Jon Gosselin: I Never Asked for Custody

4/22/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon Gosselin is lashing out at the lawyer he just fired .... claiming the attorney filed legal papers asking for primary custody without Jon's permission.

Gosselin tells TMZ, "I never wanted primary custody, he [attorney Anthony List] filed for that.  I only wanted a more flexible custody schedule so I could be with my kids."

But List tells TMZ, "Jon signed off on everything."

Jon, who is pissed that List spoke with the media, insists he wants to pay child support, adding, "I just can't afford the $22,000 a month right now. That is why I'm trying to find a job."

As for what type of job ... Jon says, "I would like a job in some aspect of TV, probably as a host."

Well, if Kate can dance ...

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

MrKelsey

GO THE F*CK AWAY BOTH OF YOU! JUST A COUPLE OF FAMOUS FOR FIFTEENERS WHO'S TIME WAS UP LONG AGO. DAMN! ENOUGH!

Sally

I would not even hire Jon to host my Grandchildren's birthday party. Give up your hope for stardom, Jon, and go back to computers (unless that was a lie too).

BB

u r as weak as piss Jon

Cooper

Notice how as soon as Kate is voted off DWTS all of a sudden there is no longer a custody issue. This was a team effort to get pity votes for Kate and the public bought into it for a few weeks. Now the game is over and so is the custody battle.

Ryan

Judy - PA did not set aside tuition funds for the Gosselin kids. It did open TAP accounts for them. You are incorrect:

After the birth of the Gosselin sextuplets, the Lieutenant Governor announced college funds accounts were opened by the state. The accounts were setup, but not funded by the State of Pennsylvania so interested citizens could donate for their college tuition.
From the remarks by Lt. Governor Knoll on May 5, 2005:

Every year in Pennsylvania we welcome over 140,000 new babies. That the Gosselins chose to escalate that number dramatically in 2004 is an occasion worthy of all the celebration we can bring it.

I try to picture 49 years from now when Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah, and Joel will get together for their 50th birthday party. There will be more candles at that event than there were at the Vatican a few weeks ago. It will look like the runway lights have been turned on at an airport.

Somewhere in between this birthday and that one, there will be a lot of other milestones to celebrate -- multiplied by six. Six first days of school, six first dates, six drivers' licenses, six college tuitions…

I know that all parents think about these milestones, especially how they are going to provide their children with a college education. For Kate and Jonathan, I'm sure they think about this often.

That is why, for my gift to the Gosselin Family on this very special occasion, I am opening accounts for all eight of the Gosselin children through the Tuition Account Program, which I had a hand in creating when I served as Pennsylvania State Treasurer.

Contributions to these accounts will accrue throughout the children's lives and be available to them once it comes time to attend college.

If you would like to make a contribution to the Gosselin Family's TAP account, you can do so by making your check payable to "TAP 529," writing "Gosselin" in the memo portion of the check, and sending your contributions to: Gosselin Sextuplets and Twins Accounts, TAP Bureau, 218 Finance Building, Harrisburg, PA 17120. More information on the Tuition Account Program can be obtained by calling 1-800-440-4000 or by visiting the Treasury website and clicking on Tuition Account Program.

Gena

Your job is to be a dad! You decided to cheat on your wife and bring your kids down with you. Let Kate do what she wants, if they are calling her to do show's etc..... and not you what does that tell you. Your just being a HATER!!!!!!!! Get a job and pay what the court orders you to pay. If you could go around wearing ED Hardy and party with him and you girl friend, then you could afford to pay 20,000. I'm just saying geeesss those ED Hardy shirts are a bit expensive. Be a man and stop you crying !!!!!!!!!

frankie

he should be the new judge on american idol! lol

sasha

Well, if Kate can dance ...

TMZ, ROFLMAO!! the writer of this deserves a pat on the back....that was funny!

Shegi

These two should have stayed together and stayed on the show. They were two broke to get a divorce with those eight kids.

whateverpeeps

LOL at all of the people that were like "JON LOVES HIS KIDS!" Owned much?

I knew this guys is just a pos. Made his vows, got married, and then flipped out at the thought of being a father. That's a real man there: when the going gets tough, run away with your tail between your legs. Kate is more of a man than Jon. At least she's not afraid to raise her kids and does anything to provide for them.

Btw kids, child support is based on income and assets. 22,000 ain't that much for him. He's just a whiny sob. Get a job and provide for your kids, douchebag.

Helen

Kate and her fake crying should be an actress because she has a gift. She can cry at the drop of a dime. and knows when to pull this off. She is happy when she can act like a child and stick her tongue out. I am through watching any of her spoiled kid acts.The kids look so lost and don't smile

Shortnsaszy

Host a show. Jon is not the type of person that can carry on a intellegent conversation. He is not witty, although he thinks he is. Lets put him on Jerry Springer. Maybe Jerry can teach him how not to get caught writing personal checks to hookers (while being a mayor of a large city). Kate has the personality to host a show, but not Jon.

Pam

My daughter works at a restaurant that Jon & his girlfriend came into for dinner, she said he was grumpy and rude..Maybe he was havin a bad day!! Do ya think.....

Annie

I am asking this seriously. Would anyone hire this douche? Has he ever earned a living.

Roboman

A HOST????? Hosting WHAT?????
This guy can't even talk. How the HELL is he going to host ANYTHING. Who's he think he is, Merv Griffen?

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9