'Big Brother' Star's

House Burns Down

9/15/2010 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

She just got burned inside the "Big Brother" house -- but this morning, the Arkansas home where contestant Britney Haynes was set to return to after tonight's finale was heavily damaged in a fire.

0915-britney-haynes-bn-facebook
According to the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, Haynes' home caught fire early this morning while her fiance was still in the home ... though he managed to escape the blaze without injury.

Even though Britney was eliminated from the BB house last week -- she's still sequestered in the "Jury House" and cut off from the outside world -- until the season finale concludes tonight.

The cause of the blaze is still under investigation -- but officials claim the cause doesn't appear to be suspicious and believe it may have originated from a grill at the home.

jeannie

Laura Grisham said her son, Nick Grisham, was awakened by the blaze at the home . Dani, that was written in the newspaper article

Gin

Since there is confusion because of what is being reported in the articles, this is the statement Britney's fiance wrote that was on a BB website

The fire started at around 1:30 am CST and I awoke at around 2 am to the crackling sound (which I thought was hail). I went back to bed for a few minutes and heard a window break. At this time, I knew something was wrong. I walked in the hallway and saw the flames and smoke coming from the bathroom window. I then ran and grabbed my bags that I had packed for today's trip to LA and headed outside. Both dogs were still inside at the time. I found Molly (Brit's dog) first and through her in the front yard. There were several people outside at the time yelling at me to not go back inside. I then went back in to find Porter and at this time, the dark smoke was about head high. After about 3 minutes of searching with a flashlight, I found Porter hid in a corner behind a chair. We all made it out okay fortunately.

After about an hours worth of extinguishing, everything was under control and the damage was done. I was then allowed to go inside to check out the damage. The screened in porch on the back of the house was completely gone, one of the back bedrooms was completely black with fire and smoke damage, and the bathroom and other bedroom were damaged pretty badly as well. The entire attic was on fire as well. With it being an old house, it was not very "fire friendly".

I then spent the next 4 hours with my parents and my best friends getting our belongings that were salvageable out of the house. Most everything was drenched in water. Britney's dad and step-mom also made the 3 hour drive down to help with this tragedy which was very thoughtful. After a final inspection, I'd say that about 50% of our belongings were lost.

I now know that belongings that may have been lost are no where near as important as a life or the life of a pet. Things can be replaced, lives cannot. I was told multiple times that I was very lucky to make it out okay since the fire was so strong and that I was alseep at the time. Also, the smoke detector did not ever go off. Good thing I changed the batteries in that thing a couple weeks back, eh?

I am still planning on flying out to LA today at Noon. I will be low on energy and emotionally drained, but it something I cannot miss. I have the support of Britney's parents and my family to go on and that things will be taken care of when I return. We are blessed to have such supportive friends and famiily.

Please just continue to keep us in your prayers. Things happen for a reason and I know that only good will come out of this mess. I am going to do my best to go enjoy my time in LA and San Diego with my Brit now!

Thanks again all.

Nick

Gin

Thanks again all.

Nick

BetBet

TMZ --- c'mon guys, you left out the ever important DOG angle. They had two little doggies which are safe. TMZ not reporting on the status of some dogs? Slackers!

Teresa

Whether they are or are not together is not the important thing at hand. The important thing is no one was hurt nor were the animals. Come on people, I didn't like Rachel on the show (and let's remember it is a SHOW) but I wouldn't want to see her house burn down.

azlee

thanks Gin, I was going to go look for the article, since it was already determined this is the real nick.

Carvey

I suspect Rachel is behind the fire. Did she sneak out of the jury house?

I didn't like Britney at first, but I eventually ended up rooting for her to win. Too bad she got evicted. Always thought she was a cutie though, even when I didn't like her.

go home!

Wait, does that mean he wasn't going to be at the finale? Glad Nick is okay, so sad about the house. But they've got each other, they will be okay.

karen

Brittney, you played hard girl, sorry to hear the sad news.

#13, i know, you think i'd be use to it, but why all the haters on tmz page, i'm a fan, but i feel like our fellow fans just hate. makes me sad.

Carvey

I hope America voted Britney as America's favorite player so she at least get's the $25k to help replace her stuff. I'd suggest we TMZers pack the voting box (so to speak) but unfortunately voting already ended.

go home!

Dani- God, you are really an ignorant idiot. Shut your ugly mouth about people you know nothing about. You are probably one of those pathetic feed watchers that dreamed & had fantasies about Britney & Lane getting together. They were buddies and like brother and sister and Brittany made that clear all season. There was nothing romantic about their relationship in the slightest. I guess people like you that sit their fat ass on the couch all day eating oreos have nothing better to do than spout mean words and make sh*t up, so try getting a life and stay out of Nick and Brittany's.

Brittney

Nick was getting ready to leave for the airport when the fire happened. He's a great guy!! For all of you who have dogged him, you should be slapped. He was leaving early this morning, suitcase was already in the car. Don't forget that we are a couple of hours behind here and the flight is only 4 hours, so, #7... yes, she still has a fiance, he is on his way to LA right now.

Good luck Nick and Britt!! Love you guys!!!
I hope she wins America's Favorite!! She deserves it!! She kept us entertained all summer!!!!

john

I think Lane had something to do with it,he likes her big time.

rokadeshiva

big brother stars how

My2Cents

FYI - HE IS MEETING HER AFTER THE HOW BECAUSE NO ON IS ALLOWED TO SEE THE HOUSEGUESTS BEFORE THE SHOW. Some of you want this to be hateful so bad.