Mel Gibson

Pleads No Contest

NO JAIL

3/11/2011 8:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson just entered a plea of no contest to a charge of simple battery ... and with a little community service and counseling ... it's like nothing ever happened.

0311_mel_gibson_video_court_bn
Mel's no contest plea relates to a domestic situation in which the alleged victim had a child with her.

031111_mel_arrival_small_videoMel's entered what's called a "West Plea" -- which means he is allowed to maintain his innocence.

Under the plea agreement, Mel will do NO jail time.  He must perform 16 hours of community service with a philanthropic organization, Mending Kids, and undergo 52 weeks of counseling -- he's been seeing a counselor since January but will not get credit for the accrued time.

Beyond that ... Mel is required to have only "peaceful contact" with Oksana Grigorieva -- it's the same order he's under in the family law custody case.

Mel was placed on 36 months informal probation. One of the terms of probation -- he cannot use force or violence against anyone. He was also hit with a protective order that gives Oksana the right to record their calls.

Mel's lawyer, Blair Berk, told the judge her client entered the plea in the interests of his children -- so they wouldn't have to endure a one-year legal fight, and that's why he entered the plea.

0311_a_mel_gibson_in_court_footer

Anon

what else do you expect. these are the buffoons that started up/run a "team Mel" website so they can double-cluck

Posted at 9:02 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by TMZgossip

A website, heh, that's awesome, all Oksana hate, all the time. I don't know the woman but I feel like defending her simply because they are so crazy.

kkg

Let's hope he has learned something here. This is a nasty nasty man. He's violent and extremely narrow minded. He thinks women are here for one reason ONLY and that's to service him.

Love the pic. It's the first time I've seen this man broken enough to have an impact. Thank God for justice. It provides protection under the law for all, even this ass.

Posted at 9:07 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by JLS

__________________

You know, as a self confessed legal expert/makeup artist; you could help Mr. Gibson on so many levels. Especially with your uncanny insight into his mental process. Why don't you have your people contact his people? Expertise like yours is not to be wasted! You could have an impact! It could be the second impact. Or the second coming. Take your pick! I'm sure you will.

Kathleen

fuddyduddy

@Fuddy - ROLF! Sorry. I'm still here. I have that damn laptop that Mel defenders/AOL users aren't supposed to have. I can't quit this case today.

Posted at 9:32 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by Tellthetruth59
________________________________________________________________

ROFL, too! I had a family dinner to go to this evening and I couldn't wait to get back home to see what was going on here!

anonym

Only very disgusting and without peoplle can protect this whore grigorieva, and only stupid, brainless can't see corruption

I,m 100% sure that truth will come up

fuddyduddy

Tell -- I think my favorite Sam posts so far have been on page 18 where the Twitter posts from OG are. I have never seen those...

I still have lots of catching up to do!! My index finger is getting a workout tonight! LOL!

kkg

Posted at 9:02 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by TMZgossip

Posted at 9:35 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by Anon

_____________________________________

Helloooooo Granny!

See you found a little friend. So happy for the both of you. You seem to be a well matched pair. Have fun, kids!

Kathleen

little aussie reader

Fuddy and Tell, trying to catch up myself. I had to take my cats to the vet and do some shopping. I get back and a gazillion pages have gone by.

fuddyduddy

"9:19 PM Jul 16th, 2010 via web in reply to sanjid9
.My daughter started calling me a c*nt whore..I guess she picked it up from Mel"
Can you believe tis Twitter from OG? That means that Lucia was not even quite 8 months old. Are kids talking at 8 months old?

Tellthetruth59

Posted at 9:42 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by fuddyduddy
-----------

You'll be here all night. Let me give you a quick summary:

Mel sucks
Mel doesn't suck because...
Mel is guilty
Mel is innocent
Ox is a whore extortionist
Ox is a victim and Madonna
Everyone that defends Mel is fat, old, stupid and potential tranny that wears sweat pants and does not have a college degree

Here's the funny part. Everyone thinks this is over and justice was "sort of" or totally not served.

Read if you wish but that's it in a nutshell.

fuddyduddy

9:17 PM Jul 16th, 2010 via web .I was going to post the picture of me beaten and bruised...but then I figured I'd let radaronline do it instead. Good idea guys, right?! :)
Another Twitter from OG. So she did have an ROL connection?

little aussie reader

Helloooooo Granny!

Kathleen

Posted at 9:44 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by kkg

Kathleen - I was thinking that. The pair of them spending all this time here (supporting neither side)just for the sake of yapping away and nipping at Team Mel like needy little terriers. Whatever floats their boats, eh?

TMZgossip

"9:19 PM Jul 16th, 2010 via web in reply to sanjid9

Posted at 9:46 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by fuddyduddy
...

makes you just as gullible as Sewer Sam

little aussie reader

fuddy - was the validity of that twitter page ever confirmed? Seems like some truly stupid posts there, even for Ox.

fuddyduddy

You are an angel! Thank you for the summary. That sounds about right from what I've read so far. I don't think I'm going to be able to get caught up. It's not just this post, but it looks like there were a couple of other posts after the court appearance. I had to run right after the pleading. Actually, I was LATE to my dad's house, but I just thought doggone-it -- I've been waiting to see this and I don't want to miss anything! LOL! It was okay though, there were some other family members that came after me. Whew!

I think you are right, Tell. This is not over. The snakes are laying low and they will be back. Civil suit coming.

I had to laugh at Harvey's comment about him thinking that OG would show up today because she liked the camera! They have her figured out.

One thing that you might be able to help clear up is the counseling. Does Mel just have to do 52 weeks of counseling, or is he doing TWO different types of counseling? I thought they said counseling and domestic violence couseling; I was unclear on that.

I appreciate your capsule version. I don't think my eyes can handle trying to get through all of these pages...

Anonymous

@Posted at 2:30 PM on Mar 11, 2011 by yo
No one who plans, manipulates, hurts and extorts their fellow man leaves this life without experiencing the aftermath of their own actions. Just waiting to see what happens to Oksana and have a feeling it won't be pretty or happy. It may manifest itself with her children hating her, losing her money, having substance problems or even becoming a public object of ridicule for the rest of her life.

Previous 15 Comments | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments