It's All Good For Michael Jackson

8/19/2010 8:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson would be smiling today ... if circumstances were different, of course, because a judge just dismissed a $300 million lawsuit that had been filed against him.

0819_mj_allgood_EX_
A federal judge in New York just dismissed a lawsuit filed by AllGood Entertainment, claiming Michael had agreed through an agent to perform several Jackson family reunion concerts in Indiana before going on the road with any other show.

AllGood claimed ... by agreeing to do the London concerts, Jackson breached his agreement with AllGood.

The federal judge ruled today ... Jackson's agent -- Frank Dileo -- merely struck the deal with AllGood in principle, that couldn't become binding without the sign-offs of MJ and his brothers.  The judge also said the deal was just too sketchy to be enforceable.

The case had been partially dismissed last month.  Now it's officially history.

Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the Michael Jackson Estate, tells TMZ, "This case never had any merit and the claim was frivolous from day one."

UPDATE: A rep for AllGood tells us, "While we respect Judge Baer’s ruling, we respectfully disagree with his erroneous factual conclusions."

The rep adds, "We are looking into all of the remedies available to us under the law."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

K

Excellent

natasha

so it was all Frank's fault?

Tia

This is just another one of many things that make me happy. I just wish Michael was here to know this too. Love you MJ. See you on the other side! Your fans will never, ever forget you!

Nessie

Michael would have been happier if Katherine had taken action sooner:

elizabethvitale

Michale probably is smiling about this. I am a firm believer Michael is alive and well. :) ;)

kim

this is great news. glad to hear it.

rip mj - you are truly missed and will never be forgotten

maggie

sorry MJ fans. Michael is dean and I have the ghost story that will top Jermaines any time.

Della

Is that you the real elizabeth vale? Where have you been.

Kind of nice to see another lawsuit dismissed. Things have turned around. So many things that went wrong for Michael finally headed in the right direction.

maggie

I meant to say Michael is dead. Sorry, but I have a ghost story that is better than Jermaines.

elizabethvitale

Della Yes this is the real elizabeth vitale. How are you? I now see we have logins so a good change has come to TMZ. Yes good to read in the right direction. If everything went in the right direction we may all see Michael surface and smiling again. Wouldn't that be a pleasant joy?

kim

Posted at 4:55 PM on Aug 19, 2010 by Della

I agree Della.

Glenda in Texas

Look at my baby! I want to hug him. Love you, my sweetness!

elizabethvitale

Della go to my myspace profile and see who started this crap in the very beginning of Michael's single career. I lived that way back then. Don't know if I can link so just myspace and type elizabeth vitale

Lee lee

Thank heavens. Another Crazy claim dismissed. Amen

HumanNature

Hehehe!!!

Moonwalking across the computer screen!!!

LONG LIVE THE "KING"