'Dr.Phil' Set

Cursed?

9/2/2008 3:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. PhilA string of bad luck -- including two deaths -- has the staff at the "Dr. Phil" show wondering if their set is cursed.

Sources close to the production tell TMZ in the last few months two employees of the show have passed away and two others suffered medical emergencies. We're told one staffer recently died of cancer, while a young intern who had strep throat was dead by the end of the week. Our sources also tell us the wife of an editor recently suffered a family tragedy, while a producer suffered a concussion and a broken arm while on the Paramount Studios set of the daytime talk show.

Our sources say Phil and other execs have been trying to retool the show for the new upcoming season and that has some staffers feeling the bad luck may be a sign they should leave well enough alone. We're told Phil held a staff meeting this past Friday where he addressed the recent sad turn of events and attempted to boost the crew's morale.

A rep for the "Dr. Phil" show was not immediately reached.

davesmomster

Sorry but Palin must face the same negative publicity that Britney's sister did. It is either Ok or wrong. We cant have multiplle objectives when facing media mavens and public figures. It says something about parenting doesn't it? Maybe Palin has been to focussed on politics to realize what is going on in her own home. And apparently Palin is being investigated for other things as well. Makes you wonder about McCain's ability to make wise choices as he did not vet Palin before choosing her as his veep. We need a veep that is able to assume the mantle of president, esp when we have a candidate with health problems. Why didn't he choose someone like Olympia Snow who would be able to fill his place should he be incapaciated? Seems like a political move to me rather than a considered choice. Scary!

dot

A lot of people who've worked on the Paramount lot think it's haunted. I've heard from execs there that Meg Ryan's production company actually moved off the lot because of strange happenings in their offices.

Baseball Junkie

flipping hysterical!, exactly right. People always misunderstand statistics. This cluster of happenings is no more likely or unlikely than if everyone on the show stayed alive and healthy. In fact, it would be stranger if there were no tragic occurrences than that there are.

Go Sox

drewsman

Phil- I warned you in the past that your pompous, bufoon like arrogance would get you in trouble and I could not take your sense of self importance any more. Just like I did to Pharoah in the past- i will try to get you to stop your ridiculous behavior and self serving ways by cursing your people. Get back to me when you've had enough. The Lord

Kay

I would guess that SEVERAL hundred people work there. It's unfortunate that several deaths occured about the same time, but it does happen.

Canyon Girl

GET THAT SHOW OFF THE AIR. ROBIN'S FACE IS SOOOO PLASTIC LOOKING. I WONDER IF SHE ACTUALLY THINKS SHE LOOKS NORMAL? BAD JOB FOR HER.

PHIL IS A WHITE OPRAH = BOTH HAVE TO GO.

Kathryn

McCain chose this Palin chick because of her anti-abortion stance. Seems to me, she is the poster child for pro-abortion. And, it seems to me that she needs to stay at home and take care of her own family -- not trying to run for the second most important job in this country. She needs to stay home to take care of the child she allowed to be born with Down Syndrome. Why anyone would bring a child into this world with Downs, when the brith could have been prevented. Backwards thinking in my book.

Lala

What is with McCaian's running mate, Palin, showing up on every post on this site. I get something good I want to read about, then it is full of Palin crap that doesn't even relate to the thread. Not that I won't read about Palin, but could TMZ get the post straight please?

CriticXtreme

Media whoredom, trickery, lies and fakery always bring bad karma! Dr. Phil, it's 14:59.

CriticXtreme

dish

who really cares

Julie

CALLED KARMA BIOTCH

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

15. so? I imagine there are over a hundred people who work there. If you were in a office with 100 people, they all would have similiar stories of accidents, cancer, heart disease. What a dumb " story".

Posted at 3:09PM on Sep 2nd 2008 by flipping hysterical!

Thanks, #15. I see there is someone here that has some COMMON SENSE! This is a pathetic story!

Bill Cosby

Curses don't exist.

Bill Cosby

Unless they consist of four letters.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments