« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tom Brady 'Shaken' in Car Crash

9/9/2010 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was involved in a car accident this morning in Boston ...  and one person was extricated from a vehicle with the help of the jaws of life.

Tom Brady Car Accident
Brady was reportedly "shaken" by the crash -- but a source has told ESPN that he did not go the hospital. Brady is now en route to Gillette Stadium -- home of the Pats.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... one passenger in the other car is at the hospital and being treated for "serious injuries." We're told the driver of the other car was "fine."

A law enforcement source tells TMZ ... based on the preliminary investigation ... it appears Tom Brady was not at fault -- that he had the green light.

Thanks to My FOX Boston for the pictures.

UPDATE:  The driver of the other car was ticketed for running a red light.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Danesy

I want a picture of the ******* that ran the light. Let me see the douche that thinks his time is worth more than someone's life. *******!!!

Posted at 6:56 AM on Sep 9, 2010 by whatever
-------------------------

EXACTLY!!! My sister's car was totaled by some moron that was rushing to get wherever, tried to beat the light, didn't stop and slammed right into her. Wherever you're going, they will understand if you're late. Dumb a s s !!!!!

christy

I'm sorry to hear about it and wish them the best, BUT -TMZ
I hate it when you don't have any oxy/ Mel stories for me
to waste my work day on! The commentors (sp?) on those
stories are unreal! Come on, TMZ, any goofy headline will do!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

They just announced Tom Brady died at the scene

Actressgirl

Why does one pic look like a wrecked AUDI and the other a wrecked MERCEDES?

snowcat

I believe the jaws of life was used to extract the passenger in the second vehicle.When they loading Brady's car on to the tow truck,there was front end damage and no signs his car was cut open.

The minivan that ran the red light was hit broadside by Brady and the passenger had to be extracted from the back seat.

SoxFan

his car was towed but NOT the car that had the jaws of life used on it... that was on the other minivan involved. He continued on his way to Gilette Stadium and only went to the hospital afterwards to get checked out (just in case). I'm sure he will be fine. They are just taking precautions.

joana

hahah i hope you dont say reliable resources since i saw people on facebook telling you about it before you posted this :)

Connie

My son is a tough football player too (defensive and offensive line) and was in a car accident last year. His doctor cleared him to play in the game that same night as my son felt fine, but the soreness and pain was felt the next day and lasted for about a week. No one is invincible. Tom Brady will feel the soreness later. He needs to take care of himself even if it means he is too sore to play on Sunday. There will be other football games.

stumpy

To many idiot children driving
every day you see people turning without blinkers
running lights cutting other cars off its a wonder there aren't
more accidents

THE SUPER

That s8 rocks 0-60...5s super fast sounds great

aquanet

Midnight Toker is a jackass.

Sorry to hear about the accident, but nice to read a story about a pro althlete that doesn't involve sexual harrassment, rape, tax issues, club shooting, drug charges, or drunk driving.

aquanet

Midnight Toker is a jackass.

Danesy

Midnight Toker is a jackass
Posted at 7:45 AM on Sep 9, 2010 by aquanet
--------------------------

I concur. Thank you. :)

Tracey

I love Boston, Bill, Brady, the Pats, but you guys are cracking me up with the comments!!!

Danesy

Just to let you all know how insane this is... I'm listening to Dale & Holley... All the Boston news stations have helicopters hovering over the Pats practice facility HOPING for a shot of Brady. INSANE!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments