TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Dennis Hopper's Asst. -- Wife Tried to Kill Him!

4/1/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Someone tried to kill Dennis Hopper -- according to legal docs filed by the actor's assistant -- and the alleged culprit is Hopper's own wife.


Dennis' assistant, Emily Davis, made the shocking allegation in a declaration filed in Hopper's epic divorce battle with wife Victoria.

In the docs, obtained by TMZ, Davis claims she and everyone else in the Hopper household were "at the mercy of [wife Victoria's] cruelty" when Hopper had to be taken to the hospital last December -- and added that his wife "was trying to kill him." Emily didn't specify the alleged method of termination.

Davis claims Victoria -- who's been trying to preserve her stake in Dennis' inheritance -- "is a threat to all in the home and has already looted millions of [dollars in] property that is not hers."

Dennis' daughter from a prior marriage, Marin Hopper -- who's actually older than her stepmother -- also weighed in, calling Victoria's behavior "frightening" ... and accusing her of spreading "slanderous lies" to the media.

UPDATE: Victoria tells TMZ: "Emily Davis' claims are outrageous, horrifying, and not based on facts or reality."

22 COMMENTS

No Avatar
16.

doc murry    

Why didnt she just push the old drunk down some steps....much more simple

1580 days ago
17.

causeiamok    

It's called elder abuse which is sadly the most overlooked problem today.
Financial, emotional, physical abuse of our greatest generation is rampant out there by caregivers; whether they be family or outside hired help....EVEN BY AN AGENCY.
Adult Protective Services??? THEY ARE A JOKE.
And our elderly continue to suffer silenty and alone.
Each elderly person needs a trusted family member as their advocate.

1580 days ago
18.

London not England    

AND SHE'S A WHORRRRRRRRRRE TA BOOT!~!~!~!~!~!

1580 days ago
19.

Ladylaw    

I don't know what it is about this story but I think there are a lot of lies and a lot of truth floating arond from ALL parties.

1580 days ago
20.

Bennett    

When I saw her in person at an Oscar Event about two years ago, she looked like someone who would take the money and run.

Dennis has worked many many years. She has enjoyed the benefits of his labor.

She needs to move on and leave Dennis to pass gracefully. What a bitch!!!

1580 days ago
21.

robert    

Dennis thats what happens when you run around with thoose yougin's sometimes you find a crazy!

Please visit our website!!!

http://www.26states30lakes.com

We're embarking on a cross country wakeboarding trip!

1580 days ago
22.

Former Hopper Fan    

This is clearly a ploy to get Victoria out of the house before Hopper dies, which could complicate the pre-nup and the will. I don't see Victoria as a whore or a bitch. Marin is simply manipulating her father cuz she wants the inheritance; God forbid daddy's girl should work a day in her life. Victoria may get jacked, but in the long run she can write her tell-all & re-coup some of her loss that way.
Hopper has approximately 25 million; The pre-nup gives Victoria 25%. My solution: give Victoria 12% instead, leaving 88% to be divided equally among his 4 kids, giving them each 22%. That's only 3% less than if Victoria was excluded altogether.
After all, she put up with the cranky old geezer; she should get something for it. If she was really so bad, Hopper would have left her long ago. This whole mess is only about money. What a sorry lot of kids he raised!

1576 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2

Around The Web