Text Message Ignites Rihanna/Brown Violence

2/11/2009 1:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown & RihannaLaw enforcement sources confirm to TMZ Chris Brown received a text message from a woman while he was driving with Rihanna and that's what started the confrontation that left Rihanna battered and bruised.

We're told the text message was from a woman who wrote about hooking up with Brown later.

We've also learned there is a reference in the police report to an argument over a rapper, but we've learned this is NOT what triggered the argument. The woman who text messaged Brown is not a rapper. The NY Daily News first reported the text message.

As for Rihanna's injuries, we continue to learn more. Cops took multiple pictures at the scene. Chris Brown allegedly hit Rihanna so hard with his fists, she could barely open her eyes for the photos -- they were almost completely swollen shut. She had a fat lip, her mouth was swollen, her nose was badly bloodied, and she had contusions on her forehead and both sides of her face.

Chris brown: Click to watchAnd check this contrast out (video on right) -- Chris Brown singing a song about reading street signs with Elmo on "Sesame Street."

coolj

Chris Brown is realy GAY thats why he is so angry. he needd to stop fighting that feeling and then maybe he wont be so violent. maybe a little jail time will be good for him, help come to grips with his gayness.

lrfg

I am sorry to read all of the reports on this incident. IF and I stress IF all that is reported is true...she needs to just "WALK AWAY." If you are hit one time it makes it easier for the other times...does Ike and Tina Turner ring a bell with anyone?
NO ONE and I stress NO ONE should have to deal with abuse......women or men.....

CHARNEE

WELL I JUST REALLY DISAPPOINTED THAT THE PHOTOS ARE RELEASED ON RIHANNA,BUT I STILL DO NOT DEFEND HER ,BUT I DON NOT CONDONE A MAN HITTING A WOMAN AT ALL !!!!!!! WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT THERE ARE TWO SIDES OF THE STORY AND THE OTHER SIDE IS NOT BEING HEARD BECUASE THEY THE BOTH OF THEM IS NOT SAYING ANYTHING BUT WHY BE SO SECERTIVE ABOUT IT NOW??.RIHANNA SHOULD TAKE THE NEGATIVE AND TURN IT INTO A POSITIVE AND STAND UP FOR MILLION OF WOMAN WHO MAY BE IN THAT SITUATION BY HER NOT SAYING ANYTHING,BUT YET THERE IS A PHOTO OF HER BEING BEATEN I JUST DON'T BUY INTO THAT!!

YOU KNOW THERE HAS BEEN MILLION OF CASES WHERE THE WOMAN IS BEATEN, LET'S CALL 911 AND INSTANTLY THE MAN GOES TO JAIL OR GET A BAD REP FOR IT WITHOU HEARING THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY!! I HAVE SEEN COUNTLESS CASES WHERE MY UNCLES,BROTHERS GOES TO JAIL OVER THE WOMAN DO TIME AND THE CASE IS CARING WITH HIM FOREVER,WITHOUT EVEN HEARING THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY.

THEY ARE YOUNG AND WHEN YOU ARE YOUNG LIKE THAT YOU GO THROUGH A LOT OF EXPERINCES,UP AND DOWNS ..ETC BUT THEY ARE ALL LEARNING TOOLS AND THIS STUFF HAPPENS EVERY DAY IT JUST SO HAPPEN WE HEAR ABOUT IT A LOT BECAUSE THEY ARE YOUNG AND FAMOUS.BUT PEOPLE NEED TO HAVE AN OPEN MIND AND HEAR THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY.

messedup

no person should ever think they've got a world reknown singer, actor, dancer, actress, film maker, producer or any career I didn't mention on lock down. Especially if this person is still young and vibrant, in their prime. These people need space to grow mentally and professionally. Here's your tip: If you aspire to conquer the world, do it first, then settle down with all your wealth and set new goals to include another person.....STAY FOCUSED! STAY IN THE GAME!!

