Blue Power Ranger:

I Quit Show Over Gay Insults

8/26/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who played the Blue Ranger on the "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" series has just revealed that he's gay -- and dropped a huge bombshell ... that he quit the show because he was harassed over his sexuality.

Blue Power Ranger Gay

Actor David Yost -- who played the B.R. from 1993 to 1996 -- just gave an interview to "No Pink Spandex" -- and explained, "I was called 'f*ggot' one too many times [by the show's] creators, producers, writers, directors."

Yost added, "I know that my co-stars were called in a couple of times to different producers' offices and questioned about my sexuality, which is kind of a humiliating experience to find that out."

Yost claims it got so bad on the show that he became "worried that I might take my own life."

Instead, Yost took a break from Hollywood ... and only recently decided to start acting again.

Calls to Saban Entertainment -- which produced Power Rangers -- have not been returned.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Madcattv2

WOW!!!...who cares?

Ross

Kill yourself.

John

David Yost's PR people are using "gayness" as a way to get his name out there. Cheap shot, David. I mean if there was a real story but this is just desparate crap...

dsjj251

apparently you do Madcattv2, since you are on the article.

illahrae30

It's not right. I hope he at leasts lists the names of the producers in question, because I think the public ought to know. And I think those producers should issue a public apology.

CLARISSA

Really...to the people who say he wore a blue spandex suit & were suprised he was gay...what about Superman, Spiderman, Captain America?? The all wore tight little suits too. Hell, Superman wore tights...WOW! Thats not the least bit gay huh?? I am so not againest gays/lesbians. But to say "your not surprised" that hes gay you should think about that he was acting in a show that is for children who dont know or dont care if your gay straight or whatever they enjoyed the show. Thank you David for being able to tell people your story!

pablo

es increible que sean tan retrogrados algunas personas que escribieron aca! jajajaj me da gracia las pelotudeces que dicen. son personas totalmente tristes de alma!

Fatso Collapso

Some of you need to learn what the term "privilege" means.

To abridge it, in this context it means you're a bunch of male white heterosexuals and you can't fathom or be bothered to fathom why stuff like this has a severe impact on someone's life. Trying to justify your bigotry just makes you look like more of a backwards redneck.

Social darwinism is going to win in the end so all you're doing by fighting it so tenaciously is make yourself look like the mindless sheep you are and politing the other sheep with your filth. Please let nature take it's course by crawling into the gutter and dying. Thanks.

Fatso Collapso

*poluting

John

@david. Were in this article does it say anybody on that set was a Christan. There's homophobic people in every group. I'm a Christan and I love every-body. God loves every-body.

Celes

LOL wow the people in the comments section of TMZ never cease to amaze me with their bigotry and homophobia.

I also have to lol at all the people quoting 'God' and calling themselves 'Christians'. I thought 'Christians' were supposed to be 'loving' and 'kind'?

FAIL.

ADAMantium

He tried to get over his homosexuality...that's how much he must have despised the thought of being gay. I have no problem with sexuality, and if he was being harassed, he had every right to leave.

Justin Man

We still love you David. f*** all that noise, you did what you had to do brotha.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6