Oksana to Sheriff: Lay Off My Stuff!

10/20/2010 10:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva wants to block the L.A. County Sheriff from searching her computer in a much bigger way that we were first told ... based on new documents obtained by TMZ.

1020_oksana_mel_EX_getty_2

Oksana's lawyer, Daniel Horowitz, is vehemently objecting to the search warrant Judge Scott Gordon issued, allowing Sheriff's investigators to search Oksana's computer for evidence of extortion.

In the docs, Horowitz wants to limit the search to audio recordings of Mel Gibson, photos of Oksana's facial injuries, emails and text messages between Oksana and Mel. Horowitz is objecting to various other communications between Oksana and her lawyers as well as others that Mel's side believes constitutes extortion.

Horowitz rails on the extortion investigation, calling it "false."  The core of the allegation is that Oksana tried extorting Mel out of $15 million during their mediation in May, in return for keeping the explosive audiotapes secret.

Horowitz says the real value of Oksana's deal was only between $1 and $2 million, and "It is not a process of extortion but simply discussion and mild negotiation."

As for Oksana putting the squeeze on Mel for money, Horowitz says, "These are communications between Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva that are rather normal, civilized and reflect discussions between adults who are genuinely attempting to provide for the financial welfare of their child."

Horowitz says the Sheriff's Department has no business looking at pics of Oksana breast feeding Lucia.  Likewise, he doesn't think investigators should be privy to Oksana's musical works in progress.

And Horowitz claims Mel deceived Oksana back in December, when she signed an agreement basically agreeing to get nothing if they broke up.  Horowitz says Mel strong-armed Oksana, telling her not to let "this shi**y agreement be a stumbling block."

Horowitz, who says his client is a "Russian born, Ukraine raised person" was just following what her experienced lawyers said she should do and "could not be expected to know the technicalities of the law."

Horowitz will appear in court tomorrow ... facing off against the L.A. County Sheriff's Department ... asking the judge to dramatically limit the search of the computer in the extortion investigation.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

kpacota

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dang. I know we ask a lot of our boys in blue, risking their lives and such... but this is pushing them way too far.

Do they get hazardous duty pay for this?

Since Mel probably paid for the internet, can they look into all incoming and outgoing emails on HIS internet server HE paid for in that house?

Trainwrecks

so if you have nothing to hide, why block the courts?

a person out for the best interest of her child to prove that you have faced numerous counts of abuse and no extortion was involved would voluntarily turn over the computer.

your guilt is controlling your actions. the truth will prevail.

Jade evergreen

Well look who scare Oskankslut aw what wrong you gold digger whore?

little aussie reader

Gimme $15mil or I release the tapes? Oh, yes, I see how that fits. NOT!

Shell

Whew..I got left behind for a moment.....lol

igotfleasfromtmz

She was only getting 1 or 2 million, which is it? Mild negotiation from 1 million to 250 million.

..EW..

I hope the judge declines Oksana's laywer motion. If one doesn't do anything, so there's nothing to fear. Sure it doesn't sounds like Oksana situation...

emerald

aussie reader LOL! Exactly, if Mel has already provided copies of this to the Sheriff's office/F.B.I she HAS to let them check her computer to prove one way or the other whether she sent them!! If she did and they feel it's extortion she's stuffed, but IF she doesn't hand it over I wonder if the FBI will be able to take the emails Mel received on his computer as originals, since OG refused to prove otherwise when she could have done so so easily lol!!

azlee

I'm sitting here thinking, is there anything I would want to hide from the cops or my family (which probably haunt me more) or my employer.

Nope, even back of cd's are ok to look at....I have a boring life?

middleagedcrazy

JMO, but check with the legal eagles around, I think they can legally stop attorney-client communications from being looked examined. How they would limit that with the sheer number of attorneys involved, I do not know. And we do know that she has been sue-happy for years.

Everything else, especially to her sister and mother, would seem to be fair game because of their alleged involvement.

Tee hee

little aussie reader

Posted at 7:00 PM on Oct 20, 2010 by emerald

I'm hoping for stuffed Ox. Gotta go, catch you all later, take care everyone :o)

azlee

I can see correspondence to an attorney blocked, if they work that way now. All 40 of them (geezzzzzz).

Shell

I am sick of hearing Horoputz trying to paint her as some innocent, naive russian who just got off the boat...or plane...or however she arrived....lol

emerald

Bye aussie reader take care

kickaboo

Is Horowitz trying to cover up extortion? Cover up for Gloria?

Hell, Mel Gibson pays for the internet service...paid for the computer, you know it. Paid for everything. What does Oksana pay for exactly?

Horowitz knows something illegal went down, now he tries to cover it up. Let the truth be known and lock up the ones in the wrong! Oksana started this whole thing, no one believes her anymore. No one believes little Danny Horowitz, Gloryhole and her daughter, Lisa Bloom.

Is Horowitz afraid the cops will find out ROL was on remote assistance to Ox's computer?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments