D.A.'s Office Will Not Rush Mel Gibson Case

7/14/2010 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources involved in the Mel Gibson investigation tell TMZ ... the D.A's office will not become "part of the howling mob" and rush a decision on whether to prosecute the actor.

0709_mel_gibson_EX_Getty_01
We're told reps from the L.A. County Sheriff's Department told the D.A.'s office last week ...  the case could be sent over to prosecutors as early as this week, but now that will definitely not happen.

There are critical witnesses still to interview -- including Oksana's dentist and 12-year-old son -- as well as the presentation Mel's lawyers will make to Sheriff's detectives.  And the Sheriff's department still needs to review and authenticate the tapes.

We're told prosecutors are in touch with Sheriff's detectives but they are not attending the witness interviews.

One source involved in the case put it this way:  "Mel isn't going anywhere.  He's like Tiger Woods.  There's no where he can hide in the world.  And she (Oksana) isn't in any danger.  We're in no rush to make a decision.  We're going to do it right."

0708_gibson_fotter_550

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Nicole C.

Some of you on here are clearly evil, hateful Rusophobes who could care less that regardless of why Oksana was even with Mel Gibson in the first place, she (regardless of her nationality or adultress status) is a victim of interpersonal domestic violence and abuse who is in clear and present danger.

Nicole C.

By the way, carole:

"Mel PICKED a RUSSIAN WHORE to get pregnant. Nice going, Mel.. Now your daughter will be a Whore in Russia because Oksana will leave AFTER she TAKES YOUR MONEY!! You got RIPPED OFF , you dumb Polock!!"

You are part of why my Jewish great-great-grandparents stayed crypto-Jewish Catholics when they came here: to blend in with enough of the population to both stay Jewish (at hat time, you didn't hear about many Hebrews who wanted to risk blending in with WASPs, now did you? They preferred to blend in even with the anti Semites like Mel Gibson) and avoid WASP supremacists like you.

Ron Golden

You know Mel always tends to play a crazy guy in his movies. Seems now he wasn't acting. There are two sides to every story and I have no doubt that she holds some responsibility. Hook up with a Gold Digger and make babies its gunna cost yuh. Thats the FK'N you get for the FK'N you got...

Trish

@mysteria333 You are a weirdo! You talk like a true nutcase.

LAMusing

#9 said: What she did was not only illegal, it was slimy, unethical and wrong. She goes after a MARRIED man, blows him for 3 years, gets knocked up, (she has ANOTHER bast@rd by Timothy Dalton) and then goads him into saying these things to her. She dubs what she says to him, and tapes him going psycho. I wish he had killed the Russian prosty.

WOW. That's so all kinds of wrong I barely know where to start.
He was the MARRIED man who cheated on his wife of nearly 30 years, then tried to get that marriage annulled (despite the 7 children they had).
I think he had something to do with the knocked up part.
She goaded him?! Into death threats, violent verbal abuse and being punched in the face having her teeth knocked out!?
Dubbing? Where do you get that from? Is it a Mel imitator saying she needs a bat upside her head?
You wish he had KILLED her? Ah... now your post makes sense. Hi Mel.

Beautifulone

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS...HOW THE HELL ARE THEY NOT GOING TO RUSH TO MEL (THE WOMAN BEATER, IGNORANT, DRUNK) BUT COULD NOT WAIT TO THROW CHRIS BROWN UNDER THE DAMN JAIL CELL. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON IN THIS COUNTRY. SEE THIS IS THE REASON I FEEL THE WAY I DO ABOUT THESE CROSS EYED ASS COPS!!!!

Nina

Oksana is cold calculative liar. She is not a victim. She provoked Mel.
Ans she really looks like a whore with plastic face, overdone surgeries and fake boobs.
She can't sing, he music is blank.
I am Russian and feel her personality - she is after money, that's all.

Preserve the Tiger

To #12 ~ That is a horrible thing to say! How in the heck can you sleep at night. You're disgusting! You're as bad as Joan Rivers and that's darn bad!

I feel sorry for you! You're hell bound with thoughts like that! Everyone of you with negative comments, negative minds, need counseling! You also need to learn how to forgive. You need to clean around your own front door because trying to clean around someone else's. What gives you the right to judge someone? There's only one true Judge and come Judgment Day, He'll remember your comments!

Soldier

Ha ha, I love these idiots judging Mel on such flimsy, out of context evidence. And to top it all off, he didn't even say anything that I haven''t heard from EVERYBODY in one form or another. What a bunch of judgmental pricks. It will not be successful. Mel Gibson is honorable in every way. It's clear. But why are the Jews trying to destroy him?

Soldier

Ha ha, I love these idiots judging Mel on such flimsy out of context evidence. And to top it all off, he didn't even say anything that i haven''t heard from EVERYBODY in one form or another. What a bunch of judgmental pricks. It will not be successful. Mel Gibson is honorable in every way.

Carol

So when they discover that this is all a hoax and both the racist white trash and his Russian ho are in on it together, are they going to file charges for that?
How can anyone hold their cool for that long while someone keeps making death threats against them? No, those recording were too well rehearsed and they are both in on it.
After Passion of the Christ, Mel discovered the power the negative press had over the post office draw.

Gail H

I'm sick of hearing all the bad stuff about Mel Gison. You can tell on those tapes that she prompted him and caught him at a time when they were "privately" fighting. That's why her voice is so calm, why does the media act so stupid about that when they know better. THIS IS WHY TAPING SOMEONE WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE IS ILLEGAL!! I've fought with my husband, my sisters, my brothers at a younger time in my life that I've used ugly words like that, they've used ugly words, the f... word, kill, murder, all of it! Damn, people get mad! We all get along fine now. People fight ugly to people that are close to them. Oh c'mon, you do too!! We don't know what she said and how she acted to Mel so, damn it, this is so UNFAIR!! She COULD TRULY BE a nasty bitch! That was pretty sneaky how she taped him and how she timed WHEN to tape him - get real! I'm glad Donald Trump expressed that. I agree with Donald Trump (and many, many others, I'm sure!!) on what he ever saw in her. We DON'T KNOW Mel's side of the story. Why release all these tapes for HER benefit?!!! The media all seems to be against Mel Gibson, just because of the tapes YOU released - unfair!! Those are private conversations, I SAY AGAIN!! Sneaky, sneaky bitch is what I say - and I'm sure you say! You're just trying to make money on these tapes. I don't blame you. It's just not letting us know WHY Mel Gibson dislikes her so much. He could have very, very good reasons. I know of some pretty nasty women at my bank/work that are at their ugliest (just like Mel) during their divorces. THIS IS NOT FAIR TO MEL GIBSON!! I can't believe that people aren't talking about how damn sneaky she was!! Taping him was just possibly another one of HER HORRIBLE games she played on him to get him his angriest. She is maybe not the victim here - I'm serious, it could be Mel that is the victim here, ALL THE WAY. Perhaps that is why his ex-wife is sticking up for him, because she knows him the best for all those years, all the kids they had, and all their ups and downs. The tapes should not be in public - especially between two people that are divorcing. I've been divorced. Divorce is the most traumatic event outside of death, you bet it is - this is private, this is unfair.

Bernadette

I think this Oksana should be deported along with her other russian buddies that recently got sent back for spying. She is cold hearted and ruthless enough to merit investigation as she clearly uses psychological ploys to attack a conservative and really, like Sanborn's sad situation, break up a marriage and embarass him publicly. Calculated and ruthless.... russian and anti american it seems to me.

sue

Mels wife already sign a legal do***ent saying that he never beat her or her children. Talking about Mel breaking some of Oksana teeth. He supposedly have had done in the beginning of
the year. Why did she wait now? Who tapes phone messages anymore unless that want something. Any women who goes after another women's husband deserves what she gets. I have no sympathy for those women. Mel you really blew it when he gave up a wonderful women for that women. Why are some husbands and even wifes giving up a good marriage and a great life for a piece of "@$$.

Soldier

Couldn't Mel date someone other than a reptilian or a butter face? Geez, it must be hard to hook up with normal looking girls in Hollyweird.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6