« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LaLa -- Racist Mavericks Fans Attacked Me First

5/12/2009 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LalaCarmelo Anthony's fiance LaLa Vazquez has released a statement claiming racial taunts and violent threats from Dallas Mavericks fans incited her at last night's NBA playoff game:

"Obviously the play-off games bring out the best and the worst in fans but what happened on Monday night with the racial slurs/threats, verbal attacks on my son and physical attacks to myself by irate fans was unacceptable. The fans were totally out of control.

What the cameras captured was me defending myself and didn't show the abuse that was taking place."

Footage shot at last night's game showed LaLa cursing and getting hostile as security tried to escort her out of the stands.

The Mavs and the Nugs are set to face off again tomorrow night.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

MTgirl

Most of us don't hate people because of a different ethnicity. Most of us just hate people that act like uneducated low-life (and they come in all colors and economic conditions!)

Neesh

Sorry, but she's not black she's spanish so everyone can stop trying to make a connection between her and "us" black people.

nstratus

LaLa's parents are Puerto Rican and Puerto Ricans are of African Descent. The Nuggets won. Mavs suck. Keep it movin'

R.Zimmerman

Why do they always call it fiance(e) when it means shacking up????

monica

Its 2009 dont use the words RACE CARD STUPID.

cecy

She'is actually Puerto Rican, Both of her parents are Puerto Rican, born in New York!!!!!!!

tina

#11 your the dumb bitch lala is puerto rican which is ethnicity her racial make up would be black. there is a difference between race and ethnicity ex. french and german are not races but ethncitites but they are caucasions. So lala is a black woman, but latino ethnicity.

David K.

I don't know if it's lala's fault or those she claimed were thowing racial slurs at her...If she's at fault then she deserved to get thrown out, if it were the other people's fault then they should have got thrown out, plain and simple. I'm black and I can't stand to hear other blacks pulling the race card...but hold on...white folks do the same thing so nobody on here should even try to compare who's more racist because you'll never get the answer your looking for. Black people this, white people that...it's annyoying and a damn shame that we still have to keep conversing over the same sad ass subject called: racism. True to what an earlier poster said: "There will never be equality, someone will always play the race card."

edizzle

Lala is racist against white people. If you've seen charm school you'll know. I'm so sick of people calling everyone one else racist. It's such a straw hat argument. All it it, is "I'm wrong but they're racists." Oh well in that case...., dumbasses

DESTINEE

1st of all i wanna say i love Lala she is very classy and respectable and she always conducts her self as a lady..however i nor were any of these people dissing her were there most likely..but anyways i am a mother also so if anyone insults me i'll defend myself and also if they insult me in front of my son i'll feel totally disrespected and will apologize to my son at a later time cause i would have defended myself also b/c if you don't defend yourself or your kids no one else will.. and to call her a THUG? is just absolutely ridiculous and you are obviously ignorant because i;m pretty sure you don't know her personally..and the OBAMA comment is just absolutely stupid to judge someone on one experience just b/c they did something doesn't make em a bad person.i get along w/black,white,red,blue people who cares,racism is just what it is and so is ignorance. i don't care who likes her are not LaLa your my girl i appreciate you,your work,you son is gorgeous and you'll be a great wife!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOHN

LALA IS PUERTORICAN

Jack Lapeno

Ha stop playing the race card did you know the majority of the people who buy NBA tickets are white!??? So no!???? Race card???= WHAT? NO!? Jellos yes!! = very jellos!!

Previous 15 Comments | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17