« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Arrest Warrant Issued for NFL Star Albert Haynesworth

2/4/2011 1:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Washington Redskins' defensive superstar Albert Haynesworth has been charged with simple assault after an alleged road rage incident that went down on Wednesday in the D.C. area.

0204_haynesworth_BN_Getty_01

Haynesworth -- one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL -- allegedly "struck" a 38-year-old man driving a Honda Civic.

According to the Washington Post, the Honda driver felt Haynesworth was tailgating him on the Fairfax County Parkway and issued a "non verbal hand gesture" ... aka "he gave him the finger."

At some point the two cars came to a stop at a red light and Albert got out and, after the two exchanged words, allegedly assaulted the other man. Haynesworth allegedly got back into his vehicle and drove away.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Haynesworth's arrest -- and cops say the NFL star is planning to turn himself in to authorities next week.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

d-nutt

Goodnight, sweet Albert. I'm sure Shanahan is going to find a way to void your contract over this. Hello poor house.

Paranormal Investigator

whats up with all the NFL stars lately..hey harvey mike charles and other NFL fans..isnt it time for a morals clause again in sports contracts?

D-Nutt

Good night, sweet Albert. It was nice knowing you. I'm sure Shanahan is going to find some way to void your contract over this. Hello poorhouse.

rob

arrest warrant out for him and he tells police he will turn himself in next week? wow thats some bs hes just a big piece of spoiled crap.

Drozman

If you don't want to get punched, don't flip people off and think there may not be consequences. Watch the road in front of you and not what is happening behind you...and probably driving 35 mph in the left lane on the FC Parkway means you should get punched. I'm still guessing you don't get punched if you keep your hand gestures to yourself.

lalaland

I'll be sure to remember the next time an arrest warrant is issued for me that I can the cops and let them know when I'll stop by.

OMG

by this time next month the civic dude will be rollin in a bentley

anon.

Another idiot, spoiled athlete who thinks he is above the law! And the other guy was an idiot to let his windows down to give "Fat Albert" a chance to hit him! LOL

Donnadarlin

Albert Haynesworth is pinhead!!!

Pimpcessa

@ Drozman, you're an idiot - NOBODY has the RIGHT to hit anyone just because they flip them the bird. Entitled much, my brother?

And just the fact that you can have a warrant for your arrest and turn yourself in a week later is fascilitating this behavior of these celebs and athletes.

This is just beyond retarded...

Lori

Very true #7..."don't press charges and you won't have to drive Civic ANYMORE!"

Isn't that the way these cases get settled these days? SHEESH... we're getting just like MEXICO when it comes to morals and money.

Pimpcessa

@ OMG, I totally hope that guy sues his azz off. If I were that guy, I'd have an attorney right now, serving his big butt with a lawsuit. Certainly wouldn't be waiting around for the cops to open the door for him and ask for autographs while he get's asked a few questions and let go.

And, don't the cops go and pick people up when there's a warrant for them? Especially when it's a charge consisting of violence?

I guess I don't know much about how the court system works as I've never been arrested, but it seems to me that when a guy goes and beats on someone, the cops should go pick him up and not wait around until the criminal FEELS like swinging by.

KP

loser!

tgrfan42069

he was a douche in high school also..i went to school with him.he hasnt done anything for the home town.he signed autographs once at a united way gathering but that is it.up the road orlando hudson the baseball player has done manythings for his hometown.

jeff

I think you're right to mock the "I'll turn myself in when I'm ready" scenario, but I also think it indicates the stupidity of the charge. If it's such a big deal go get him. Simple assault could be anything.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments