Ryan Reynolds & Scarlett Johansson

Will Divorce

12/14/2010 5:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson have separated and plan to divorce.

Ryan Reynolds Scarlett Johansson Separation

We're told Ryan and Scarlett are living apart.  And we're told it's amicable.

Ryan and Scarlett released a statement through their rep, telling TMZ, "After long and careful consideration on both our parts, we've decided to end our marriage.  We entered our relationship with love and it's with love and kindness we leave it.  While privacy isn't expected, it's certainly appreciated."

Ryan told GQ in September, Scarlett was "the best part" of his life, though he said having a family was "a few years down the road."

Ryan was named PEOPLE magazine's Sexiest Man Alive last month.

Interesting -- the couple was rarely seen out together.  The most visible appearance -- at the Tony Awards this past June.

The couple was married in September, 2008.

UPDATE: Ryan Reynolds filed for divorce from Scarlett.

1214_X_SCARLETT_SMALL_LAUNCH_V31214_X_RYAN_SMALL_LAUNCH_V3

kp

I agree with #15, would be a good hook up

Snow White

Woo hoo! Ryan Reynold's back on the market. This just made my day.

Keith

She doesn't look very hot in that picture. Big nose and whats with the 1940's hair style? Not very sexy at all. Ryan on the other hand is pretty much a perfect male specimen.

Steelers suck

It's about time he came to his senses! She's fugly and has no talent!

Trevis Miho

There is no such thing as a beautiful, young celeb in a relationship STAYING in a relationship. She'll be seen wit some other dude within a month, we've all seen this a million times. What else is she gonna do - focus on her craft?? - If so, that's when you'll see her holding hands with someone working on her set, or some actor in that same project. Scarlet's hot though...yup, pretty f*%king hot.

TMZ dont like me

Green Lantern and The Black Widow are splitting up?? Oh noes...

DD

I'm sorry Scarlett, but he can do soooo much better. I don't know much about him, but I love his movies. He is the sexiest man alive and just about ever as far as I'm concerned. Go Ryan!

Laura-C

Why do celebrities get married? They don't seem to try hard enough to make their marriage work, you don't see them parring down the workload to just be with one another like any married couple. I know that's their jobs but man, think about one another rather than your careers.

zima

oh #1 he is definitely bangable

Stupid People Hater

She doesn't believe in monogamy so I am not really surprised.

Emm

When did they get married???

Talk about a nano second...

This is why people should just live together. They change their minds, like they change their underware.

Samantha

@27 She DOES believe in monogamy, get your facts straight. She just said that she doesn't believe people are monogamous by nature. “I’ve been battered for saying that I don’t believe humans are monogamous by nature. The response was, like, ‘What a ho-bag!’ I didn’t mean that I don’t practice monogamy in my own life —of course I do! I’m not going to be in some tarty relationship."

Samantha

@26*

Ty

Not surprising, people today never mature because of all this stupid hollywood culture and misplaced values. 30y old teenagers.

Janeylaur

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?