Lindsay's New Lawyer:

She's Going to Jail

7/16/2010 8:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan has officially hired Bob Shapiro to represent her in her ongoing DUI probation case ... but only on condition that she goes to jail.

0716-robert_shapiro_EX_Getty_01
TMZ broke the story earlier this week that Shapiro was stepping in after Shawn Chapman Holley quit.  Shapiro, who repped O.J. Simpson, tells TMZ, "I have agreed to represent Ms. Lohan on the condition that she complies with all the terms of her probation, including a requirement of jail time that was imposed by Judge Marsha Revel."

Shapiro added, "Ms. Lohan is suffering from a disease that I am all too familiar with."  The lawyer's son died of a drug overdose in 2005.

Kris

Finally - a defense attorney who tells the truth and insists his client accept responsibility for her actions. There may be hope for Lohan after all.

JR Jake

To Laffin Bear and anyone else that wants to misquote or misrepresent the Bible: John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

WORD = Watch/Wait, Observe, Reply/Rpent/Report Decision/Determine.

Jesus is not God. Jesus is the son. John 3:16. Why is that so hard to understand. We have heard of the expression 'Like Father, like Son'. He represents all things good and pure about his Father and represented it VERY WELL during his life.

For those who want to villify and chastise Lindsay, 'Ye who are without sin cast the first stone'. We are too quick to judge and not allow others the opportunity to turn their life around.

THAT is what Jesus is all about. Giving people 2nd, 3rd and sometimes many more chances to 'Get it Right'. I sure hope one question that is asked of me upon entering the pearly gates: "What Did you learn?" Maybe it won't be asked of me, but it might of YOU.

Lindsay like so many others deserves compassion and love, let God deal with the Patience thing. He is more patient and forgiving than man is, and for a good reason. He knows where you are going to be even before you get there. HE HAS SEEN THIS PICTURE BEFORE.

CJ

Posted at 7:27 AM on Jul 17, 2010 by Kris
................................................................

Kris, not sure about the telling the truth part :-) but I agree, he seems to have convinced her to accept responsibility for her actions. He seems to at least be a good voice of reason which is something that Lindsay sadly seems to be lacking in her life.

jack-55d79

Ernie, lol. It wasn't me that said "prison works". You said "JAIL works". On #80, page 6 in this very thread!

So thank-you for so many replies. They're very amusing! (if not logically consistent or entirely sane).

Every site has a resident nutter. A kind of poet laureate of amusingly single issue and bonkers comments (in your case Christian hellfire evangelism good, modern world bad - we get it, Ernie, we get it). Do carry on. One or more replies is acceptable.

I hope Lindsay recovers entirely, makes loads of money and wins an Oscar.

Laffn Bear

Ernie
I realize now that you envision yourself as the voice of the Bible on Earth for today.
Unfortunately your sermons and convoluted and irrational logic gets in the way of whatever half baked message you are trying to impart.
I, for one, am capable of reading and interpreting what I read for myself. I don't need or desire someone to do it for me. Save that for those who give a damn.
I can see now it is true: you are intend the resident TMZ comments crackpot.
It is not my habit to confer title upon people but you have earned that one.

Seawater

Ernie,

No addict is ever cured!! I do believe that a higher power is needed to achieve a sober life. We in real recovery have chosen a God of OUR understanding. This is why your rants do not jive with alot of people. If you think your God has cured an addict you are mistaken. He has maybe given this person a daily reprieve. Tomorrow may be a different story.

sammi

Wow she needed a lawyer of his stature to tell her you play you pay? And as much as I don't care for her father, hes been saying all along his daughter has a problem. Why can't dina see it or is it the money they are used to making off of lilo? The whole camp needs counciling. Lilo you can do it and make a come back but you have to want it bad. Its not that hard to just say no. Its time you start feeling good about yourself. Remove yourself from your family and gets some perspective and take some time for your self. You deserve it.

sammi

Hope she gets the help she needs and where was dina when she needed her mother the most? Being needy and making money off of lilo addiction? Her father was right all along and I hope he gets due appreciation from lilo. Though he did some things in the media I as a parent would have not done.

Lola

Jesus is the Son and God and the Holy Spirit. They are Three in One, the Trinity. This is the great mystery and beyond human comprehension.

Jesus said...

* I and My Father are one. John 10.30
* If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. John 14.7a
* He who has seen Me has seen the Father. John 14.9b

Ernie

See... what a little provoking does? It gets people to talk about God!! Excelllent. For those of you who think people can not be "cured" of drug addiction you are entirely wrong because it is not a disease in the first place. Therefore.... now what? There is not one test that can be given a "drug addict" to prove he/she is a drug addict. If you have one please share it. I know hundreds if not thousands of former sinners who once considered themselves drug addicts. But they repented of their sins and God delivered them and they never returned... many after 30-50 years. The problem is when someone speaks up about the power of Jesus they are considered nutcases by people living their lives with their heads in the sand... in total darkness... which is fine... that is your choice. However, dont' try to take your negativity to those who have been cured of their sinful behaviors... like the 86% who graduated from faith based programs and are free from substance abuse,which by the way is only the tip of the iceberg of an abusers real problems. Anyway... Jesus is God ... not just the Son of God (a title)... He is also the Everlasting Father, Prince of God.... Lord of Lords.... King of Kings.... get with it.... come on in the Water is fine.

Ernie

Jack ---- jail does work for those who understand why they are there and being to allow God to change their lives. It is God's way of getting one's attention. Think He has LiLo? However, the revolving door of most jails and prisons proves jail in itself does not work. It is only punishment. Most inmates are cuddled ... given everything... and do nothing in return but do time and blame everyone else for why they are there in the first place. Many find God for the first time in jail and prison and most do not return... that is if they get it the first time around. It is a process... and many believers return and try again. However, it is there to help people and protect society.... it has saved thousands of "drug addicts" lives. Just ask some. It just saved LiLo's... for today anyway. She is still faced with making some very serious decisions on how she wants to continue her life after jail. The stats are against her if she doesn't try to get right with God. Ask celebrity poster boy, Robert Downey Jr... who finally had to do serious prison time to finally "get it" ... not sure how much he got but it is enough "right now" to keep him on the straight and narrow. Federal states are 3 out of 4 ex-prisoners return to prison within the first three years of their release. California's stats are even higher... over 75% return within the first year. Let's hope and pray LiLo is one of the 25% who "gets it" ....

Seawater

Ernie, I agree with most of your comments. The only one I do not agree with is being cured. I got IT. I know what you mean by that. A spirtual, giving lifestyle is the only way to keep sober. My problem with you is the word Christ Almighty. These words you speak scare the heck out of some people seeking recovery. You can recover without religious beliefs. So please try not to preach the Christian way as the only means to reach sobriety inorder to GET IT. GET IT.

Laffn Bear

Speaking as a person with over twenty years of sobriety in 12 step programs I can say this. I, personally saw many of my friends that spent time in faith based programs that relapsed and relapsed worse than they had been.
They had put their faith in the preachings of pedantic Christians and could not understand why they relapsed. They believed they has been "saved." That is until they relapsed.
Many of these people had been in and out of rehabs until they began a 12 step program in earnest.
Recovery comes from within, no one or nothing outside of yourself can "save" you or "make" clean and sober. Nothing and no one can "lead" you to sobriety. It is an inside job.
I know.

Lorelei Hilz

Shapiro is just trying to make a name to himself again and reminding the public that he sure he can get the judge to change her mind. I don't think so. Lindsey has done enough damage to the law and to herself. Go to jail Lindsey and then to rehab. Maybe, being in jail will help you break the ice of her pill poppin and drinking and then transfer to rehab. Maybe she doesn't have to stay in jail when she start getting sick in jail because she is so addicted to pills and alcohol. They may just put her in Rehab. Who knows. But this is a good thing.

jk

she'll be given the "best"cir***stances that can be given to someone in jail-i might even view it as a vacation!she'll be fine and still can come home to luxury and stardom-so i don't feel sorry for her-i would have been in jail FOREVER if i did anything similar