Katie Sources:

CBS is LYING about her!!!

5/5/2011 10:29 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with Katie Couric tell TMZ ... CBS is lying about its failed negotiations with K.C. just to save face, because Katie has left the network in the dust.

Katie Couric

TMZ broke the story ... network sources are saying negotiations to keep Katie around broke down because the news division wanted to give her a very limited role -- occasional pieces on "60 Minutes," and Katie felt dissed.

But sources from Katie's camp say it's BS.  They say CBS wanted to keep Katie and offered her all sorts of news involvement, including 8 to 10 pieces a year on "60 Minutes" (the show even offered her a production team), an unlimited number of pieces on "CBS Sunday Morning," another Grammy special and other specials as well.

One source says, "They were kissing her ass, but now that it looks like Katie is leaving, they're trying to kick her ass to protect their own asses."

And Katie sources say ... the real issue for Katie is a syndicated talk show, and it's looking like ABC is just a better fit.

As we first reported, Katie and TV honcho Jeff Zucker -- the guy who will probably end up her partner in the ABC deal -- will score a $20 million guarantee for the syndicated show.  She'll also get some extra pocket cash for her news duties.  The ABC deal isn't final, but it's almost there.

croc

really really dont like her..

Cartman

She is old and moldy. And makes Hugo Chavez look like a moderate.

kitty

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elle

ABC....are you fricken nuts! cancelling daytime soaps and maybe even GH for this! guess what ABC....your ratings are going to drop big time!

CC

Didn't watch her on CBS, don't care if she goes to ABC.

CR

I have to wonder if anyone every reads viewer comments to get a feel for what real people are saying - I hope so. She needs to go away

beentheredonethat

Her camp should have said it was CBS Complete Bull $ hit

MariJoy

"she said" "they said"...what is this, fifth grade? CBS and Couric have obviously come to an impasse with each other - why can't they all just move on? Kind of reminds me of the beginning of an unhealthy "non-relationship/relationship" a la Sheen & Lorre.

KPCATZ

I loathe Katie Couric. I will never watch her anywhere. I wish she would just go away.

Red-in-Phoenix

Look what Jeff Zucker did to Conan and the two soaps he just canceled. I'd tread carefully Katie.

gretchen

She is not worth any of these deals. Her time is up.

lm

Another talk show, can't she be more original than that. She is certainly a has-been and sure doesn't deserve $20 million. The soaps are definitely better than she is.

Sandi

I don't watch her. She is irritating and I don't like her personal beliefs on many subjects so as soon as I see her face, I change the channel.

Murf

The talk show is going to flop. She should have stayed with the Today Show. I tried to listen to her news show ... that voice is so awful! Who ever said she was a news person?

your own luck

Be careful what you wish for, Katie. You are not Ellen or Oprah and no one will want to watch you do some "show" everyday. Your career will probably end on a very low note.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments