« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

'I Made Bad Decisions'

8/14/2009 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Michael Vick "Please Don't Pelt Me with Objects" tour began today as Vick addressed the press for the first time as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles.

videos

Vick said all the right things -- like "I won't disappoint," "Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right," and "You only get one shot at a second chance" -- but he's still got a long way to go to win over the fans of Philly.

Remember, these are the same people that booed Santa Claus.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

who the hell

131. Exactly, RR!!! If he was white...well we won't even go there....

Posted at 2:55PM on Aug 14th 2009 by Nunya
++++++++++++++++++
Well no one really needs to ask are you black or white. It is a proven fact black folks dont love their pets like whites do.

Kim

Wow! I see all the self-righteous folks are out in droves today. Thank God he is my final judge, because if I had to stand before man I would be crucified for all my iniquities. There are so many perfect people in this world.. that it's amazing. Guess what folks... none of you are perfect. Get off your high horses and stop pretending that you have lived a spotless and blameless life... we all have done something that we're not proud of. A day will come when all of you unforgiving, self-righteous folks will stand before God and will have to give an account of your wrongdoings.

Teriqua

MICHAEL VICK, YOU ARE A BAD MISTAKE.
There has never been a better argument made for birth control in the African-American population than you. You had a chance for success and you chose to be a criminal.
Black People, is it just me, or does it make anyone else mad that he perpetuates the image of African American men as criminals. SPEAK UP!!
Then the moron thanked his coach by, "Expressing his gratificaton to them." Ignorant fool! He should not be allowed to speak in public.

I am involved in community service. I help at the food bank every Wednesday. I also donate to various charity's but lately it has not been to much money. So I am giving more of my time to help better life in general

JD

Sick of hearing about how he "served his time" so he "deserves" a second chance.

Plenty of other people have served their time too (child molesters, rapists, murderers, etc.). Does everyone on this kick about serving his time feel the same about those criminals? And, no, most of them don't get second chances to go back to the lives they were living. Very few of them are going to be able to walk out of prison and score a $1.6M paycheck, let alone get their old jobs back at all!

What is so special about Vick that HE "deserves" this second chance?

Anita

Playing in the NFL is not a privilge - he is there because he has TALENT and prowess on the field.
Stop trying to ruin a young black man's life!

London not England

#113 Nunya
I TOLD YOU....It's the "OJ SIMPSON SYNDROME".......

White people were MORTIFIED That they FEEL he got away with MURDER....SO NOW ANY BLACK MAN THAT DOES ANYTHING..EVEN TO SOME DAMN DOGS..THEY WANT THEIR POUND OF FLESH THAT THEY FEEL THEY DIDN'T GET OUT OF THE OJ TRIAL...!!!!!
I Told You...White people signed a contract in 1995, they would never fall in love with a black man so hard again..Wait till you see what they do to Obama......they've already started doing it! Hitler Signs with Obama's face on it....etc...and ALL he is trying to do is CLEAN UP THAT LAST WHITE MAN'S MESS HE LEFT BEHIND....! DO YOU THINK MIKE VICK HAS ANY CHANCE AT ALL!?!??!! OVER SOME DAMN DOGS....! A WHITE WOMAN CAN SHOOT ENDANGERED SPECIES WITH A HIGH POWERED RIFLE OUT THE WINDOW, and NO BODY IS SCREAMING FOR HER BLOOD!?!?!?
SO WE WILL ALWAYS ALWAYS LIVE UNDER A DOUBLE STANDARD IN THIS RACIST COUNTRY KNOWN AS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...And What's worse, White people try to down play it, and tell us "It's our imagination" ....Just like Slavery didn't happen...or the HOLOCAUST Didn't Happen either.....
Yeah,...good luck Mike...They will try their best to get their pound of FLESH.....out of your ARSE!

Bill Bush

No way should that sleazeball pull a million dollar fee and get back into football - what a message that sends to kids as a role model - do anything you want and you'll get rewarded. Vick should be banned from football and made to hunker down in the mud with the friggin' dogs he killed and tortured! He's a piece of shi*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

linda

I have been a football fan since I was in junior high, I grew up watching College ball and NFL with my Dad. That said I have watched my last NFL game. My husband and I are both animal lovers and refuse to be part of ANYTHING THAT IS INVOLVED WITH VICK. Have had season tickets to both the Washington Huskies and the Seattle Seahawks. We just sold our Seahawks tickets. Will always continue to be a U0fW fan. Will NEVER watch another NFL game as long as that*%#@**#@! is in the game.

Anita

I am White,retards.

But that does not make me blind to what is going on here.
People over reacted two years ago when they saw his mansion, and him being black surely did not help.

OJ got his alright. Karma Bitch Karma OJ is in a nice cell where bad black people go.

renee

Its not about a parallel between the value of a human life and the life of a dog, it is about continually inflicting TORTURE on an innocent creature!! And anyone who says "pits kill babies" as a fact is a complete friggin moron.

who the hell

132. I don't get it. This miserable excuse for a human being gets to play football again after killing innocent animals and making MONEY off it, but Pete Rose is banned from baseball for the rest of his life? It's a flucked up world we live in. Bad decisions?! That's even more enraging the way he minimizes the horrific things he did.

Posted at 3:02PM on Aug 14th 2009 by Elissa

____________________
You forget this piece of rat shid is black Pete rose is white.

LOL OJ SIMSON GOT HIS- GOOD. I THINK IT IS BETTER HOW HIS FREEDOM ENDED THAN IF HE WENT TO JAIL AFTER THE MURDERS. HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS MISSING AND WHAT A DUMB THING GOT HIM IN JAIL. HE THOUGHT HE WAS NEVER GOING TO PAY FOR THOSE MURDERS BUT IN THE LONG RUN IT CAUGHT UP WITH HIM AND HE IS IN JAIL WHERE HE BELONGS ANYWAY. HA HA HA

Anita

It's also the "hate rich people" syndrome.
Some never-do-well folks resent anyone who has money,looks, nice homes, or who can afford to buy fur coats.
And if that person happens to be of a different race, so much the worse.