Mel Gibson, Oksana Grigorieva -- Package Deal

8/18/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the L.A. County District Attorney will treat the Mel Gibson domestic violence investigation and the Oksana Grigorieva extortion probe as a "package deal."

0726_mel_oksana_getty_ex
Our sources say the D.A. will make filing decisions on both investigations at the same time.  And, we've learned the L.A. County Sheriff's Department is still a ways away from sending the extortion case over to the D.A.

Bottom line -- don't expect to know whether Mel and Oksana will be prosecuted for a while.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

twitter.com/anthonyjetset

tmz needs to stop with mel and oksana already! haha your audience is getting bored..

Fidel's niece

...and that is why you are here posting?

***TEAM MEL***

Fidel's niece

HA, they need more time,there is a lot of evidence of extortion, the witch is going down!!

***TEAM MEL***

Friend?

Hope the judge sees through all the contradictions in the Russian woman´s story, I mean stories and tell her to get a job.
Why should she be rewarded for secretly recorded Mel not to mention that the tapes are out there on the Internet for everyone to listen to. She´s destroyed his career and reputation and for what? Her own greed if you ask me.

Demi

Package Deal? One caused the other. I'd say that is very possible. Great post TMZ.....we were wondering about the charges on this tonight.

Demi

Extortion case is being investigated by LA's Major Crime Bureau. Domestic Violence is in another area. To speculate, I'd say, Mel has the edge on the extortion case which explains a great deal about his behavior. Additionally, they don't delay long on Domestic Violence issues, IF they are real and the child is at the center of her "concerns as to custody".

igotfleasfromtmz

wow either they are going forward with both or not.
Can't wait to see this unravel

antbabs

WTH, gee, thanks for the update, hmm, LA County Sheriff Department "is still a ways away". I know what it means but holy crap (not that I am an English major) but ..... come on. Say that 10x fast.

Sammy

Ding dong the witch is...going down but in a different way this time. Remember how she melted in front of Dorothy? I want to see it, TMZ!

health

when did the meaning of "irreconcilable differences" change to "he knocked up some chick so we are calling it quits?" that's probably when the hostility began. oh, and when he lost his freaking mind. http://diethealth.weebly.com

Sammy

health,
you're on the wrong side if you want the most clicks.
Better luck next time spamming us with ads

Fidel's niece

They should prosecute her for extorting money from her first husband Oleg Baranov and his parents back in Saransk during her 3 month marriage!!!

In the interview with former mother in law Jeanne Mikhailovna in Russian "Life" she called Oksana "a crook and a beast"
"Oksana threw me and my son for money "

igotfleasfromtmz

anyone can list for me the mother and fathers name of Oksana?
Thanks I have a friend in Russia ready to do some research.

observer77

I don't believe MG's career will be affected by this AT ALL. The public WORLD WIDE loves Mel Gibson and his creations.

Jawshobia

Meanwhile, the people of California are afraid of gays getting married.

Hopefully it is good for Mel that the two issues are being looked at as a package deal, but more than half a hear has passed since the alleged events of January 6 and the phone recording extortion is still pretty fresh. Any way you slice it, Oksana looks fishy in both cases where neither her January complaint nor the recordings were brought to police except as a long delayed afterthought. Not much of an "I thought I wouldn't survive the night" argument. Between the two of these people, only one is a threat to society: Oksana. Who will be her next meal ticket if she wins? And what other movie star with quirky private moods or conditions will she humiliate next and whose fans will be robbed of upcoming movies?

I feel bad about Mel's car accident, but worse about the katty way it is reported by morons -- pretty much consistent with those jumping on the "Passion is anti-Semetic" bandwagon. It's a shame anyone can be a parent and anyone can play reporter.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments