NeNe Leakes

The Makeup of a Diva on 'Apprentice'

10/20/2010 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Sources close to NeNe tell us ... the reality star is adamantly denying that she had a "tantrum" ... explaining that the makeup artist simply wasn't experienced with African-American hair and makeup. We're told NeNe insists that she thanked the makeup artist for her efforts, but she ultimately decided to do her makeup herself.

The new cast of "Celebrity Apprentice" has only been together for 9 days -- but a diva has already emerged ... and sources tell TMZ, it's NeNe Leakes from "The Real Housewives of Atlanta."

1020_nene_leakes_EX_Getty_01
According to our spies -- NeNe has already earned a reputation for being the "difficult one" ... after an incident over her makeup this weekend.

We're told NeNe threw a tantrum because she hated the way her makeup artists dolled her up for the opening interviews -- so the "Housewives" star made them start over ... but she still wasn't satisfied.

After two makeovers, NeNe ultimately called the makeup crew off -- grabbed some tools and did the whole thing by herself.

Wonder if David Cassidy is having the same problem.

jcskya

#26 is right on.....hahahahaha

lola

OK, I've been in the beauty business for 10 plus years and I have worked with all different skin tones-male and female.The Pat Mcgrath's, the Gucci Westman's, and the Kevin Aucoin's of the world have proven that an artist can do anyone-DO YOUR RESEARCH. I doubt that shows like CA hire untalented artists-Nene is a "reality star" with no class and funny how there are no reports of the real "Divas" of the show complaining about their makeup....hmmmmm, 15 mins of fame is almost up DARLING!

L.Boyd

It's True. Caucasuion makeup artist aren't experienced with African American hair or makeup. It's not an insult it's just the truth. Paul Mitchell doesn't even teach in it's cosmetology course how to perm african american hair. I highly doubt NeNe's complaints we're unjust!

CarolO

I like NeNe. If someone was doing her makeup not up to what she wanted, she had the right to dump them. What's the problem with that?

Gwendolyn

What is The Donald doing by having this trashy nene on this show?she is everything that is wrong with society today. she is a bully, loud mouth, ignorant, moose like,no real talent , wig wearing,low class, and just plain ugly. Not only is she ugly on the outside, but very mean spirited on the inside. I won't watch just because she is on. Enough already... There were other good Black women The Donald should have chosen. Shame on The Donald .

BURRES48

I WISH NENE LEAKS HAD SOMEONE TO COMPETE WITH, SUCH AS TIFFANY FROM I LOVE NEWYORK FAME. STAR IS HUMBLED BY THE LOST OF HER HUSBAND AND TELEVISION SHOW. BABARBA WALTER TOOK THE AIR OUT OF HER SAILS YEARS AGO. SHE NOT A REAL _ITCH ANYMORE. LATOYA JACKSON IS A PAMPER PRINCESS AND HAS NEVER HAD TO FIGHT FOR ANYTHING IN HER LIFE SHE’S JUST EYE CANDY, DIONNE WARWICK IS A SWEET, OLD LADY!! I ASSUME FINALLY SOMEONE WOULD SHUT NENE UP. I THOUGHT THE ATTORNEY PHADRA COULD TAKE DOWN NENE ON THE REUNION SHOW BUT SHE SHUT THE ATTORNEY UP!!

SHEILA JOHNSON

SHEILA JOHNSON

I WISH NENE LEAKS HAD SOMEONE TO COMPETE WITH, SUCH AS TIFFANY FROM I LOVE NEWYORK FAME. STAR IS HUMBLED BY THE LOST OF HER HUSBAND AND TELEVISION SHOW. BABARBA WALTER TOOK THE AIR OUT OF HER SAILS YEARS AGO. SHE NOT A REAL _ITCH ANYMORE. LATOYA JACKSON IS A PAMPER PRINCESS AND HAS NEVER HAD TO FIGHT FOR ANYTHING IN HER LIFE SHE’S JUST EYE CANDY, DIONNE WARWICK IS A SWEET, OLD LADY!! I ASSUME FINALLY SOMEONE WOULD SHUT NENE UP. I THOUGHT THE ATTORNEY PHADRA COULD TAKE DOWN NENE ON THE REUNION SHOW. BUT, SHE SHUT THE ATTORNEY UP!!

simona flenoy

NENE im sure you no by now that there are certain people that don't wont you to make it. these are the ones thats calling you names and cant appreciate your personality.I pray you make it sister but i also hope that you get your happy back because you have been hell on wheels lately.Before you had the surgery you were already beautiful. afterwards it made you more confident and thats OK. theres nothing wrong with that.But you should stop fighting with Kim so much.that truly could've been avoided and then you would have look more professional and lady like.sis do your thing were proud but represent us well.

Babs

This person Nene has NCAA - No class at all.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3