Vanessa to Lawyer:

You Can't Sue Me, I Was Just a Kid!

11/1/2007 3:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"High School Musical" cutie Vanessa Hudgens is seeking dismissal of a lawsuit filed in September, alleging she owes her attorney $150,000. Hudgens says she was only 16 when she signed the deal, so it doesn't hold up!

In his suit, attorney Brian Schall claims he helped Hudgens earn more than $5 million by advancing her funds for her songwriting and recording career. The suit says that Vanessa "has paid some, but not all, of the money owed ..."

Court papers filed Monday by Hudgens' lawyer, Evan N. Spiegel, say California's Family Code "provides that the contract of a minor is voidable and may be disaffirmed before (age 18) or within a reasonable time afterward" -- essentially, Vanessa was too young to sign the deal. The contract in question was initially signed in October of 2005, and Hudgens officially disaffirmed the contract on October 9, according to court documents. A copy of a two-paragraph letter from Hudgens to Schall nullifying their agreement is attached to her court papers, as is a copy of her birth certificate, which states that she was born December 14, 1988.

The court papers also say the agreement was with the law offices of Schall, not with Schall himself.

Related Links

Documents

VANESSA HUDGENS FAN

Now lsten here she is no slut got it!!!!! none of you have the right to call that to some one you havent even met yet !!!!!!!! so she took photos when she was 15 an yes she was 15 at the time because she has a red strick through her hair and she had that in thunder birds (15 at the time) i bet you or your kids have done worse so back off !!! leave the poor girl alone !!!

L.A. Douchenozzle, Esq.

Pay me, you skank bitch.

fha secure rates

this girl loves getting into the news

Sparticus

SLUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a guy

So what about that particular law, she's a skank and a loser for never paying the guy. You see, I am a normal person with a sound mind, and realizing that I have millions in the bank and I owe this guy a mere fraction of that, I WOULD PAY UP. WHAT LITTLE SNOBBY GREEDY BITCH SHE IS.

Stan

how cute, you can't sue me I was just a kid !

someone

GOTTA LOVE THOSE LAWS
SHOULDA HAD HER PARENTS SIGN IT TO!
DUMB DUMB LAWYERS SHOULDA KNOWN THAT

val

Finally an attorney who gets someone 5 million and she doesn't want to pay him the 150k. This bitch is really bad news and will lose her fame as quickly as it came. PAY THE GOOD ATTORNEY .. YOU TOOK THE MONEY WHEN YOU WERE UNDER AGE SO PAY THE MAN WHAT LITTLE HE CHARGED ... you're a creep Vanessa!!!!

val

This is a fine and honest lawyer FOR A CHANGE who made her five million and she wants to cheat him out of 150k when that's nothing.... SHE TOOK THE 5 MIL SHE MADE UNDER AGE, NOW PAY UP VANESSA ... you're a fraud and now a deadbeat who took advantage of an honest attorney .. there are too few out there of honest lawyers, and a lot of cheaters like you.. we're done with you V

val

Boozer

never even heard of this bitch, c'mon tmz, must be a slow ass day, jeez...

Amber

Hey she was born on my birthday... 6 yrs later. I thought I had a great birthday considering Nostradamus shares it as well but now I don't feel so special.

someone

celebuspawn

Just pay the money you owe you stupid b**tch. Funny how her current attorney will probably charge her the $150,000 to pay his fees!!!!

She just needs publicity that's all!

All American Girl

She was around the same age when she e-mailed her nude shots to that guy! Pay up Bimbo!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments