« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

The RIDICULOUS House That Jeter Built

2/22/2011 4:20 PM PST BY Johnny Lopez

Derek Jeter dropped $7 million just for the land to build a nearly 31,000 square foot waterfront mega-home in Tampa ... and it's unbelievable.

0222_jeter_house_splash_zoom_launch

The recently completed estate features two 3-car garages, a swimming pool, a billiards room, a memorabilia room, 9 bathrooms and 7 bedrooms for Jeter and girlfriend Minka Kelly to use at their discretion.

Welcome to St. Jetersburg!

0222_celebrity_homes_houses_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Jackster

Its the dumbass baseball fans which keep on showing up to the games spending over 300.00 to bring their family to watch these guys play a "kids sport"... sorry to say we have no one to blame but ourselves...

Ian

BEAUTIFUL!

Wayne

All because he can hit a little leather ball with a wooden stick. Hey, what kind of home does your average pediatric cancer researcher live in?

bradlockett

This is a great house for a great man.

TampaGirl

The house is in Tampa which is completely different than St. Petersburg. Nice try though with the St. Jetersburg.

Carlea

Can I have your cell phone number?

Gaco

In the world of baseball, Jeter is worth every penny of his agreed contract. Get over it!

XtremeNo

yvonne berry

My husband is currently retired from the navy after serving 22 yrs. He only has a few years left before he retires from civil service. When it comes to my b-days he shows so much passion and love that sometimes I feel like I don't deserve it. An now he will be celebrating his 46th b-day on New Years Eve and I would like to get him an authenticated autographed t-shirt of his favorite baseball player Derek Jeter. I know Mr. Jeter is busy and has other important pressing matters, but if he could find it in his heart to grant me this one wish I know it would show him how much more I would go out of my way to show him how much he truly means to me. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Xem

Just another example of how AMERICO is going down...Jeter is a great BASEBALL player...a game...none of them should be making more money than some countries have, while our scholls are falling apart, medical care is withheld from millions, millions are out of work...kids dont have enough food...hell, even dogs deserve a better deal...
(ask Mr Vick!!)...Have fun Jeter... the end of this gravy train is coming soon for all you rich dudes too......

Rich Basa

For all you hater out there saying this house is a waste of money. First of all, that house cost him just one years salary. Most people take 15 to 30 years to pay for their home. If he did what most people do to buy their home than he should have a house that cos $300mil. Why earn that much and not spend it to just look at numbers on a computer screen. That would be stupidest thing anyone would could if they earned that much. If you wanted to do that he should just ask the Yankees to pay $100k a year.

J

Um, maybe he wants space to have friends and family visit...And it is HIS money and he is employing people to build it, clean it, landscape and maintain it and it has a pool...I am really not all that upset personally... I remember my mom and I crabbing about Oprah and HER money, "Why doesn't she give some to charity?" Then when she did...we complained "She should have done it anonymously." Uhu..weighing in on celebs, seems kinda like a dry form of masturbation. It certainly serves little other purpose.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8