Text Message Ignites Rihanna/Brown Violence

2/11/2009 1:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown & RihannaLaw enforcement sources confirm to TMZ Chris Brown received a text message from a woman while he was driving with Rihanna and that's what started the confrontation that left Rihanna battered and bruised.

We're told the text message was from a woman who wrote about hooking up with Brown later.

We've also learned there is a reference in the police report to an argument over a rapper, but we've learned this is NOT what triggered the argument. The woman who text messaged Brown is not a rapper. The NY Daily News first reported the text message.

As for Rihanna's injuries, we continue to learn more. Cops took multiple pictures at the scene. Chris Brown allegedly hit Rihanna so hard with his fists, she could barely open her eyes for the photos -- they were almost completely swollen shut. She had a fat lip, her mouth was swollen, her nose was badly bloodied, and she had contusions on her forehead and both sides of her face.

Chris brown: Click to watchAnd check this contrast out (video on right) -- Chris Brown singing a song about reading street signs with Elmo on "Sesame Street."

Danilo

this man is a mother f..., she is soo beautiful and don't need this class of garbage; and I hope that this man go to the jail.

2038 days ago

RyanJ

We are in Jamaica as Rihanna's Caribbean neighbour are deeply saddened by this horrific incident and firmly endorse any legal action against the accused for his action...Chris was like my only favourite artiste as I never really had on,I loved everything about him.My lil bro is even a fan.I mus however admit that most of my views toward him has changed...I want to say much more but I reconsidered that we are humans...

Love you lots Rihanna and yeah Chris I love you too man!

Ryan J

2038 days ago

mysterio

yall so dam stupid for the media no one knows wat really happen but them 2 and have yall ever seen the movie a thin line between love in hate.. dam she beat her self like that.....

2037 days ago

MandiB

What a horrible thing for a woman to have to go through in the public eye. Getting hit and having to walk around all beat up is hard enough, I've been there. Walking in front of neighbors in sunglasses to go to the store was bad enough for me. I didn't want anyone to see what had happened to me. And this girl has to deal with a close-up picture of her after she got beat being seen by people in places she's never even heard. I think the fact that we are allowing this picture to be plastered everywhere is just disrespectful, its humiliating to have to share this situation with the whole world. I hope that she can hold her head high and be a stronger woman now after overcoming this. Our obsession with celebrities has gone too far when we can't even leave someone alone that was a victim of domestic abuse just because its a story. It would be great if humanity and feelings still existed.

2037 days ago

Q

well she prolly hit him first. i mean i understand that a man is not suppose to hit a woman but at the same time that doesnt give a woman the lead way to hit a man. Chris Brown needs to understand that its already hard enough for a black man to get a decent woman and he jus ef'd it up for all the good black men out there trying to do something with there singing career.

2037 days ago

tampa dame ashamed

to watch history repeat itself and not use the resources availible to keep it from happening generation after generation is heartbreaking. it gives a clear view how domestic violence has a strong hold on the children who are victims of it. we as a nation of people should be moving in a more positive direction. right? grab hold of your boot-straps ladies. make a choice that is right for the future. rihanna honey-its ok. your not at fault.

2036 days ago

essy

OK so he's famouse so what he brutally battered a lady man No excuses. Hope you remain in jail for a long long time and well get therapy buit in jail no coming out no bail cause you got bling. Stay and repent God will forgive you but humans ...just do your time and hope Karma does not follow you and the same happens to you daughter.
Karma is real so get real.

2036 days ago

MIA

I THINK THESE PEOPLE SHOULD SERIOUSLY SHUT UP AND LEAVE CHRIS AND RIHANNA ALONG. DO THEY TALK ABOUT YOUR FIGHTS? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST SHUT UP FOR GOODNESS SAKE. I THINK TMZ AND ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE SHOULD JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEAVE THEM ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2036 days ago

Captain911

Hey, listen to this: maybe it was about cheating, I don't know, I wasn't there. I will simply say that domestic violence is wrong. And that goes both ways, from the simple slap in the face to objects thrown at each other, etc. It is simply wrong! To all women out there, there is a phrase: "Enough is enough!" Tell me when is your enough? Six feet under? I hope you all come to your senses before that. To all men out there that abuse their partner, if you really love her, give her some space, get some help cause only God can change you.
Hope she will get to her senses and that her parents will really help and guide her in the right direction.

2036 days ago

u bitch

how could u hit rihanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????? Chris get help

2035 days ago

wendy

wtf?why is everyone talking ishh?
if that was you and you loved that person you sure would stay with them
im not saying its good he did it its not at all but still its there business and
they probably dont even want you in it so get out of it sheesh,
they both were fighting not just him beating her up,
sheesh read the story right if your gonna be talking.
its her fault also she stayed with him when he cheated on her ,
and that was a few and how come her friends didnt stop the relationship when they noticed?
its there fault too,
and chris brown you need help
hey, you still bomb tho(:

2034 days ago

Jane

I hope Chris Brown goes to jail and serves his time in jail. What a creep. He's just a rich punk who has no respect for women. Don't buy his music, that will hurt his pocket book.

2034 days ago

Amanda

how the hell she let him beat her.
i would of kicked chris browns ass no matter how fine he is.
chris brown is going down now.
his carerr is now over. dumbass
"punks hit girls "

2031 days ago

sweet t

i don't think she should get back with him. As a woman she needs to stand strong not only for herself but for all the women out there. Why should women have to stoop so low, kick the boy to the curve and raise your damn head high. God did not make us to be trampled on, so check yourself move on....

2029 days ago

marie

First of all you people don't even know the whole story the pic don't tell anything because they have that logo right across her face if that man hit her like people are saying he is ,don't u think it would be way worse people she don't even have a black eye i think it could be self defense cause i have seen my friends in confrontation with there man and when someone is coming at you you automatically grab the body or face to keep them out of reach this was just a private moment in there life that people blew up for publicity for your entertainment at their dispense so do them both a favor drop it.

2029 days ago