About time these Judge's uphold the law and no matter who or what color they are crime deserves punishment! Kudo's to the Judge

westmark

She should ask for a transfer to a jail in L. A. That Sheriff would have her out on the streets in a couple of days.

dawn

MORK CALLING ORSON !!!!!!!!

Renae

Now she qualifies to cut a new country rap album.. Welcome... MindyMcRapper..maybe Mindy McBiggie...

Teri

Poor Mindy...she shouldn't even have to go near the jail!!!! The thing is, there is only ONE judge...WE are entitled to our own opinion...some to which I don' t agree with, isn' t it nice to be an american????As for her lawyer...she must not have had a good one.
As for her being on the airwaves??? Of course she will, she is a great artist, and, thank goodness country music doesn' t judge...As for myself, I'll buy all of her music!!!!!

ORPHANS IN UNITED STATES NEEDS JUST AS MUCH HELP , STARTS AT "HOME ( USA )

SEE WHAT FAME DOES TO A PERSON ........END UP IN JAIL .........

steve darling

I know allof you want to feel bad for this gutter snipe, but most of you do notkow the truth. Did you know Tim McGraw tossed her off his tour because she was always late and drunk when opening for him? Did you know Dean Cain called her mothre and told her to come get her lying daughter before he tossed her in to the street? (She told him she was having lunch with Brad Pitt, Pitt was no where near LA) Did you know that she went on a cross country kidnap adventure with a con man? And stop picking on her mom she resucued Mindy from AZ just before the FBI got there. Did you know everytime she was about to be in trouble she did something aweful? DUI arrest..."My boyfriend tried to kill me...Arizona ran back to the same boyfriend and got pregnant ask for money did not get 130k tried to commit suicide while pregnant, arested in FLA. It goes on and on it's to bad she coudn't be sentenced to many more years. I saw Zander and he is doing great. Feel for him cuz he has to face that his mother tried to kill herself twice and drank throughot the entire pregnancy..stop feeling sorry for her she is
EVIL!