« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Legend

Gets House Arrest

for Coke Bust

11/19/2009 3:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1119_jimmy_smith_reg_01-1Jacksonville Jaguars legend Jimmy Smith pled guilty to possession of cocaine yesterday ... and was sentenced to spend the next six months in residential lockdown.

The former NFL star was arrested in Florida back in April, when cops pulled him over for having excessive window tinting ... then found coke, pot and drug paraphernalia in his car.

The other three charges Smith was facing -- possession of marijuana, using or possessing drug paraphernalia, and operating a vehicle with a suspended license -- will all be dropped as long as he plays by the rules.

Smith was also sentenced to 18 months probation, his license was revoked until his probationary period is over, he has to pay $1,000 in fines and complete weekly counseling and random drug screenings during his six months under house arrest.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Balls has no Balls

snow balls?

Scott

Nice locked to his house Im sure his house is very nice

He got off easy I would of thought less time then that even locked in his house with as much cash hes got!!!

What the

Legend??? Since when did Smith become a legend? He was just an average player at best. Legend??? Ha ha ha... Now that's funny.

jord3t

wow it helps to be a celebrity. I can't even get a break on a parking ticket!!!

jean

Life will never change, anyone that was in some sort of limelight for 15 minutes will just get the same old slap on the wrist, DUI, drugs,beating their mate to a pulp will do some community service.Did these judges ever ask us we(Americans) DO NOT want these clowns even picking up our trash in our communites?We want them off the streets and behind bars bars like the rest of the population at large. They like Jacko, and a cast of thousands can get away for years of criminal activity and until they drop over dead,or, go to schools to say "do not do drugs"look at the fool I am, was, type senario,nothing will change. The only thing that will happen is these celeb ,and so, called celebs will make it tougher for the rest of us,never themselves.

JT

Not a legend? Do your research, Say What. Jimmy Smith (one half of THUNDER & LIGHTENING along with Keenan McCardell) retired with 12,287 receiving yards, 67 touchdowns and 862 receptions. There are only three others players in the Football Hall of Fame with more receiving yards. He was also instrumental in getting the youngest team in NFL history, the Jaguars, to make it to their first conference championship in 1996, and make it to the playoffs four years in a row. He was selected to the Pro Bowl five times, seven consecutive 1,000 yard seasons and continues to hold receiving records in the Jaguars franchise.

Again, I say…not a legend? Jimmy Smith’s talent, grace and speed have yet to be duplicated in recent years. On top of all of his accomplishments on the field he is a very kind man, and would take time every season on his days off to spend time with the pediatric cancer patients in Jacksonville at the local children’s hospital. I wish him much success in his recovery.

Whamo

Hey Stela, Can you be any more irritating with your stupidly spaced post? Oh look at me, look at me! If he is a stalker all he's has to do is talk to you for a second and realize you're a f#cking retard. You'd probably be stalking him after because you like the attention.

Lippy Loo

Gotta love NFL players! They get to beat the crap out of the wife or girlfriend, or kill her (Mr. OJ, I know did it) kill innocent dogs, drive drunk, do steroids, and other various recreational drugs, and make TONS of money! I used to be a huge fan of NFL, but not anymore. I want to hurl when I watch these pathetic losers, killers, druggies, and drunks. They do not deserve one red cent, they should all be locked up like the rest of us regular folks.

Mikey

No coke, pepsi.

What the

@ JT - Your a funny guy with your stats. Only "3" players with more receiving yards in the Hall of Fame. Why did you forget to mention all the players not in the Hall of Fame with more receiving yards. Let see to name a few. Tim Brown, Chris Carter, Henry Ellard, Irving Fryar, Marvin Harrison, Andre Reed, Jerry Rice - Please tell me when to stop??? Oh and by the way, these are just the retired players. Don't make me list the active players that have more receiving yards. Once again, Legend? Please.

OhWell

Legend ?

lynda

What a loser.

JT

Say What, you have mention some amazing receivers in NFL history…with Jerry Rice being the greatest receiver in the history of the NFL. There are still others (Cris Carter, Irving Fryar, Marvin Harrison, etc.) that have achieved great feats as NFL receivers. In fact, of the roughly 2,025 retired NFL receivers only 22 have ever had over 10,000 total receiving yards in their careers. Specifically, that puts them in the top 1%. To me, that means that all of the 22 have achieved a level of playing perfection that I believe qualifies them as “legends.” Jimmy Smith is one of those 22 players…hence an NFL Legend.

While there are current receivers that have achieved over 10,000 yards, they have yet to retire and therefore should not be included in the “legends” category until the completion of their careers. Once they do, I will certainly concede that they should be considered legends as well. By the way, I may be funny…but I’m not a guy. Just a lifelong female football fan.

CriticAl

Looks like the dude who was stalking Seacrest.