mazzerati

Chris Brown is a mediocre singer AT BEST. I'm sure someone will disagree and say "he's got an amazing voice!" No he hasn't. Nat King Cole had an amazing voice, Otis Redding had an amazing voice. Jeff Buckley had an amazing voice. Chris Brown had good representatives and good PR. Hopefully, those numbskulls who saw a 'get rich quick' scheme in Brown will now walk away from him and let his distinct lack-of-talent kill off the rest of his career. The guy has probably already earned more in the past 18 months than I ever will in my lifetime, but at least I'll go to the grave safe in the knowledge I never hit a woman.

lovey

wow. you're all so stupid. maybe she got what she deserved, ya know? i mean coming into a relationship with chris brown, she should have prepared herself for the groupies and the fans. What girl on earth wouldn't want to "hook up" with him? Jesus chris, she has him. so why trip over a petty text? Get yourself together Rihanna. Your all going about this the wrong way. I honestly believe everyone is coming down on him way to hard. Everyone deserves a second chance. (Kobe, RKelly, etc) didn't we give all of them another chance? It was obviously a MISTAKE. You speak your non-sense biblical talk, well God believes in second chances right? exactly screw everyone whose against chris. I'm with him and I'll ALWAYS be a fan. now "say goodbye" HAHA.

Blanca

I still don't think rhianna is innocent in this whole matter. Neither one of them have come out with official statements and you guys are crucifying Chris Brown. I really believed that she was going crazy on him (Hitting him) and he just got fed up. People make mistakes but i don't feel he should lose his career over this. I don't care who agrees with me, so please don't feel the need to comment on my comment, Thanks. I still support Chris Brown and Rhianna and will continue to buy his and her music. I STILL LOVE YA CHRIS.

Ashley

Chris Brown is dirt

Taco Deal $3.99

I think Chris Brown should be able to hit anyone he wants to...especially Rihanna!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

LC

Its a shame that something happened like this. I hope that after Rihanna recovers that she fights back in the media spotlight and brings attention to this matter. There are Women Against Violence groups all around the US. People need a strong voice who has been through this situation to rise above and show that they will not stand for it.

CHRiS_BROWN_FAN_4EVA

LUK...YEA WUT HE DiD WUZ WRONG...BUT JUST THiNK iF HE WUZNT FAMOUS YALL WULDNT UH KNOWN NUTHN ABOUT iT. THERE R WORSE BEATiNS ON WOMEN LET ALONE CAUSES GOiN ON iN THA WORLD BESiDES HiM HiTTiN HA ND THiS iZ ALL YALL CAN THiNK ABOUT. YALL NEED TA GET UP OFFA HiM ND WORRi BOUT YA SELF ND WUTS GOiN ON iN YO LYF ND NOT WUTS GOiN ON iN HiS OR THA CELEB LYF

megan

NO NO NO people,you don't make a mistake and beat a woman.Even if she hit him first.Hell,CB could have got out of his car and ramed his fist or even kicked his rented car,or punch a wall ,kick a chair over anything but put his hands on a woman.That's any woman famous or nonfamous.You are not a man if you have to put your hands on her, hitting her,shaking the -hit out of her, bitting her what ever it is.My,daddy taught me that.For those of you who think theirs two sides to a story and those of you who think people are begin to hard on Chris Brown ask your fathers about a men hitting a women,and listen to what your fathers tell u.If your father has not been there in your life, then ask the next closes male in your family,and see what they tell you.
Change as the President ask for people

Bee

Dating, going out for a year. Receiving a 'booty call' text message from someone else. That's just tacky. And DAMN hurtful to your significant other. And on top of this, he beats her up? POS.

Ken Smith

Not often do I have a commentary to write, but I have to tell you that I think that anyone who endorses or supports Chris Brown, monetarily or otherwise is just plain stupid. He will, with his money get out of any jailtime, but he should not be in the entertainment business at all. Anyone who thinks it is OK to hit a woman for ANY reason should be put away.

Jzzy

To bad Chris Brown didn't end up with Jordan Sparks 'cause she would have crushed him... He makes me sick it's too bad that Rihanna had to go through this, no one should. Rihanna move on.