Mel Gibson -- Helping Poor Guatemalan Kids

6/8/2011 8:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson has touched down in Guatemala -- where he's  doing work for a kids charity -- the same kids charity he did work for to complete his court-ordered community service.

0608_mel_mending_BN_02

Mel completed his 16 hours of community service several months ago with Mending Kids. The community service was part of  the plea deal he struck for allegedly striking ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.

Mending Kids International provides medical care to underprivileged children. Robyn Gibson is a former President of the Malibu chapter.  Mel and Robyn have been doing work with the charity for years.

Preserve the Tiger

TO "ITS" ~ Mel DID NOT "wrong the "people" i.e. citizens of whatever California city/county." He didn't wrong any of you. It was between him and Oksana, and she is the one who made it public because she wanted money! I am so sick and tired of all of you that have nothing but crap to say about Mel. He made mistakes, but he didn't do it to you! Get a life! If you want an eternal home in Heaven, you'd better start forgiving! I feel sorry for all of you who cannot accept the fact that you have no right to judge another human being. Jesus Christ didn't die and leave you God! God is the only TRUE JUDGE!

Also, for everyone of you who refuses to see THE BEAVER, you're not just punishing Mel; you're hurting all of those who were in the movie. That was an excellent movie! A job well done by Jodie, Mel, and all of the actors/actresses. Regardless of Mel's faults, he is an excellent actor, director and producer. He truly has more qualities than he has faults; that's true with most people! But then again, I don't know you personally; I'm just giving you the benefit of the doubt!

Muppet

Can you people read? It says he's finished his community service he was required to do!
Now he's doing this all on his own.
Give it up haters, he's doing some good work here people!

Aenwyn

@ Muppet good work or trying to drum up positive PR? I suspect the latter.

Confused

Can anyone tell me why God-Is Busy doesn't have a profile. I know whoever it is posts often.

God-Is-Busy

*lol* now Mel is nice and your hiding behind him...loosers.

Muppet

disgusted 5 minutes ago
@ Muppet good work or trying to drum up positive PR? I suspect the latter.

@disgusted
It's good work since he's been doing this type of work forever. Try reading up on him and you'll find out. He doesn't just do this type of thing when in trouble!
So he had an argument with an extortionist, big deal. If it were you or I being extorted you can bet we'd be mad as hell as well. Time for people to start seeing the truth!

God-Is-Busy

@ Confused...you know me. And how often I post. Don't need a profile.

Muppet

@confused

It's either someone on staff at TMZ, or someone that's using a proxy server or it could be that they don't have a profile and are posting and receiving emails to verify? Just a few ideas of how this person can get around a profile.

God-Is-Busy

@ Muppet...that is so thoughtful of you! But the day I see your toe in a plastic bag brought to me will be the day I will actually start drinking CHAMPAGNE again. A TOAST!!

Muppet

@god is busy

lmao don't hold your breath there big boy. :D

what He said

Arnold was helping the poor Guatemalan Mildred in his bed

Georgina

Thanks Mel Gibson, you are an angel for our children in Guatemala, thank you for your great heart. May God continue to bless you.

mary

mel and his WIFE, have been doing charity work for years. most charity work they do involves children. they do it without court order!

BEAVER The Puppet

Hippie liberal Mel loving nincomepoops all need to get a life.

Mel: "Grab me a bottle of tequilla and a busload of brown kids and fire up the ovens. Lets party Nazi style!"

Trix LaRue

I wonder what he REALLY thinks of Guatamalians??? Someone give him a couple drinks and lets find out!