Chris Rock, Jon Stewart

Attend Wake for

Greg Giraldo

10/5/2010 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Greg Giraldo was just laid to rest in a private family ceremony in The Hamptons ... but last night, tons of Giraldo's famous friends -- including Jon Stewart and Chris Rock -- gathered for a wake in his honor.

1005_greg_TMZ_EX_01

Among the famous comics who paid their respects at Giraldo's wake -- Sarah Silverman, Jeff Ross, Bobby Kelly, Jim Norton and Colin Quinn.

And, despite the presence of so many comics -- it wasn't jokey at all  ... the mood was described as "very sad and emotional."

We're also told Colin Quinn delivered a very heartfelt speech about his friend.

As we previously reported, Greg passed away last week at the age of 44. Several of the comic's close friends have set up a fund to support and educate his three young sons.

RIP Greg Giraldo.

Sin D

Sad story. Hope his family will be OK.

dd

And this is why Gottfrieds joke wasn't funny to me at all.

happy

I watched the Last Comic Standing for the first time this season and never would have guessed that this man would be dead in a matter of weeks. So sad. R.I.P.

Vote NO Meg Whitman

Wait a second. He was buried in the HAMPTONS but they want us to donate for his kids education??

First off the kids will be entitled to Social Security money right away that can be put away for college. These SS checks will also continue as long as the kids stay in school.

I guess his so called comic friends can't cover any education expenses between all of them.

Perhaps Giraldo should have been putting money away for his kids education instead of feeding his drug habit. Typical loser.

Jay

This is so sad. Every comedy central roast he ever did was hilarious. He was such a good comedian and this is such a shame, especially since he had three young children.

Anyone who has nasty comments to make please keep them to your disgusting self. A father and husband is dead there is no need for a complete stranger to come onto a message board and make insults at a time like this

cv

Jon Stewart? You have got to be joking his show is good for maybe two jokes a night.

Kevin

OH I DON'T THINK SO.....

I make 30K a year, and WISH I had the LIFE this MOFO had....
Money, Fame, glamorous people all around me all the time...Now because he couldn't put the Pill bottle down, I'm Supposed to give one penny of my HARD EARNED money to support HIS BRATS?!?!?!?!
UH UHHHHH.....

Maybe this will teach them NOT to grow up and be little Lindsay Lohans or Paris Hilton with "DADDY'S MONEY" to feed their drug addictions!

YouDontSay

If you are going to post negative hateful words on a story about someone passing on, you have not opened yourself to what your gift in life is.

Big D

Who the f*ck is Greg Geraldo? I've never heard of the guy Comedians are douche bags anyways. Next story please.

Seriously

Any video of who attended the wake???? i mean tmz is supposed to be EVERYWHERE!!!!

R.I.P. Greg

bring back recent posts

not that it matters, but are they still callin this senseless death a accidental overdose?....wish people would stay clear of friggen narcotics, ur gonna die or end up in jail if u depend on them , ur body isn't made for them longterm.

BJL411

When are we as a nation going to stop putting people on a pedestal who die from an O.D.?

I care about this guy about as much as I care about Michael Jackson... NOT AT ALL.

Duh

Dude -- comedians are not Hollywood celebrities living high on the hog. They are constantly touring the country playing anywhere they can for like $20/head. And while I'm sure (or at least hope) that he had life insurance and Social Security will provide for his children until they're 18 -- that doesn't do anything to cover the cost of education beyond high school, as I unfortunately know first-hand.

As far as all the "junkie-loser" commenters go -- I hope you never have to lose a family member or close friend to drug addiction. Maybe when you do you'll have a little compassion.

ScroogeMcDuck

Who the **** is Greg Giraldo?

dick

I just saw him in Denver a couple of weeks ago. TMZ WTF-no video exploit young kids in trouble. MJ you were all over that crap. Anna Nicole all over. if you could get a picture and post a dead body you would. I trust you to get me trhings that no respectable reeporting agency would. Now I want a picture of GREGS DEAD BODY NOW!!! give money - his show was not free.

GREG GIR%ALDO DEAD NOW THAT'S FUNNY ! HAHAHHA oh ande I hope for pictures of Harveys dead body too when the time comes, that will be great news. lots of paps at your door and family hahhaha

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments