Kanye Goes on

Twitter Rampage,

Seeks Forgiveness

9/4/2010 3:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just a few days shy of the one-year anniversary of his infamous Taylor Swift-interrupting rant, Kanye West decided to complete the Twitter step of his 12-step forgiveness recovery plan ... by unleashing a flurry of tweets to express forgiveness, regret and nearly every emotion in between.

0904-kanye-west-twitter
Kanye posted nearly 100 tweets in a little over two hours. It started innocently enough with: "Man I love Twitter... I've always been at the mercy of the press but no more...  The media tried to demonize me."

Then it moved on to: "Remember in Anchor Man when Ron Burgandy cursed on air and the entire city turned on him? But this wasn't a joke. This was & is my real life."

And: "People tweeted that they wish I was dead... No listen.  They wanted me to die people. I carry that. I smile and take pictures through that."

Then he finally brought up Taylor: "I wrote a song for Taylor Swift that's so beautiful and I want her to have it. If she won't take it then I'll perform it for her."

Later: "When I woke up from the crazy nightmare I looked in the mirror and said GROW UP KANYE ... I take the responsibility for my actions ... I am not a bad person. Even in that moment I was only trying to do good but people don't always need my help ... Beyonce didn't need that. MTV didn't need that and Taylor and her family friends and fans definitely  didn't want or need that."

After several more it ended with, "I'm sorry Taylor."

Kanye has gone Twitter silent since then.

Sabrinaset

My take on this is that the media didn't "demonize" him, they were simply laughing at him. I mean sure, we've all made mistakes, but he's made them over and over and over again, and at some point, you just stop emotionally investing in someone and move on. I suspect West has realized too many people have done this with him.

Now okay, I'm sure he's telling the truth when he says a few people have wished him dead, and yeah, that's going way over the line. On the other hand you have some posting here that ... the way I take it, anyone who just wishes he would go away is a hater. That's making your guy out to be more of a victim than he really is. Most people don't hate Kanye, that would be taking too much energy on someone who just doesn't matter. The truth is more like most don't care about him anymore, and really, why should they? He's only going to screw up again, and next time he'll probably make an even bigger fool of himself, leading the few fans he has left to walk around with paper bags on their heads. As for me, I don't hate him, it's more like I swing between laughing at him, feeling pity for him, and (mostly) not caring about him.

Some posters have tried to bring race into this. I'm sorry, but with his repeated actions, Kanye has proven he'd be a jerk at any color. Tom Cruise has done just as many stupid things, and he looks to be in the same boat as well. Idiocy is color-blind.

I will "defend" West on this one point though: His spelling skills. Guys, we've all made typos. Personally, as long as I can understand the point he's making, I can deal with it. Although it can be fun to make fun of his (lack of) ability to write, I think arguing about whether he's sincere or not is a better tack to take than arguing about his grammar.

BigmoneyBleezy

Seriously, no one cares that much.

Also this dude seriously must have some psychological issues.

Deedee

Shut up Kanye.

Rita305

has anyone checked for a pulse??

marcia

Jay:

Good post! That ought to just about sum it up for everybody. And if people don't agree with what you said then they are just being stupid and stubborn. And thanks for reminding me, I had actually forgotten that Kanye was behind the scenes for years producing hit records before he actually took the mic.

kati

Let it go people...at least Kanye doesn't beat women, ala Chris Brown.

Shawn

Might be a good idea to be able to form a sentence when asking for forgiveness. He is and always will be douche #1.

sick to my stomach

This moron never stops being a jack a$$! Poor me, everybody is mean to me, I lost my concert , I lost my clothing line, everybody wants me dead, the media is all the bad guy cause they say i am a monster .. I didn't mean to do anything wrong. (Like you would remember what the devil you did as much as you were drinking that night). Poor poor poor little me.. OH DID I TELL YOU HOW SORRY I WAS FOR THE TAYLOR THING? I am really suffering .. did I tell you how sorry I was? I am not on everybodys a list...did I tell you how sorry I was. NOW WILL YOU BUY MY RECORD? I am really really sorry Now will you buy my record. YES kanye WE ALL KNOW HOW SORRY YOU ARE ~ WE WATCHED THE SHOW AND YOU ARE SERIOUSLY A SORRY POS. NOW GO AWAY!

Get a Nose Job, please!!!

Go away, Kayne. You are a stupid Idiot !!!

d

he's an idiot

Meg

Maybe someone should spend more time learning how to spell, than begging for forgiveness. I'm not anti-Kanye for what he did to Taylor Swift, although it was rude and inappropriate. I'm disgusted with Kanye for teaching his followers improper English. Grow a brain, then maybe you'll get a little more respect.

cocoapuff

Kanye u are really hot so stay strong honey!

kanyefan

everyone here is so fckin retarded, he stated his opinion and thats that, if it was Zac Efron or some other fgt people would be forgiving him, i think its the people here that are racist, kanye changed a whole genre of music, has more awards than any of you can dream of and makes more money than you, and if anything he boosted this littles bitches career. kanye=best rapper alive.

Sheiv

It's unfortunate what happened, but other celebrities have done worse!
He's sorry and let it go, imagine some stuff that we've done being played by the media 24/7.
He makes great music!

Alan Carver

What gets me is the Douche-Bag thinks that just because he is 'twittering' and can use that as a medium to get across his thoughts to people 'quicker' it doesn't change the facts of what he has done, in the past. Fortunately, in life we all deserve a second chance, but isn't this like his third or fourth chance he has been given. I do not feel one bit sorry for him. He is trying to manipulate the people through his twitters and while that is all fine and dandy, it will be another award show where he does something completely stupid and says something that will piss people off again, or do some stupid antic at the award show and or just be a douche-bag all over again. I do not understand why people think that just because you can twitter your life away, you deserve to be forgiven. Well we all do, but your continual screw-ups Kanye, over and under! Once a douche-bag, always a douche-bag! You'll never change . . .