Rick Springfield

The Teary-Eyed Mug Shot

5/2/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained Rick Springfield's super-sad mug shot ... taken moments after he was arrested for DUI last night.

Rick Springfield Mug Shot

TMZ broke the story ...  the '80s rocker was pulled over in L.A. at around 8 last night ... and when officers approached his vehicle, they smelled booze.

Law enforcement sources tell us Rick's blood alcohol level was .10 -- exceeding California's .08 legal limit.

Springfield was taken to a nearby jail ... where he was booked and released on his own recognizance.

0323_celebrity_dui_footer

Melanie

Oh No! File this Under "Dream Boats of the Past" ..."The stars who used to float our boats now give us a sinking feeling" ..Sunken' Dreamboats of the past" Mickey Roarke, Nick Nolte..Aughh now Rick Springfield. Linda Blair must really be turning her head now!

malibumomma

Pulled over in MALIBU on our street..Where tons of kids run and play. Annnnd he hit the curb and appeared to be way over .10. Just don't want him to hit anyone he drives super fast down a residential street constantly. Get over yourself Rick! Maybe a self proclaimed sexaddict should watch the ole booze, one tends to lead to the other...

mannequin

I have a feeling that this one will learn from his mistakes. That's all any of us can do.

karen dapello

Exactly how corrupt IS the LAPD for continuing to release all these mug shots to you guys??? It's amazing how quickly TMZ seems to get every single celebrity mug shot within hours of being taken. I guess the palm greasing continues.

TJ

They medicate themselves with alcohol, drugs, exercise, or sex just to soothe an emotion that they have no idea how to regulate. Welcome to Hollywood....the Borderline Personality Disorder Capital of the world!

Marty

Quote from OhReally:
"I don't understand why these photos are being released prior to conviction. What happens to innocent until guilty."

Oh that. It is in that stupid thing our Administration calls the Constitution, you know, the one where you, yourself, has given up the right of free speech by trying to be politically correct! You know, that stupid thing when someone takes a political oath they swear to uphold and they all have their fingers crossed behind their backs. That Constitution.

dd

Awwww Rick, just get it together, glad u aren't hurt nor anyone else!

Kabala

He and David Cassidy should compare notes.

Angie

Where are you people getting this idea that he has been sober for 10 years??? Read the book, he says that he still has an occasional drink!! Idiots!

mab1293

Last Nov. I paid over $3500 to send my daughter and boyfriend on Rick Springfield Cruise. The man started every concert with the words "I'm blitzed, are you?" and he was. He could not remember words to his songs and could just barely stand up. My daughter came home and thru his picture in garbage. Clearly the man has a problem. Maybe this will force him to get help before someone gets hurt.

__________

mab1293

Last Nov. I paid over $3500 to send my daughter and boyfriend on Rick Springfield. The man started every concert witgh the words "I'm blitzed, are you?" and he was. He could not remember words to his songs and could just barely stand up. My daughter came home and thru his picture in garbage. Clearly the man has a problem. Maybe this will force him to get help before someone gets hurt.

Grim Reaper

Rick Springfield should have been arrested over a decade ago for all that crappy music that he made.

Dale

I saw Rick about 5 years ago in concert in MN. He commanded from the stage "Somebody get me a beer". He put on a decent show, but acted like a jerk as well. Rick is 61 and he's very immature at times. Hope this is a big lesson for him!!

Straight Talkin Texan

VERY sad pic! He looks like he's probably having hard times. I am too, and I sympathize with that, but drinking and driving is not a good way to handle it.

dman

I worked for him a while back while he was on tour and he is a really nice guy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments