« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lakers Star Guns Ferrari to 110 MPH -- Cops Swoop In

11/17/2010 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

For a guy nursing a bum right knee, Los Angeles Lakers star Andrew Bynum can still move pretty damn fast ... this according to cops who claim the guy was doing 110 on an L.A. freeway in his Ferrari.

Andrew Bynum Ferrari

Law enforcement sources tell us Bynum was burning rubber in his customized 2010 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano on October 29 -- when cops clocked him going 110 MPH in a 55 MPH zone.

Bynum was eventually ticketed for speeding -- but dude was lucky he wasn't hauled to the slammer.

Law enforcement sources tell us the only reason he wasn't nailed on a reckless driving charge was because traffic was light and the NBA star wasn't weaving in and out of lanes.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

female harvey

Really? as a native of So. Cal... Where did he OPEN IT UP???LMAO I might be jealous

Ty

lol, who really expects anyone to drive 55mph in a 600bhp car. 110mph in it is like going 30mph in a normal car, only the Ferrari gets to 110mph faster.

Mike L

I've done 100 in a 55 in NY(Long Island) in my SRT8 with a cop SRT8 along side me. They really don't mind as long as you do it safely, in the middle of the night. The sound of a 1,000 Hemi horsepower (my 575, his 425) running wide open is purely orgasmic. :drool:

MIDNIGHT TOKER

big deal..

andy

The real news here, is that someone in L.A. finally has great style choice in selecting a vehicle. Light traffic, excellent handling vehicle, and great brakes, . . . no problem here!!! At a conservative 110mph, I would suggest that Mr. Bynum was being careful and cautious.

Come on, Harvey, . . . even that little Porsche you drive has been faster than this on the highway, and we all know it!!!

Good Times!!!

awards

What time and what freeway? MPH or KPH? Sure, he was probably just spinning his tires!

chris

I have an SRT8 and very active on the SRT forum. I call BS on your 575 and on the cop driving a SRT. Cops drive the 5.7, no department is going to put an SRT into service, the cost would be astronomical. I would love to know what mod's you have that put you at 575 (even at the fly wheel). A SC wouldn't do it, maybe w/ spray, but I doubt it. So unless you have a 392 or a 427 w/ a SC and spray, there's no way you get to 575.

Mike L

chris- NYPD Highway patrol has at least 2 SRT8 Chargers. They have the 6.1 and the badge, no wing, no hood scoop.

As far as mine goes, I have enough. No point in telling what, because 90% of the people here would have no clue what I'm talking about. Dynoed just under 400 at all 4 wheels (Jeep) on a Dyno Dynamics, with close to a 30% parasitic loss. And that was with ****loads of knock.

Mike L

Oh and just so you know, you're thinking is very sheltered. There are blown 426s making over 1,000hp. The quickest Jeep SRT8 is currently running a twin turbo 426 and making close to 1,200.

R

Wow. Love that car for a WOMAN.

dan the man

@11 So you wouldn't drive that mofo?

Y do he got

Going over the 100 mph mark gets your driver lic for one year and you lose all your points and can`t test your lic back.One year and and 1 grand fine.2nd time two years 10 grand number three you lose your car and lic for life.Even poppin a wheelie on a motorcycle gets your lic gone..show of speed is wreckless endangerment TMZ is way off on thier fatt toads or he payed someone off in chips or LAPD so someone should lose thier job or he should lose his lic.Street raceing is deadly KEEP IT ON THE TRACK or get sued to a walking or riding the bus SISTER

Ty

@Mike L
what the hell does it matter if other people understand, he asked you a simple question ?

Y do he got

he could`nt change the sparkplugs or the GOVERNATOR on his little red pony so it will only do a weepy 110 a tow truck will go faster.Adjust or remove the governer and it will do 180 easy maybe 210-220 on the right roabs

Mike L

@Ty
Its not all that simple. Its a very lengthy list, and if nobody is going to know what I'm talking about, I'd prefer not to type it out.
Let me just put it this way; Naturally aspirated, stock displacement, full top end; intake to tips, fuel system, computer work.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments