Sheriff

Will Investigate Extortion Claim Against Oksana

7/21/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... the L.A. County Sheriff's Department will investigate allegations that Oksana Grigorieva attempted to extort money from Mel Gibson ... in return for keeping the tapes secret.

0721_Oksana_Grigorieva_LA_badge_EX

Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ, "Extortion allegations have been brought to our attention and we are certainly going to be looking at that."

TMZ broke the story ... Gibson's attorney, Blair Berk, made a formal presentation to Sheriff's deputies yesterday, alleging she and her team have evidence of extortion and that Oksana lied to authorities about various claims.

Sources connected with Gibson have told TMZ they have "hard proof" of extortion.

Sources say deputies will also be investigating the allegations that Oksana made false claims.

Oksana's rep was not available for comment.

Modwild

Well, I'm really glad they took no time in checking into extortion charges, but sat back and assumed her charges of abuse were false because she didn't have enough bruises. Thanks movie business. You're fake blood and bruises keep women from reporting genuinely heinous acts because we don't look bad enough. What a frakkin joke.

Sickmund Fruendberg

Anyone interested in the HIS side of the story or is this all about crucifying a male- good thing hes not in college his life would have been ruined - I SURE HOPE MELS SIDE IS COVERED IN THE PRESS- like I said this is the beginning of outing many of these Russian imports here to take full advantage of our anti male litigation system-Imagine Hollywood agents, lawyers, divorce lawyers SHOCKED AT CURSING AND ORDERING WOMEN around lol
BY THE WAY WHERE ARE THE GORE HEADLINES????? "TAKE CARE OF THIS" OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Diane

This baby photo gives BIG MEANING to what Mel said to her on the last tape "You call me a sinner!? You're a moving violation." It is beginning to look far more reasonable that a calm, calculating, deceitful person like her could drive someone like Mel to the level of anger that he expressed.

She is going to deserve everything she gets for all the humiliation and damage she has caused.

Paula Schultze

Sadly, can you imagine being their little baby daughter? When you grow up you are shown this photo of "your father's abuse" that was shown around the world. What a joke! I would be FURIOUS if my mother did this to me! Then, you get to hear these horrible tapes of your parents fighting! How despicable! Why didn't this woman take into consideration her children's future and how they might feel about all this trash? Do you really think MILLIONS will fix the emotional damage lady? Most people go to great lengths to protect their children from being used in this way.

Terry Joe

In having kept up on this story,my initial perspective on it was that Mel ' had really gone off the deep end ', however, in the back of my mind, I always sort of felt as though ' something very FISHY in regards to this ladies claims '.IF she has/did in fact try to extort money from mel in the manner that she did, I wouldn't blame him for going off on her. My thought now is all she's seing in Mel is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ! Shame on you OINKsana !!

BReasonable

It is incredible that there are people still claiming that Mel admitted to hitting her. At no point on the tapes does he actually say he hit her. She dubs in accusations and edits "you deserve it" and people call that an accusation? For all you know the original conversation went something like:

Oksana: I can't believe no one is buying my CD.
Mel: Well your singing sucks, you deserve it.

Alex

She is a professional whore, she was beaten by T. Dalton, by her sweden lover millioner. She is just doing what she did her life: extorting money.
Time to hit back, Mel! We all hate her.

Prancy

Why do people want to blame the victim? I think a raging, violent maniac is more dangerous than anything she is accused of doing. I hope they do look into the allegations. Once again Mel's side will look like fools because they are full of it. Even if she did try to sxhort. It dosen't change the fact he is a dangerous, out of control, jerk!

I'd love to see Mel at a deposition. What if a Jew was asking him questions? LOL. I hope they video tape it so we don't miss Mel's expressions and loud voice. LOL

dd

Another waste of Californians taxpayer dollars.

gutsygirl

How can it be extortion when they all met together with their lawyers, he made her an offer which she declined. I smell desperation emissions from Camp Gibson.

kickaboo

Hang her, that Jaffe person and RADAR ONLINE. All the news orgs that take the word of ROL should be put on notice and ashamed of themselves. They didn't bother to get both sides or presented false leaked, extorted evidence.

michael

nail that bitch :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D::D

Diane

It is about time one of these mainstream news programs takes a good look at this and reports fairly. I don't know if that will happen or not once a person is accused of abuse or child molestation, it is so distasteful even if it is a lie they don't want to touch it.

But in this case, how much more freaking obvious can it be that this was a scheme.

No wonder Mel was so over the top pi$$ed off and screaming like a wild bangee. It would try the patience of a saint.

BReasonable

it's extortion because she is using evidence (manufactured or otherwise) as a means to blackmail him for more money.

they had agreed to a separation agreement which she has since breached so that she can extort him for more.

Anon

Here it comes. This is when Mel will use his money to attack the victim. He will be allowed to threaten the life of a mother and her children but she will get the blame. He will be allowed to punch her in the mouth and call her twelve year old son names, but she will pay. It's OJ all over again.