Hypocrisy

On 'The Hangover 2' Set

10/22/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Looks like it was your garden-variety peer pressure that torpedoed Mel Gibson's cameo on "The Hangover 2."

1018-the-hangover-mel-gibson-ex-tmz-2

Multiple sources connected with the production tell TMZ ... director Todd Phillips cast Mel in the role of a tattoo artist a month ago and that the entire cast and crew knew about it and were simpatico.

The problem came three days ago, when a story leaked that Mel would be shooting a scene for the flick.  Our sources say the friends of some of the cast and crew started putting pressure on them to lodge sudden, last-minute displeasure with Phillips' choice.

Our sources say some of the production people became belatedly upset because they were getting so much crap from friends, so they began objecting. One of the loudest, we're told, was Zach Galifianakis.

There were other people in the cast and crew who were also making noise about walking off the set if Mel showed up.  Our sources say Bradley Cooper was not among the group who complained.

So the day before Mel was supposed to shoot, Phillips pulled the plug.

As one person connected with Mel told TMZ, "It's such hypocrisy. They cast a convicted rapist [Mike Tyson] but 86'd Mel."

dan rafael espn boxing #1 fan

TMZ removed my r a p e comment. I"ll say it again Mel needs to r a p e a chick. Team Mel

pops

Who cares? The hangover sucked. Second will be worse. Good move for mel to not be involved. Now where's mad max 4?

igotfleasfromtmz

Mel I will wait for your next production.
It will be as good as the last two

BoJackson

Do you agree with the producers decision to fire Mel Gibson? Vote here http://whosright.com/poll/do-you-agree-with-the-producers-of-hangover-2-decision-to-fire-mel-gibson

Ginger

Yeah, sure, I let my friends determine the conditions I work under. I'm sure we all do. Considering actors are a dime a dozen, I don't think I'd have complained about anything. It's just a paycheck. Enjoy it, too, because I'm betting you won't have many more from the acting field.

Julia

Mel Gibson is being discriminated against.

Lola

I'm gonna bet that they let Mel go, but had to pay him anyway. And he's going to get sympathy support from the public when they hear about this. I hate movies like that one, and I don't think Mel Gibson should associate himself with that kind of mess. Reminds me of Andy Griffith going senile, apparently, in his dotage, and making that stupid, vulgar movie. The public now reviles him, when they used to love him.

Jazabel

OK, GANG, LETS GET SOME THINGS STRAIGHT.

These days you cant get a role in a big budget movie if you dont invest your money into scientology. You can ask Tom, who was foolish enough to start that crap.
Also some A list actors are coming to TV because they dont want to be a pert of that crap.

Every movie has F word in it, a lots of them. Apparently people are much more invested into the movie, if they keep hearing the F word, so says the Hollywood. Stupid rednecks.

Your career wont go up if you ll keep making fun of yourself and do the crazy facial expressions. Sorry Jack Black and Jim Carrey.

And lastly, Zach is one funny guy, and he is kind, unlike Bradley who is a douche and messes up his lines more often than any other Hollywood actor.

BrAnBa

The day before Mel was supposed to shoot, they pulled the plug?

Now, I know nothing about Hollywood-business and I am not even in US, but this seems very odd to me. I work with film myself and we contract our actors, the technical crew etc. - you cannot just kick them out the day before the shooting. Well, technically you can, but it would cost a LOT!

Seems strange to me that an actor like Mel would sign a paper saying they could just give him the boot anytime during production. But there again, don´t know how it works in US?

Stacy

Warner's must be pissed, Mel is their guy. People don't like Mel and his oddball ideas about Jews, sugar tits, religious hypocrisy and it was an opportunity to have something positive happening with Mel.

People like Mike, people don't like Mel? Maybe that's why the cast and crew spoke up. It's bad when a rapist is more popular with people than Mel is right now.

Posted at 1:13 AM on Oct 22, 2010 by Jinxy
--------------------------------------------------------------

That's BS.
Mel is still very popular. Why is Warner Brothers doing this ?
They want the gullible to believe that actors don't want to work with Mel. That's BS.
It's a smear campaign by Warner Brothers. Maybe they really Are the people who hired the prostitute, Oksana, to go after Mel, just as a lot of people suspect.

JayVegas

Guess I can forget seeing Hangover 2. First one sucked anyway. Whole thing has stink on it. TEAM MEL.

Stacy

The day before Mel was supposed to shoot, they pulled the plug?

Posted at 2:05 AM on Oct 22, 2010 by Kaprifol
---------------------------------------------------------
The whole scenario is very strange...they say Mel accepted this job at a time when he's very busy with the court case and depositions. etc.
Maybe it's all lies. Maybe he didn't even accept the part, they could be making it all up just to smear him to add to all the crazy lies from "People" magazine, owned by Time Warner.

michelle

i didn't see the first hangover movie
won't see the second one either
might have, if M.G. had been in it

i do hope to see M.G. in something(s) soon
i'm so glad he decided to do some more work
in front of the camera
can't see him in Mad Men, no cable
wonder when The Beaver will be ready
i've always enjoyed J. Fosters works

well whenever M.G. wants to, he can make his own movies
the public loves M.G. movies, and 'they' always will

Johnny 5

Mel doesn't need the hassle of working with 3rd-raters like Zach Gillifianoxoighuonosos and the rest of the Hangover no-names. F*ck them all.

outraged

Why would ANYBODY take this douche bag seriously:

He is a lowlife s***bag that wouldn't make a pimple on a real actor's ass ... I think it a jealousy issue, he a rude and grotesquely insensitive POS, ask Bruce Willis what an ******* he is a major league hypocrite! Makes me wonder where Phillips' head is.