Tracy Morgan

I'll Kill My Son

If He Acts Gay

6/10/2011 6:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"30 Rock" star Tracy Morgan is under some very serious fire this morning -- after reportedly spewing some disgusting homophobic "jokes" during a performance in Nashville last week.

Tracy Morgan Homophobic

According to reports, Morgan took the stage at the Ryman Auditorium (pictured above) and went off about gays -- saying, "Gays need to quit being p**sies and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying."

He added, "Gay is something that kids learn from the media and programming."

When talking about the possibility of his son being gay -- Tracy said he "better talk to me like a man and not in a gay voice or I'll pull out a knife and stab that little n**ger to death."

Afterward, Tracy told the crowd, "I don't "f*cking care if I piss off some gays, because if they can take a f*cking d**k up their ass ... they can take a f*cking joke."

After the performance, the Ryman Auditorium issued a statement on the performance saying, "The Ryman Auditorium regrets that people were offended by statements made by Tracy Morgan during his June 3 appearance."

The statement continues, "The Ryman does not control the content presented by people appearing on its stage, nor does it endorse any of the views of, or statements made by, such persons."

It's not the first time Morgan has ignited controversy over homphobic material -- back in 2009, a bunch of people reportedly walked out of his show at Carnegie Hall after he said being gay was a "choice."

So far, no comment from Morgan's camp.

tmz-top-comments
Am I Bugging You Am I Bugging You

So we live in a society now where you can't tell jokes that might offend some people? Get me off this planet.

writenow writenow

Tracy Morgan keeps saying Tina Fey "gets him." Well now. Are you listening Tina? Please "get him" off your show. Tracy Morgan is one very sick man.

Angela Angela

People don't LEARN to be gay from the media. That's just how they are born. What he said wasn't funny. It was rude and offensive, and shame on anyone who applauds that kind of behavior. I have now stopped being a fan of his.

tmz-top-comments
Am I Bugging You Am I Bugging You

writenow writenow

Angela Angela

Dave Dave

What an utter disgrace of a human being.

Annabel Annabel

We don't know whether Tracy Morgan is a homophobe or not. NO ONE on this board, or even commenting in the press, heard what was said or knows WHAT CONTEXT THE WORDS WERE SAID IN. Relax people. Tracy Morgan is an entertainer, and as anyone in entertainment knows, there are lots of gay people in entertainment. The man is probably NOT a homophobe, but sometimes even comedians get it wrong.

jeff jeff

I'm still waiting for his punchline.

Celebrities Suck

Logan R I get what you mean we are on the same track... I agree with your comment.

_______________________________________________________
Logan R less than a minute ago

Take a deep breath people, relax. How many jokes are there about hetrosexuals? Millions, and no one is freaking out about it. You can make a joke about a guy having a fat ugly wife and that's ok but as soon as he has a boyfriend it's off limits? Get over yourselves.

TheMachine1

The black community is pretty hostile against homosexuality. They essentially decided the vote against legal gay marriage in California. If he actually would have been supportive of homosexual rights he would have faced more negative feedback from his own community. I say he is the *****.

Sunshine

Freedom of speech.

Lokis

Shame on him!!! Gay kids, straight kids, it doesn't matter; they are committing suicide after being bullied. Ongoing bullying should be a crime!!! Our kids are dying, and his attitude makes one wonder if he was a bully as a kid, because he sure acts like one now!!! Shame, shame on him!!!

Bojangles

Oh shoot, BarbieJean, I'm totally with you.... and yet, just caught myself and now feel bad. You're right, it's a mental disability...

...Aaaaand I don't think it's right to make fun of people with mental disabilities. Now i see why everyone's so upset. I apologize.

Snerkles

'Would have voted "Ignorant," long before he spoke out, on this issue. He is the epitome of ignorance, and not one bit funny.

Anon69

Tracy - Isn't that a girls name? What a ***. Mrs. Tracy should not be upset now if we call him a ****** right?

texasknight1

i find it hillarious how gays want to preach the bible. yet as reading from comments how they're playing into the race-hate.

you folks are too sensitive.. grow up and have some balls.

nopenotokay

Funny, Tracy didn't mind playing the "gay" role in "The Longest Yard." In fact, he did a good job of it. I've always thought he was secretly gay and he probably is. Some of those "gay" people that you jerks are insulting are overseas protecting your sorry asses right now. Some of those "gay" people are the same officers, doctors, and emergency response individuals that rush to help ********s like you who insult them because of their sexual preference. It's not homosexuals that need to get over themselves, it's people like Tracy.

Nic

Insert the word "black" each time he says the word "gay" and then ask him how he feels. Gays have about as much choice as Tracy does being born black. Pot, meet kettle.

GloFan1

I'm gay & I can take a joke. I didn't realize that he was a gay basher, but it really doesn't bother me that his way of performing includes horrible & insulting gay jokes. All that means is that I won't attend his comedy shows nor will I watch his TV show anymore. It's his choice to make comments like that & it's MY choice to support him or not. I will choose not to. However, to make a joke about killing your child if he were to "act gay" or to even tell people to stop whining about being bullied... eh, that's not funny. It's quite disgusting actually and really show's what an ignorant person he is. The people on here that are saying they are now his biggest fans for making statements like that... wow... that's even more sad and shows what "followers" you all are. Honestly, it's one thing to make gay jokes... I don't care... & if they're funny I'll be the first one laughing... but this guy is (unfortunately) a celebrity and people do listen to what he has to say so condoning and actually endorsing violence... that's pretty sick. Quite honestly, I've never really understood why people find this guy funny in the first place. He can't tell a joke and everything he does sounds exactly the same.

HCK

Homophobia runs rampant in the black community. A black friend (well, former friend) once told me he advised his young nephews to "beat the gay out" of their brother, whom they suspected was gay. This isn't limited to poor African-Americans, either. One of President Obama's top advisors is a black woman who actively campaigned to deny credentials to gays and lesbians at the 2008 DNC national convention.

Bojangles

that's right!!!!! Tracy Morgan was an absolute QUEEN in the Longest Yard!
That was damn funny too.

Where were all the "hes acting like a prison bitch so he must be homophobic" comments when that movie came out?

electriczipper

I forgive you tracy
thats a girls name anyway

Tony

It's all just part of his act. He's not doing an interview with Barbera Walters. He's on a stage with a mic. To a large degree, that's what stand up comedians do. They rant about "off-limit" topics, and some see it as "over the top" and funny, others may be offended. It's not like this is a political figure spouting this. He probably goes off on whitey or asians five minutes after this part about gays. Most comedians aren't G rated like Jerry Sienfeld. Howard Stern is probably saying something equally offensive as you read this. Most of Chris Rock's routine is sexist or racist and no one takes it seriously. Anyone remember Andrew Dice Clay?! If you are seeking for somrething to be offended by, you'll always find it. Next time someone offers you a ticket to a Tracy Morgan show, refuse it. If you hear Tracy Morgan on the radio, turn the station.