'Jersey Shore' Cast

Under QUARANTINE

in Seaside

6/24/2011 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The "Jersey Shore" cast is on lockdown ... as they wait to start shooting Season 5 in NJ next week -- which means no phones, no Internet, no friends, no family, no nothing.

0623_jersey_shore_lockdown_ex

Sources connected with the show tell TMZ ... producers want to keep the cast "in the zone" after coming back from Italy.  Translation:  If they started circulating again in New Jersey with friends, family, and the media, they'd lose the chemistry that makes the show work, and it takes time to get it back.

So given that Season 5 starts shooting on Monday, we're told producers felt it was better to just keep them away from everyone.

But there are always exceptions to the rule. Sammi, Deena, and Pauly D had prior engagements they had booked that could not be canceled -- the girls had commercial shoots and Pauly had a DJ gig in Vegas.

So producers gave the trio a weekend pass to show up at their gigs and come back no later than Sunday night.

Johnny

WELL GOOD FOR YOU JOHANNA RAE, WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU SOME TYPE OF ROCKET SCIENTIST? WHO GIVES A SH*T IF YOU KNOW THEIR NAMES? THEY ALL ARE A BUNCH OF MORONS.

Muppet

I've never watched the show either and unfortunately I know all their names as well. I can't say that I'm happy about that. I wish I'd never heard of them as I think they are a complete waste of time. Famous for being drunk and stupid? How society has taken a downhill turn.

Suzie

Just remember this web address when season five airs. stickfiguresonthejerseyshore.com

tori

Love Sammi, anyone hating on her is just sooo jealous lol!!!!

Angela

Seems to me that if they are all locked "Big Brother" style, then THAT'S the show I want to watch. C'mon MTV! GIMME WHAT I WANT!

Ayelet

So i take it that "lockdown" really means they're taking time to read and memorize their lines.

This fake reality TV stuff is scripted, people.

who dat

What amazes me is, anyone watches this garbage. Probably Palin supporters.

Big Balls Baller

It is like the Real World on acid. It must be great to be a social misfit and get paid good for it too.

Big Balls Baller

It's like the Real World on acid. What a great gig just being a social misfit in life and getting paid for it.

EastCoastChopper

This just confirms the "scripted" fraud these so-called reality shows have become. Real World, Real t!tties, Real Rehab my fat Arse!

Dee

what did they have an outbreak of sexually transmitted diseases???

makeitstop

Can they make the quarantine permanent?

Tracey

Can they leave them there?

raven

the biggest pieces of trash in TV history. i do not understand why anyone watches this garbage.

bob

they are not in seaside!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments