'Sister Wives' Polygamist Husband -- 4 Dates in 2 Days

10/5/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kody Brown -- the head of the polygamist family on "Sister Wives" -- had a busy 48 hours ... going out on a date with each one of his 3 wives ... and the new fiancee ... while finding enough time to clean up after his 13 kids.

0921_media_removed_michael_jackson2
It started on Saturday, when Kody took wife #3, Christine, on an ice cream date.

The next day, Kody grabbed his motorcycle and went for a ride with wife #1, Meri ... before squeezing in some quality time with wife #2 Janelle (the one in the purple).

The new woman in Kody's life -- Robyn -- also got some face time with her man this weekend .... during a his-and-hers grocery store run in which the couple picked up an 8 pack of paper towels ... which will probably last about 10 minutes.

FYI -- authorities in Lehi, Utah have announced they launched a polygamy investigation into the family after seeing "Sister Wives" .... but the Browns claim the show is "worth the risk.".

Elroy

This is just a manipulative, married man with a wife with such low self esteem that she lets him get away with having 3 stupid and equally insecure, girlfriends and a bunch of bastards. If he was black and from Detroit (or white and from Alabama) he'd be on Jerry Springer!

I'm just sayin'!

Lynn M

Polygamy may be against the law (only because the State of Utah was forced to make it illegal in order to become a state) but living together without the benefit of marriage is not. There'd be a lot of people in jail in Hollywood were that the case.

They could be tripped up by the common law mariage laws in Utah.

Slippery slope when you say that what consenting adults do is no ones business and they have a right to have the relationships they choose, as long as they are at the age of consent. If the gay marriage issue wins at the Supreme Court level, look out. Marriage as we know it will be a thing of the past. Not a judgement but you can't have it both ways. Either people have the right to chose the relationships that make them happy or they don't.

In my experience, most LDS Mormons do not condone the polygamists in their mist. They tolerate it. Live and let live. It is grounds for excommunication for a member the LDS church to be in a polygamous (or multi-woman) relationship.

Amy

I'm all for letting people be who they want and allowing them to live however they want...but I just can't wrap my head around polygamy! I can maybe understand the extra help part..but there is no way that I could share my husband....I think that they all have to be a little off....just my opinion.

Lynn M

Polygamy IS illegal for those who don't know... even in Utah. it's also cowardly. Some dude doesn't have the balls to say no to marriage so he can be with whoever he wants whenever he wants, and women have too low self-esteem to say they deserve to be loved so deeply that they're the one and only so they'll settle for anything.

Few true polygamists do it for religious purposes. they may claim it... but it's mostly about using religion to hide sexual deviance.

Posted at 1:07 PM on Oct 5, 2010 by Mayu

I suppose you speak from personal experience, with all the polygamists you've known? Do you realize how pompous and bigoted your statement is? Many of those practicing in this day and age were raised that way, ie., multiple wives are NORMAL relationships. Just because you were raised to believe that your "value" is wrapped up in "owning" one man, you believe that should be the way everyone believes.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with polygamy. I'm just saying you can't have things both ways. Either there are legal boundaries in personal relationships or there are not.

Society is simply a system of values. The battle at hand is whose values do we wish to live with in the US? No easy answers.

darren harris

i think it is funny all these people downing this family need to check there self at the door. He does more with his wives than most me do with 1.and they support them selfs they do not use tax payers money there again KNOW YOUR FACTS. Why is it ok for hugh hef to have 3 gf's but as soon as a guy marrys and have more than one it is wrong hmmmm double standards

Lynn

I want to know what he does for a living. They all have nice cars, a huge house, and a motorcycle. And he supports 13 kids?? WTH??

Lynn M

Posted at 1:25 PM on Oct 5, 2010 by Amy

I understand your dilema. I appreciate your honesty. I don't think I could share mine either and he has made it clear he'd have no desire to live that way. I just think that it is two-faced of some people to say gay marriage is OK but polygamy is not. It fully expect these issues to hit the Supreme Court one day.

Matticus

These guys are nasty!! They give Utah such a bad image. Honestly, Utah isn't that bad! We're not all a bunch of inbred polygamists out here.

anonymous

This family is pathetic. Fine they are consenting adults. But seriously? This is why I stopped watching TLC years ago.

Elizabeth

Please read "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Kraukauer. It is an interesting - factual - book about how pologamy came about in the Mormon faith. The TLC show presents pologamy pretty mainstream and sidesteps reality. Multiple wives with 15+ children -- how are they supported? Try state assistance - and a lot of it. Pologomy is octomom on steriods.

noneofyourbusiness

I'm sorry, the day I allow another woman to touch my husband is the day she put a bullet in my head. This is disgusting!

spinner25

HA! Like he cleans anything.

Why do you think he wants 4 wives? So he doesn't have to lift a finger in the home.

spinner25

People who think they're on "Welfare" obviously dont know how the "Welfare" system works.

You have to provide information on who you live with and how/who pays the bills.

There is no way they would be approved for assistance.

jwoolman

I don't see the legal problem if he only legally married one of them and nobody's engaging in fraud for government programs (i.e., nobody's claiming lack of resources as single moms). Nobody goes after Hef for supporting multiple lovers in the same house, even while he was still officially married to someone else. Same thing here, except it's a permanent family relationship. People have the right to commit to each other without the blessing of the state. The one tricky part might be when next-of-kin type decisions are to be made for medical reasons, but there are ways to deal with that. Gay partners have had to do it when their marriages aren't recognized by the state.

These are the wrong people to go after about such things, there is no evidence of coercion or abuse as does indeed happen under other cir***stances. But coercion and abuse can (and does) happen with just two married people, too. There is no evidence of public assistance fraud, either.

It's certainly a financially more sensible setup than many men on these pages have, trying to support several different mothers of their many children in different houses .... My gosh, in addition to the obvious economies in a combined household - think of the savings in just childcare alone! Many women especially find that their outside paying jobs hardly bring in anything per hour after childcare is subtracted.

Matticus