'Biggest Loser' Star -

Big Fat Liar ... Allegedly

2/10/2010 2:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Based on the weight of the evidence "The Biggest Loser" star Jillian Michaels is pulling a dietary fast one on the American public for profit ... according to a new class action lawsuit.

Jillian Michaels
According to documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court, the Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Calorie Control dietary supplement is "worthless."

The lawyer who filed the suit, Melissa Harnett, tells TMZ, "Telling people you take two magic pills and then eat chocolate cake all day is a deception."

The suit alleges, "Sadly, Michaels has decided to exploit her fame and goodwill by collaborating with Thin Care and Basic Research to promote a weight loss supplement that purportedly will cause weight loss by itself, without any additional effort on the part of the consumer."

The suit asks for an injunction prohibiting the sale of the product, plus damages.

UPDATE
: Jillian has released the following statement:

"Unfortunately, anyone can file a lawsuit in California. All it takes is a $355 filing fee. That research was reviewed by some of the leading weight-loss experts in the world before Jillian would put her name on the product.

The lawsuit will be handled in the courts like all other lawsuits, and we are confident we will prevail."

Crissy Angela

This doesn't sound anything like what Jillian Michaels' philosophy is at all. Someone is wanting to sue a celebrity again; better odds than a lottery ticket right?

Missy

"I'm glad someone's suing her. She barks at contestants on the Biggest Loser about how only diet and exercise will help them lose weight, and then she puts her name on these bogus "fat burning" supplements. Hypocrite?" by Le Tigre

I totally agree! I was very disappoined to see her name on such a product!

honesty

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving slow
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said;
"Keep YOUR HEAD

time

Midget to answer your question - No and do not try bone stretching either. Watch your weight by eating properly. Look at what TM8 had to say (on an ealier comment that was posted) and follow those instructions about what to eat. Eat small portions. Enjoy your life as you are and remain polite to everyone. You do not need anyone's approval and you do not need to apologize for your height.

trina

i just seen the commercial for this and it says with proper diet and excercise.....this lawsuit is definatly unfounded

MindyD

Just another bully with a TV show-I can't stand her!!!

?????

People who believe in stuff like that deserve to have their money taken. They are in the same category as people who send money to strangers over the internet and old men; that's why they're on this earth, they want to give away money and they need somone to take it.

Chris from Maine

I had a feeling that stuff was a rip off, just about all of those diet pills are worthless.

However she stuck her name on one, and that was her mistake. She left herself open to these kind of lawsuits.

missywissy

#8- you got to be kidding me! You don't think Jillian Micheals likes people???? That chick gives more love to people that don't understand themselves... As a matter of fact, when I watch her and how she is and how much of herself she gives I look up to her for that alone. She is the most beautiful soul on television, she doesn't ever ask anything for herself. You can tell she is all about loving others. She gives gives gives. She's an asset and gives perfect love.

BikerGirl

She really should have thought about this endorsement a little bit more before she did it. Her main philosophy is diet and exercise and on the Biggest Loser those contestants are not given pills. I will admit I was duped by this and did lose 10 lbs with the first bottle, but then I realized that I lost the weight because of diet and exercise, not becasue of the pill itself. I also started taking vitamins and getting the proper amount of sleep so I have more energy, and when I'm feeling groggy I do some stretches and get moving so I don't need a massive caffeine boost. She needs to stick to touting the healthy lifestyle changes that she does on TV. And as for the lawsuit, there is some grounds for it becasue it comes with a guarantee that if you are not satisifed with your results you can get your money back. My guess is that this woman tried to get her money back and the company wouldn't refund it.

Fred Farkel

OK so now what am I supposed to do with all this Entenmenn's chocolate cake???

Gosh dang it. I'm gonna have to eat it all myself.

alisha

i had a family member buy these and say they didn't work at all.

time

Fred do not eat it; take it back or throw it out. It is better to lose a few dollars than try to lose the weight that you will gain. It certainly is not worth it. Too many diseases are related to being overweight - diabetes, CAD, strokes ...

um, no thanks

I am not a fan of people that hawk bs diet pills that do not work but I get sick of attorneys who seem to be looking everywhere for anyone to sue.
That lawyer suing her has already lost some credibility with an obviously false quote which is "Telling people you take two magic pills and then eat chocolate cake all day is a deception."

Does anyone really believe Jillian would tell people that they can take two magic pills and then eat chocolate cake all day.
Have you ever seen how hard she pushes people she trains on television?

Accusing someone of lying and misrepresenting things by lying and misrepresenting things yourself makes you no more credible than them.

If the attorney can't produce the quote Jillian should be the one suing her.

Here is a quote that actually rings true, "Too many attorneys in this country are their own clients"

Fred Farkel

by time:

You folks her take unka Fred too seriously.

I haven't had any Entenmenn's chocolate cake for years now.

What I do have is a whole mess of Entenmenn's chocolate donuts though.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments