« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lenny Dykstra's Doggy

Could Be Repossessed

11/22/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lenny Dykstra is so broke -- a judge may allow a creditor to repo his prized German Shepherd  ... this according to new court documents.

1119_lenny_dykstra_dog_ex
The former MLB superstar turned financial guru turned alleged deadbeat dad had filed for bankruptcy to protect his remaining assets -- but one creditor has filed new documents, asking a judge for a green light to sell everything Dykstra still owns.

The creditor has filed a list of Dykstra's assets, totaling $715,000 -- which includes $100k in jewelry, $15k in art and a $10k German Shepherd.

Just last year, Dykstra had bragged to HBO's "Real Sports" the dog was a "champion."

Sucks that the poor poochie ended up with such a loser.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

JLS

US Bankruptcy Trustees do NOT do anything with family dogs. I brought this very subject up to a US Bankruptcy Trustee just a month ago and he laughed and said asset or not, they never do it.

Nice try, TMZ. You certainly know dog stories get substantial attention here (as they should!).

Jim in Cali

Yeah I'm sorry, I don't believe this. Lenny's dog is going to get taken away? Please.

TMZ@Froggy.biz

Man. the judge is cold!

Hal

Dear Harvey Levin:

Since TMZ has quickly become the Lord Protector of all things Hollywood to the universe, it would behoove you to not engage in misspellings which make your site look like it was crafted in crayon by a kindergarten dropout.

A German Sheppard is a Teutonic Apollo Astronaut. A German Shepherd is a dog.

As a professional magazine editor with 35 years of experience, I urge you to not hesitate to contact me in order to avail yourself of my proofreading services which are also available in real time during your posting hours. Heaven knows you need them.

You're a lawyah, but I'm an editah, and you need me bad. :)

Stephanie

Um....SHEPPARD?????????? Try Shepherd.

honcy

he got ripped off thats a mutt with a broken tass bone

lennylenny

Can we pet that puppy?I don`t know lenny I~an`y spost2say nothin2nobody I know lenny I`an spost2say nothing2 nobody bout nothing.Thats a big puppy lenny I know lenny do you want 2pet that puppy? do you want to pet that puppy that puppy looks mean lenny I know lenny lets find a nicer puppy? i don`t know lenny i don`t know neither lenny

Get over it..

"coud be repossessed"

PhilipMarkum

LEARN TO SPELL MORON

Hal

For the sake of clarity and precision, I stand corrected. To prove that all online articles need to be scrupulously researched and confirmed, the astronaut's name is spelled with one p. So let's edit that to read "a Teutonic USAF Lieutenant Colonel in Stargate Atlantis"! :)

Mary

Shepherd (from herding sheep).

NelsonH

Take the dog away, it's practically stolen property. I'm sure it's not being well taken care of anyway.

anony

What happened to Dykstra is is what is going to happen to everyone who has all their money in the stock market, and very shortly.

MaritimeMissy

Dear Editor/Proofreader Hal:

If you're going to proof another's posts, you should make sure yours are flawless.

I will ignore your split infinitives since they're not the cardinal sins they used to be; however, "Astronaut" should not be capitalized.

You're an editah, but I'm a bettah one. ;)

MaritimeMissy

I wouldn't be surprised if Lenny were diagnosed as bipolar. Maybe the steroids or performance drugs he took exacerbated the condition.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments