Artie Lange

Arrested for

Suspicion of DUI

7/10/2009 3:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Artie Lange Arrested for Suspicion of DUIWe've just learned Artie Lange was busted for suspicion of DUI moments ago in New Jersey.

Law enforcement sources tell us the "Howard Stern Show" veteran was arrested about a half hour ago in Toms River after he got into a minor car accident.

UPDATE: Cops tells us Artie was driving a 2009 Nissan Sentra when he rear-ended a 2004 Pontiac. He was charged with DUI and careless driving.

Old Broad

Is there any kind of independent verification about this reality show of his or is it just another made-up story?

Becky

That's the next town over from me. I belive he was speaking at a library.

Shelly

SUSPICION means you APPEAR intoxicated, like if you are tired and seem dopey, or if you have a bum ankle or just plain fat and find it difficult to walk a straight line, or if you were having sex and are exhausted, or if you are mentally ill and seem confused, etc. That is enough to be taken to the police station. Once they give you a breath test, that will determine if you are truly under the influence. Always give the benefit of the doubt!

Lucy

wow, he didn't stay sober long!

Jim

TOO FAT TO FISH!

MizQ

Nothing Artie does shocks me. It's been obvious to anyone who was listening to the show before they went on vacation that Artie was hopped up on something. I mean, all that motor-mouthing, and that off the wall Joe Buck appearance. I wonder how Howard is going to close his eyes on this one. He lets Artie get away with murder.

Clinton

C"MON!!!!! We're dieing from Jackson overkill and what do you give us? ARTIE LANGE?!?! I'm underwhelmed.

Wheels

What a waste...not that he has any talent anyway. Artie Lange The Boated hack comic in my book.
Michael Wheels Parise

PS. And Artie if you read this you know the deal.

Jake

I hope it's not true

Crazy Alice

Eff you, Fat Artie!

86tagers

CALL ME ARTIE LET'S PLAY CHESS

soobeedoo

Artie...Artie...Artie....tsk, tsk,........

JustInTime

What's with these celebrities getting busted for DUIs in the middle of the freakin' day?? Wasn't Joyce DeWitt's DUI at like Noon...and this guy is in the middle of a weekday afternoon. I guess there's something to be said for having an "Average Joe" job that prevents you from thinking 5-martini lunches are a good idea.

marty

Poor Artie, is a shame, now that I heard he was having a new reality show and I was looking forward to it You are so funny, Artie, I remember your movie with Michael McDonald,you were both great. I hope you get your act together and realize you do have fans . You are so talented and we would like to see you acting again. Good luck, Artie!!

Jerry Kramer