Schwarzenegger

Fathered

Out-of-Wedlock Baby

5/17/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a baby with a member of his household staff, and that is what sent Maria Shriver packing ... and right into the office of a powerful financial adviser to get her affairs in order to end her marriage, TMZ has learned.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Love Child
Sources say Maria was distraught after learning Arnold pulled a John Edwards. The baby mama worked for the family for two decades, retired and received a severance package, according to the L.A. Times.

The baby was born more than a decade ago, but until recently Maria thought the father was the woman's husband at the time.

Schwarzenegger told The Times, "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry."

TMZ heard about the baby 5 days ago, but everyone in the Schwarzenegger camp was denying it.  But sources told us Maria was "completely distraught" yet determined to move on with her life.  She has not pulled the trigger to end her marriage on the legal side, but she has been working with a very powerful financial adviser who has been helping her position herself for a divorce.

We believe -- though have not confirmed -- there is a prenup, but the couple has been together so long the effectiveness of it is problematic.

UPDATE: Maria released a statement saying, "This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children."

She continued, "I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Romch

will

maria may heart goes out to you i hope he dont get a penny of your money i feel srry for your kids to have a dad like you

Donna

There you go. Cheating, lying, idiot governor banging the help behind Maria's back. You are a class act Arnold you jerko**!
Now everybody knows what a sorry excuse for a man you really are. LEAVE HIM GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leah

What a trashy s***bag that guy is to be screwing her right in their home, have a child by her and take all this time to tell Maria. Guess it didn't fit into his political image that he decided to wait till he was out of office to admit he had another child by their on staff whore.

Truth

TMZ IS LATE!!!!! CNN HAD THIS STORY SEVERAL HOURS AGO. HARVEY, DONT BE A CUT & PASTE BLOGGER LIKE FAT BOY PEREZ HILTON.

TRUTH!!!

RealityBites

Why is everyone so surprised? That's the way he was when she married him....she shouldn't be so surprised...and considering the men in her family, she has no right to call the kettle black

Lotta

I feel sorry for the child whose father didn't acknowledge her/him during his/hers ten year old life. Sounds like Arnold cares only for himself.

mannequin

More concerned about his career than his wife and family. Now that his career is over, he wishes to have his family back I guess.
These are the type of people we have elected to office, disgraces.

denise

Does anyone else have a BIG problem with this but me? So its okay for him to have affair & child 10yrs ago but gays/lesbians can't marry & have kids. Wasn't he all for family morals & values? Guess those went out the door.

Studley Buck

Too bad they couldn't have a strong, enduring marriage, like Todd & Sarah.

casting couch

Didn't anyone see Junior?

Ronald Austin

Notice it's all women calling Arnold stupid names. And when I first read the headline I myself thought "No way, what an idiot!" But consider this was a DECADE or more ago. Any of you ladies want to make a bet that your man, if you've had one that long, has not slept with anyone but YOU in ten years? Don't kid yourself. Also, Arnold and Maria are not exactly spring chickens. What the hell does something like this that happened a decade ago even matter when you are in your mid 50's to mid 60's. And I also think that it is quite a stand-up thing for him to do, admit his child and give that child acknowledgment of his true father, knowing the damage this is going to do to his reputation. So, yeah, keep calling him names out there. Keep casting stones ladies. Like YOU'VE never made a mistake like this.

Muppet

And here I was thinking she was just having a crisis and things would work out if she just had some counselling and found something she liked to do! Arnold can take his kicks now I don't feel sorry for him. If they can make it work good for them, but I wouldn't suggest anyone hold their breath after reading this! Well let's hope this one didn't use "gov. funds" to support his mistress!!!

Truth

EVERYONE KNEW WHAT WAS GOIN ON EXCEPT MARIA. THE WIFE IS THE LAST TO KNOW. I'M SURE THE KID KNEW HIS FATHER AND MET HIM OFF THE ESTATE TONS OF TIMES. HE'S BEEN PAYING THE BABYMAMA MILLIONS I BET... WOW, AND THE HELP JUST LEFT IN JANUARY OF THIS YEAR. WTF.

TheBride

What a 24 hour news cycle! Donald Trump not running for Prez in 2012. Schwarzenegger having an extramarital affair. SHOCKING!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments