'Jersey' KO Victim Fails to Block DVD Release

2/22/2010 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The guy Ronnie cold-cocked on an episode of "Jersey Shore" just lost another fight -- a judge shot down his efforts to stop tomorrow's release of "Jersey" on DVD.

Jersey Shore

This is all a part of a civil lawsuit Stephen Izzo filed in Ocean County Superior Court in New Jersey against Ronnie, MTV, Viacom and crew over the throwdown that left Izzo face down on a brick walkway ... and Ronnie with an assault charge.

In the suit, Izzo's lawyer Eugene LaVergne claims everyone involved in "Jersey's" production is profiting off Ronnie's alleged criminal act, which LaVergne says is against the law. Izzo is suing for invasion of privacy and for the unauthorized use of his likeness and image.

As for today's ruling, LaVergne said the judge decided the DVD could be released because Izzo's face is blurred out during the altercation and they were unable to prove the clip caused Izzo harm.

The fight continues on March 5, when they're due back in court.

Cashdollar

GO RONNIE!!!! The guy is a loser, he started it, thought he was all that. Even his trashy girlfriend thought she was all that, and then tried to blame Ronnie. Guy is a loser and I am 100% team Ronnie!

martymart278

DAMN! HE GOT KNOCKED THE F--- OUT!!!

ITUS

I wonder if he can make money on ever poor sucker who gets knocked out for using the LIKENESS OF HIS IMAGE FROM NOW ON? LOL LOL LOL

Allison

I can't believe that. Izzo's face is blurred out during the altercation. cL pumps shoes

Dirt Burger

He should change his name to "One Punch Rizzo!" get it! because Ronny dropped him with one punch.HAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAA! I'm laughing so hard at my own joke I'm going to throw up on my keyboard! One Punch Rizzo, you got dropped Buster!!!

R

This is COMPLETELY inappropriate on Jersey Shore and MTV's behalf for this irresponsible display of violence. It's unacceptable to show it to dumb and gullible teenagers!

K-Luv

It's what happens when you RUN YOUR FLIPPING MOUTH...someone may call you on it and knock you the FRACK OUT! The whole show is a flipping train wreck you just have to watch...but the people that have gotten popped...DESERVED IT for running their mouths! However, I am GLAD there is only ONE Jersey shore...cause it looks like trailer trash world!

kim

I think I went to high school with this kid...

Logan

"Face down, A$$ up, that's the way that chump got thumped. LMAO" And that's the way Ronnies going to get 'thumped' in prison. LMAO!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2