Blue Power Ranger:

I Quit Show Over Gay Insults

8/26/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who played the Blue Ranger on the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" series has just revealed that he's gay -- and dropped a huge bombshell ... that he quit the show because he was harassed over his sexuality.

Blue Power Ranger Gay

Actor David Yost -- who played the B.R. from 1993 to 1996 -- just gave an interview to "No Pink Spandex" -- and explained, "I was called 'f*ggot' one too many times [by the show's] creators, producers, writers, directors."

Yost added, "I know that my co-stars were called in a couple of times to different producers' offices and questioned about my sexuality, which is kind of a humiliating experience to find that out."

Yost claims it got so bad on the show that he became "worried that I might take my own life."

Instead, Yost took a break from Hollywood ... and only recently decided to start acting again.

Calls to Saban Entertainment -- which produced Power Rangers -- have not been returned.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

geee I am so glad he is returning to acting..now my day is complete and I can die happily...good grief

mary

Well you know Blue Ranger homosexuality...is a sin is a sin is a sin.

Much more important than your whining about being harassed with gay (there is nothing "gay" about being a homosexual) insults.

Sinister

Its morphin time!!! hell yeah man power rangers that ****e was awesome amy jo johnson in that tight pink spandex suit Ohhh Mama!!!

Bob

If I was as blatant about my heterosexuality as gays are about their homosexuality I would probably be arrested. But for the gays it's okay and even encouraged. And yet they complain and wonder why people don't appreciate them?

Vince Robles

I grew up watching Power Rangers as a kid. Even though my favorite ranger was Tommy the Green Ranger, David Yost was one of the smartest rangers in the series and blue has always been one of the best colors for any Power Ranger to wear. Now personally, I don't care if someone is gay or not, as long as they are great acting whether in TV, Movies, etc, no one should be judged by who or what they are.

Erik

David is a great guy, and i wish none of that bad stuff had ever happened to him. So what if his gay, theres nothing wrong with that at all. Plus don't you people have anything nice to say, no ofcourse not you only like to act like idiots and bash on good people. You should all be ashamed of yourselves who made these horrible comments.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

Posted at 10:58 AM on Aug 26, 2010 by Vince Robles
and do please explain ranger boy why blue is the best color and what acting???? they all run around in gay looking suits beating up blue meanies..

ZeoSaturn

It just sickens me how utterly stupid some of the people here posting are.

Honestly, you're basically are scared of your own insecurities and fears so you have to say that it's "WRONG" for anyone to be different! That's what makes people people is their differences and quirks.

So what if David Yost is gay? He got on the show with his talents and you didn't! Deal with it!

No comment

I don't believe him... People embelish and no one cares about him unless he drops this bombshell. He is lying...for attention.

Anony Moose

*effeminate limp wrist and lisp* triceratopth

Lee

To comment 11. Not all Christians feel that way. No. 9 and 10 are ignorant are not in anyway examples of the Christan faith. Just because some claim that their religion gives them the authority to be judgmental and ignorant does not mean that they are a true representation of that faith. Judging someone on their sexuality os wrong. Regardless of the reason the actors left the show if the allegations are true it is awful. All I'm saying is don't lower yourself to others standards.

Hep

The performing arts have been accepting of different lifestyles for ages. The artists had to be careful about the public finding out about their sexuality, but, within their own ranks, everyone has always been pretty open and accepting.

And, for those who are talking about the nineties as being back before homosexuality was acceptable.....the nineties was just, like, yesterday!

Mista Celebrity

Oh please, suck it up and put your big boy panties on, Nancy. People are getting just a bit too sensitive. Gay is not a civil right it is a preference! Is he looking for money or another job or what? I thought the Power Rangers faded out long ago. Get a real job. You don't have the looks to be a legitimate actor. Check Disney, maybe they need someone to wear the Minnie Mouse costume.

jaye

When is this news; he just wants to get publicity because he 'recently' started acting again. He wants to pity job or the 'I can relate to that' job. He probably wasn't in the biz because no one wanted him. He needs a reality check, this is HOLLYWOOD. Most of the people who claim they're for Gay rights are only giving lip service to it in public. In private, it a whole other world. That's life.
It was childish for them to call him names, but it should not be a surprise to anyone. He's not going to NAME anyone, he doesn't have the guts and he's not going to throw away what little chance he has of doing anything significant in Hollywood. Although they may pat him on the back publicly, they will black-listed privately.

RangerFan

To bad he feels that way. He also was supposed to attend the Power Ranger show in Pasadena this weekend and cancelled. I wonder if is because of this interview?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments