Katie Couric

I'm LEAVING CBS News

4/26/2011 3:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katie Couric has finally made it official -- announcing moments ago that she's decided to "step down" from her post at the "CBS Evening News."

Katie Couric Leaving CBS

Couric told People.com, "In making the decision to move on, I know the Evening News will be in great hands, but I am excited about the future."

As for Couric's future in TV, she added, "I am looking at a format that will allow me to engage in more multi-dimensional storytelling."

Couric insists the details -- including which network she will land with -- are "still being discussed."

As TMZ previously reported, she is talking with CBS about a possible daytime syndicated show ... in addition in continuing with the news division -- probably "60 Minutes."

Couric's contract is up in June -- it's likely she won't leave the show until then.

TMZ broke the story -- Katie's replacement will be "60 Minutes" correspondent Scott Pelley -- we're told that announcement will be made sometime around May 6.

Katie Couric Photos

IC

Gummy Kate, take your inanity and hideous news delivery FAR AWAY and don't come back... ever.

Holly Wilson

According to the Daily Rash, Katie Couric plans to have an "on-air" pap smear before leaving CBS News! You go girl! http://www.thedailyrash.com/?p=1708

noneofyourbusiness

Bye to you and your stupid little teeth. Just PLEASE don't go back to NBC and ruin the TODAY show!

Lukin

No one cares. CBS has been irrelevant since Uncle Walter stepped down.

janet

If she has to go back to fluff pieces she was never a journalist to begin with. Anyone can learn to read a teleprompter of what's written for them. Just look at Obama.

GozieBoy

She is still aspiring to reach even ONE dimension, if you don't consider that whole colonoscopy thing. "And what's that over there, doc, I seem to be chock full of it? OMG, let's just move along folks...!"

MIKE

Here is a reporting dimension for you Katie - How about the truth?

whocares

ADIEU..DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT UR ANOUSCOLON ON THE WAY OUT.OINK.

mkope1

My friend worked at the today show,and said she was a real *******,yeah take the money and beat it Katie your old news!!And your miserable as hell go away nobody likes you!Please nobody hire her,she does not earn her money!!

Duane

CBS was in 3rd place when she became anchor and it will still be in 3rd place when she leaves. Good Riddance Katie.

MarcB

I'd give it to her hard and sloppy, but she has no business leading a network newscast.

Vincent Nemeti

The woman is a troll, plain and simple. She is a fraud and an idiot. Les Moonvies should be shown the door at CBS for ever allowing this piece of crap on the national news, let alone for paying her 15 million a year. I know people at CBS and they cringe at the mention of her name! Good Riddance!!

John

Katie, you are a liberal hack moonbat, totally out of touch with the average american. Please go far away.

Gunny G

Storytelling? That's what this libstain has been doing for years! The Lapdog leftist media in general.

acorn

It's be refreshing if people stopped saying they are "excited about the future" when the truth is they failed and got fired or forced out.
"I made a mondo error, and thought I could salvage network evening news, but if it can be done, I am not the person who is capable of doing it. I am going to try something different and hope I am 1/2 decent at it."