Roseanne's Ex:

She Made Me Pay for Costco!

10/21/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Roseanne Barr makes $300,000 per month ... and she won't even honor her promise to fly her ex-hubby to Hawaii to visit their kid ... this according to new court documents obtained by TMZ.

1020_roseanne_barr_ben_thomas_EX_getty_2_tmz
Ben Thomas -- Rosie's former bodyguard/husband from 1995 to 2002 -- claims earlier this year, Roseanne decided she wanted to move to Hawaii with their 15-year-old son. Ben gave Rosie the right to move with their kid, and in exchange Rosie agreed to fly Ben and his new wife to Hawaii every month for 10 days on Rosie's dime.  The whole deal was reduced to writing.

Now, here's where it gets nasty ...

According to legal docs filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Barr canceled Ben's plane tickets just hours before his first flight ... then fired off an email to him saying, "I decided that I'm no longer interested in abiding by this ridiculous arrangement."

She continues, "You want to visit [our son]? Buy yourself a ticket, book a room ... See you in court."

Ben -- who claims his wealth "pales in comparison" to Roseanne's -- says he ultimately paid for his own 1st class tickets to Hawaii ... but to even out the cost, he "ate at inexpensive restaurants, rented a Dodge Charger, and filled up with gas at Costco."

Dude now wants a judge to force Roseanne to honor the deal and reimburse him for the trip -- including the Costco run.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

JLS

Roseanne will soon find out that when she agrees to something through family court, they expect her to comply. Not even her big mouth can get herself out of this.

Blue Lake

She should have said "See you in CRIMINAL court." They had a signed agreement, she trashed it, the kid's a minor, Roseanne should be charged with kidnapping.

Jackie

He is a loser. I wouldn't pay for my ex anything...damn it!...

KeepItReal

Why did he have to fly 1st class???

Cartman

Forced to buy his own 1st class tickets? How horribly unbelievable! Almost as horrible as marrying and hanging around that nasty piece of trash in the first place.

Can't say you didn't know when Tom Arnold was telling the entire world how nasty old Roseanne really was.

I wouldn't do Roseanne with Harvey's dong. Harvey can thank me later.

zzkinnardzz

I see her pain, lol. probably cost like 20,000 dollars a month to fly him and his wife out there.. & why does that bitch need to come anyways?? not her kid.lol. && she shouldnt have agree'ed to it she should have told him and just moved because courts wouldn't have made her move back unless she left after he filed in court but because she left before she was save but screwed it up by offering a dumbdeal. lol

B

First off: where does she get $300,000/month from?

I love that he lists "renting a Dodge Charger" and "filling up with gas at Costco" as part of the hardships he was forced to endure as a result of having to buy his own first class ticket. The cheapest first class tickets you can get from LAX to Honolulu are around $3,000 round-trip. She may be in the wrong here, but still...I wish I had $3,000 to blow on a plane ticket. You can fly coach for about a third of that. Cry me a river.

joel

Chuck

Did I read it correctly? The guy flew first class to Hawaii and then ate at ine4xpensive restaurants etc. Something smells fishey....must be the user who sired a son with the fat witch.

Superman

His "hardship" of renting a Dodge Charger, flying 1st-class, eating at "inexpensive restaurants", and buying gas at Costco "pales in comparison" too many, many people in the USA!! However, the bitch can't back-out of a deal in writing! He will win in court.

Hard to believe she makes $3.6 million a year. I wouldn't think they still show Roseanne episodes in syndication. She must have some nice dividends, interest, rent payments, or something.

sc1432

She made the agreement and she will have to stick by it. She can make a agreement and then say NO,i do not want to live up to my part of it.
I have not see Rosanne on any tv shows, or any other venue that is makes $300,000. a month.

sam

Feel sorry for Roseanne, got played by a gold digger.

Lizzie

Roseanne comes on TVLand every night. I'm sure that's where she's getting atleast some of her money.

Moose

I hope all of you Roseanne defenders are willing to defend all of those men in hollywood who have to pay out significantly more than Roseanne may have to pay out.

This double standard nonsense really needs to stop.

Gloria Unread

#9 Women wanted equality. That includes getting screwed over by your spouse when you make lots of money and they don't.

Posted at 2:05 AM on Oct 21, 2010 by joel
-------------------------
I completely agree! I can't stand it when other women seem to want it both ways. If you want to act and be treated like a man - fine, just don't bitch when they ask you to split the bill or won't hold the door for you.
Personally, I think the world was a much better place when men and women knew their roles in society, and behaved as such. :)

This guy sounds like a loser, but what do you expect from someone who thought marrying Roseanne Barr was actually a good life decision?!?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments