Paula Abdul

Easy As ABC

8/12/2009 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul -- Easy As ABCPaula Abdul isn't missing a beat. Our spies say she spent part of the afternoon yesterday with ABC entertainment honcho Steve McPherson.

We're told Stevie M. wants Paula to be a contestant on "Dancing With the Stars" in the worst way. We're told there was talk of making her a guest judge but that's not gonna happen, and we know why. Paula and Carrie Ann Inaba don't get along.

But McPherson, who's friends with Paula, wants more from her than "Dancing." There's talk of Paula doing a guest appearance on "Ugly Betty." And we're told Paula has a show in mind with her name on it.

As for that other show ... "American Idol" we think it's called ... Paula is not shutting the door. $10 million, and she's theirs.

Stay tuned...

welc ome

HOPE SHE GOES BACK

eddie_omega

first ya'll

Kate

There always have been contestants on DWTS who have had a certain advantage over their competition- like Mario Lopez took tons of dance lessons as a kid. But Paula was a PROFESSIONAL choreographer! That would be ridiculously unfair. Why even watch?

libby

Get that money, Paula! Besides always being HILARIOUSLY impaired on AI, she was just so nice all the time. And constructive but encouraging to the kids. I hated her so much in the beginning, but her 'drunken sweetie' shtick really won me over, after awhile.
GO PAULA! Who watches AI to see Seacrest? Honestly, why does he get so much? He has enough jobs.

who dat

Paula is a dumb bitc* without talent. Her flakiness is what made the other show work. I predict she will flop, anywhere else besides idol.

Simone

Yes, it sounds weird. She is a professional choreographer and for her be in a competition with people whom don't have her background is not fair for the other contestants. I think that AI executives should pay the 10 millions that she wants and let her just go back for her sit on American Idol. That's it.

bitzod

there first and still DOff N4 H-woody woffs SOS $pile$$N CON trollys C-Yaz satellite hackysack`ss

Australian Mum

Idol needs Paula and they know it!!

Ann

Idol needs Paula! BRING HER BACK!!

keith

Is DWTS going to pay her $10 Million to appear as a CONTESTANT??? I doubt it !!! How much are they going to pay her appear on an episode of Ugly Betty???? The fact of the matter is Paula is not worth $10 Million to any network. I'm sure that there are many major music stars who would be happy to take her spot on AI for MUCH LESS than $10 Million. If I was the producer of AI I would be talking to JANET JACKSON right now as a replacement for Paula. Janet is a TRUE talent and is someone that would generate a lot of interest as a result of the untimely death of Michael. I heard that Janet was being considered as a contestant on DWTS but I really think she would be smart to pursue AI.

Linda Mott

Playing games like this is not professional. Doesn't she have an agent that handles her negotiations?

Stacey

I think DWTS should do at least one season with celebs that have a dancing back-ground. Its an idea at least. That way one season could be with the ones that have no training and then do one season with some that do have training... and then put the winners from each of those seasons together and make them dance against each other to see who does it best... the person with training or the person without. Sorry, I have too much time on my hands to think lol

keith

Further to my last post I would suggest that if AI cannot land Janet Jackson they should pursue Latoya Jackson. Laytoya has that "wacky" quality that everyone seems to like in Paula. Unlike Paula however Latoya Jackson is a member of pop music Royalty - "The Jacksons" and of course because of the untimely death of Michael her appearance on the show would generate a lot of interest

s jules

I am proud to say that I have NEVER watched American Idol. I have seen thousands of commercials and clips of it, not by my own choosing. I can't stand Abdul.. She needs to go away and leave us all alone. She, Lindsay Lohan, and Joan Rivers can go on a cruise together or something. Just get the hell out of the media. I am so weary of those two; they just need to go away. They make me vomit.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments