Settlement Reached

In Jon & Kate Custody War

7/27/2010 7:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The epic child custody war between Jon and Kate Gosselin is finally over -- TMZ has learned the former reality couple has reached a settlement agreement ... but the terms are extremely confidential.

0726_jon_kate_gosselin_EX_getty
As we previously reported, Jon filed documents in a Pennsylvania court back in April asking for primary custody of their eight kids -- and demanded an opportunity to renegotiate his child support obligations.

But earlier this month, the two sides officially agreed on a new arrangement that involves both custody and financial obligations ... but the terms of the deal were sealed by the court.

A source close to the couple confirmed the deal -- telling us, "An official agreement between Jon and Kate has been reached and they will be working together for the benefit of their children."

Lawyers for both sides had no comment.

junebuggyz

Does anyone remember years ago when you could get a large Barbie-type head to play with it's hair and makeup?

Kate seriously reminds me of that toy. My brother took mine and used a permanent marker to deface her. :(

TheMachine1

I was hoping the government would take their kids away.

Phreaky

"...but the terms are extremely confidential."
TMZ, you forgot to add "until such a date that Kate determines it would be worth it to make a few bucks off the info, namely, by selling an interview to a magazine that will reveal the info, or writing a new book."
Nothing regarding thi$ woman'$ children is offlimit$ for the right price. $he will wh*re these kids until they are 25.

Stacy

It's obvious what she's done with money... He needs to try to become a spokesman for PROACTIV. That family's time has come & gone. There's even some new "realtity" show with a young couple with their litter of kids now. The Goselins can go away for good now. When they need more ca$h, one of them can create some sort of $candal.

Ginger

There's no reason for the government to take the kids away. There is no such thing as a perfect family. The only problem with the Gosselins is they sold themselves to TV for the money and I guess if I had 8 kids to raise, I'd do it too. I just hope Jon got a better deal - it's becoming obvious to everyone Kate is not as good a parent as Jon was and anyone who's watched the show knew that years ago. The kids and Jon will be okay - Kate will continue to whine and pout and think it's all about her.

kickaboo

Kate goes to different states to film her kids because she breaks PA child labor laws. She's like Oksana, a female sociopath.

Horndog

Our long national nightmare is finally over.

Granny

WHO THE F--- CARES!!

flowers

Agree with comments 3, 9, and 12.

crabbygirl81

@ Trish - OMG your comment about the pimples was hilarious! thank you for the morning laugh! :)

ManiacalZebra

They can't play all of this out in public, THEN seal it up. It's like ripping out the last page of a whodunnit.

Aja

OK HERE WE GO....I WATCHED EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OF JOHN AND KATE PLUS 8 WHEN THEY WERE TOGETHER AND TO BE HONEST WITH EVERYONE AND I DONT CARE WHO GETS MAD BUT KATE WAS A COMPLETE ITCH ALMOST ALL OF THE TIME AND I DONT BLAME JOHN FOR WANTING TO GET AWAY FROM HER... SHE CLAIMED IN ONE EPISODE THAT SHE DIDNT WANT TO BE A STATISTIC WELL GUESS WAT KATE ITS URE FAULT THAT U ARE BECAUSE U PUSHED URE HUSBAND AWAY U DUMMY...I THINK THE KIDS WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH THEIR DAD BECAUSE KATE CLAIMS THAT SHE WANTS TO BE ALL ABOUT HER KIDS BUT YET SHE'S BEEN ALL THROUGHOUT THE TV AND HAS GOTTEN HER HAIR DONE LIKE SERIOUSLY GET A FREAKIN LIFE KATE, I DONT LIKE U, NEVER HAVE LIKED U AND NEVER WILL LIKE U....

Andolini

Soo Fat-Boy went to court again....man what a disperate a--hole..squirt out some kids and he THINKS he owns them and their money sounds like Pimpin" to me..

PaMom

@junebuggyz.....I REMEMBER!!!!!! LMAO...I had the barbie head and loved it until I gave her one too many haircuts!

Marian

Now will they go away!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments