Michael Lohan

I Booked Lindsay on Letterman

2/16/2011 3:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Lohan has revealed HE is the mystery person who booked Lindsay Lohan on "Letterman" this week ... and tells TMZ he only signed her up after getting the green light from Lindsay herself.

Lindsay Lohan Letterman

In case you haven't heard -- Letterman had to issue a retraction this morning, explaining Lindsay would not be doing the "Top 10" bit on Thursday as they had announced yesterday -- after Lindsay tweeted that she NEVER agreed to do the show.

Letterman's people released a statement explaining how someone "purporting to be a friend of Lindsays" reached out to them and made the booking ... but Dave's camp didn't reveal the name of the friend.

But Michael says he was behind it -- telling TMZ he got the idea after Dave cracked a joke at Lindsay's expense during Friday's "Top 10" ... and Lindsay was into it.

Michael says Lindsay "knew full well" about the booking ... they even discussed transportation from the L.A. studio, where Lindsay would be doing the bit via satellite.

Michael insists everything was going smoothly  -- until Lindsay's reps got wind of the appearance and shut it down.

Now, Michael tells us he's pissed -- adding, "Anything positive that I bring into her life ... [her people] try to nix it."

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

mannequin

Positive??? She'd only be laughed at and shunned. You Lohan's have pretty thick skulls, don't you? There are no freakin'fans. No one wants to see Lindsay Lohan.

BLACK SHIT

ONE MORE THING!!!! HAHA I'LL TAKE U PLACES NY!!!! LIKE TWO THE MOON BABY!!!!! HAHHA

LOVE,
THE CRAPER!!!!! HAHAHAHA ****!!!!! HAHHA

HAL

DON'T BE MADAT ME MR. MON BONDS!!! HAHA WE BREAK UP TO MAKE UP!!!! HAHAHA U DON'T ****IN LOVE ME!!!!! HAHAH AND WE AIN'T MAKING UP!!!! HAHA FU!~!!!! HAHAH THE LITTLT GRASSHOPPER!!! HAHA

LOVE,
LET'S GET SERIOUS!!!! HAHAHA AND FALL IN LOVE!!!!!@ HAHAH

nhawk@email.com

Way to go Daddy-O.
More concerned with pimping out his daughter than he is concerned about her sobriety/health.

gretchen

The fact that Michael thinks this is positive is just really sick.

Posted at 12:23 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by Kathyo

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Michael would have her turning tricks for the Sultan of Brunei if he could get a cut of the $$$$$.

He's sick and a control freak. Why all the focus on Lindsay? He has other children who clearly need him, including a very young son developing behavioral issues. Because Lindsay can make him $$$$.

pink glitter

You know, I thought most of these Lindsay Lohan Discussions were mainly only done here on TMZ...that was until I started reading the comment sections over at The Huffington Post...There is no way in hell that this so called "hating" only involves TMZ...It would appear that the world is truly done with Lindsay...900 comments and counting on her articles over there. Wow, she really appears to be over. And I actually feel bad for her. On one hand she is so young, one would assume she has plenty of time left to nurse her career back. On the other hand, if we are going by looks..she looks MUCH beyond her years. Hollywood has much more beauty, and talent deserving of their own time to shine. I'm not so sure Lindsay can bounce back from this anymore. This girl needs HELP...and I for one feel awful for the trash I've talked...She is sick, and I believe that entire Lohan family will soon see the well run dry.

Nikki

@Daveyboy

Why dont you go to Merrick, Long Island and ask the folks around town what michael did....

Lucky_130

Marshmellowman- When it comes to that curse stuff you talk, I believe you are right. Disney was into the occult big time, whether people believe it or not.

sam

LMAO, he doesn't have any money to give her and he staged a photo op showing him holding one box the day of her move and they went home. he was never even spotted at the new house the day of the move.

Posted at 1:04 PM on Feb 16, 2011 by Jill

******************************************

My bad ! Well he said he was giving her $$$.

Silly me for believing that.

Reed

Letterman, I hope you learned a lesson about dealing with the Lohan family. Don't.

Sammie

Since he's been trying to pass the buck for Lindsay's behavior onto her mgmt team anyway, seems to me he knew they wouldn't be happy about it and did it on purpose. I'll bet he never did talk to her about it so she'd freak and call them and did what he did cuz he wins either way - either his daughter gets some exposure that isn't about her hitting somebody (if she went along with it), rehab or stealing things or Lindsay & the mgmt team freaks and the mgmt wind up looking bad. All good for him. Lindsay you can't believe cuz she'll just lie so she winds up on whatever side will do her the most benefit.

Grandma Cracker

My oh my Sitting Bull, first the "very controllably drinking" and now this. What shall I do with with you, problem child?

themare

"We wish Lindsay well, and look forward to having her on the show in the future."

#118 Sitting Bull

Um, that's Hollywood speak for, "Don't call us, we'll call you."

Sad sad

It almost seems like he was just messing with Letterman cause he was making fun of his daughter. Michael's now a prankster.

documented_as_puzzling

its come to be noticed that the person in question is an offset to be used as crutch for manipulation of pity and whatever else attention it can take within the illicit irrelevance of past incursion of so called "fame" and infamy - and theres millions more that look to have at that delusion just the same to fill its likes away away stay the f-ck away you measly contrite simple f-cks -