« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Fines Brett Favre

$50,000 in Sexting Scandal

12/29/2010 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The NFL has fined Brett Favre $50,000 for "failing to cooperate" with the league's investigation into his sexting scandal involving former NY Jets employee Jenn Sterger.

Brett Favre Fined for Sexting
The league noted Commish Roger Goodell "could not conclude" if Favre violated the league's personal conduct policy based on the evidence he had seen.

The NFL released a statement saying, "The forensic analysis could not establish that Favre sent the objectionable photographs to Sterger."

The league continued, "The review found no evidence to contradict the statements of both Favre and Sterger that they never met in person, nor was there anything to suggest that Sterger engaged in any inappropriate conduct."

The NFL claims it also looked into reports that Favre put the moves on two massage therapists who worked at the Jets' facility in 2008 -- but the investigation hit a dead end because people with "potentially relevant information" refused to cooperate with investigators.

1229_brett_favre_football_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mag

I also like how everyone is blaming her for not blocking the messages. Yeah... it's her fault some old married dude bothered her at work... her dresses were probably too tight... and she has boobs... yeah... it's her fault.

FLOYD PINK

Maybe it was one of those African American Lineman's weiners that had filled her fe-male cavities in the past, that was in the picture?

Just saying!!!

FLOYD PINK

Would she be able to testify on the stand, that that it was "his" pecker?
Or maybe one of the African American Lineman that had fill one of her fe-mail cavities in the past!!

ralph

I do not see where the alleged victim said she was harmed by Favre's conduct.

SERIOUSLY !!!!!

DON'T YOU JUST HATE IT WHEN OLD GEEZERS GET BY WITH A SLAP ON THE WRIST FOR THEIR 'DIRTY OLD MAN' BEHAVIOR?

BTW ... Who gets the $50,000.00? you can bet it's certainly NOT the victim!!!!

Melissa

Mag, it took her two years to decide to extort....sorry, I mean get "justice" for these "unwanted" pictures. Now.. I don't know the real story...I don't know Brett Favre and I don't know her but, common sense tells me that Brett Favre isn't the type of guy to run around sending pics of his ding dong to random strangers. Or random hot girls he sees. I am sure, if it is his dong, there was some sort of flirting relationship going on between BOTH of them. Brett Favre just put himself in a nasty situation because it's not like he can release any emails or texts showing she was aggressive and sexting,too. and she knew he couldn't do that. thats his own fault for texting some whore behind his wifes back. It's not just her fault..it's both of there faults I am sure. I would bet Brett got some naked pics of her but, it's not like he's gonna say that. Everyone is just using common sense and that tells them if you are being harassed and contacted by someone you don't want to contact you...don't wait two years AFTER it happened to say it happened.And take steps to PREVENT it from happening if your seriously being harassed repeatedly. Or your gonna look a tad suspicious.

Lovely Rita

He is an ugly, stupid pig with a tiny penis. I hope the gal sues the pants off him (oh, snap!) and his wife files for divorce, taking the rest of his money. Then he can rent an apartment with rapist Ben Roethlisberger.

James

If Jenn Sterger was SO offended then come out and file a complaint or press charges when the incident occured. This B.S. about filing charges yrs later has got to stop. Brett did the right thing and I celebrate his career. She waited until his final yr in the league to bring this up. I think she's a liar and just looking for some attention. C.A.B.

StickTuit

I saw the pictures & all I have to say is that I would have been offended by them too. Favre may be a big man on the football field but those pictures show what a little man he really is.

jeff

I'm not a Brett favor fan, but If you couldn't find any evidence why was he fined? Why does he have to cooperate? If the evidence is clear and obvious, his cooperation wouldn't be necessary.

Areader

Yeah right!

kadi

Love you Brett. Thanks for the memories. You can text me ANY time & send pics too!!! I can take a flippin JOKE & not run to the media hoping to make a few $$$ & some fame. I had worst crap that than happen to me when I was in the military and all I had to do was SPEAK UP and say NO!!! I can't stand women who ac***ulate evidence hoping for a pay day. I feel bad for Deanna. She is a classy, beautiful, sweet lady. GO home & make it up to your wife for embarressing her. But Deanna knows Brett doesn't know when to stop playing around most of the time.

anita nail

I don't understand why it is the business of the NFL as to what this man did, it's between him and his wife....

pac1234

Guess the NFL didn't buy into the Sterger claims...Guess her attorney and agent should have kept their mouths zipped...Guess Favre probably told the NFL investigators exactly what he did, then said F-it! 50K, shouldn't even have gotten that in a He said-She said case. Heard the Sterger camp is crumbling..."Witnesses" willing to sell their story of the Jenn scam!

george fudge!

Commissioner Goodall on what failure to cooperate means: "Brett Favre wouldn't let me visually compare his d_ick with the d_ick pic that the NFL had obtained from visiting TMZ !"
The Commissioner continues on, "I was down on my knees for Brett and he still wouldn't drop his pants for me! I was left with no choice but to fine him $50 K. "

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments