« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Beating Victim: 'I Rather Eat Feces Than Dodger Dog'

6/28/2011 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The man who had a verbal altercation with San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium shortly before Stow was brutally attacked claims Stow was inciting Dodger fans by screaming, "I rather eat my own feces than eat a Dodger dog."

0625_bryan_stow_banda_EX

TMZ has obtained a text message sent yesterday by Juan Banda, the man who had the pre-attack run-in with Stow in the stands. TMZ posted video of the altercation Monday morning.

A friend of Banda's texted him that he saw Banda on TMZ.  Banda texted back "They are not saying they are looking for me....right?  Reason I was arguing w him was because he [Stow] crossed the line ... he yelled out, 'I rather eat my own ficies (sic) than eat a dodger dog.'"

Banda continued, "I asked Merced [a friend Banda was with at the game] to watch my back and told him [Stow] it was one thing to root for your team but you are crosing (sic) the line ... he didn't say much ... neither him or his buddies who were with him ... they were just trying to excuse his words."

Banda continued texting:  "Nothing happen and I went back to my seat. ... What I can't understand is where were his buddies when that [the attack] happened ... he was not alone during the game ... he was with 3 or 4 friends ... he did have a mouth though!"

And Banda texted, "Maybe he said the wrong thing to the wrong guys!"

062711_fight_small_v2_launchWhat's interesting about the texts is it paints a picture of Stow trying to incite Dodger fans.

We tried contacting Stow's lawyer, but so far our calls have not been returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

LonnieB

Lets see...

Dissing a stadium HOT DOG is "crossing the line"? (Because God knows, you should NEVER insult a stadium hot dog).

So according to some of you bravehearts, this Banda creep was right to "defend" himsel****ainst hot dog insults, right?

It's okay to beat a man into a coma over a hot dog comment, because a Mexican thug's honor was at stake, right?

Yep, that's exactly the kind of rationale I expect from the creatures in the TMZ zoo.

You heroes are real brave behind the safety of a keyboard.

some guy

turd ferguson 21 minutes ago: "Nobody deserves to be beaten like that, but take note Giant fan: When you fly planes around your rivals stadium taunting them and then do it to their face, expect the worst..."

Is that true? why don't they just burn an effigy of the opposing team in center field? Maybe get to light it on fire if you purchase the club seat special.

Everyones~A~Star

Its not ok to beat a guy to within an inch of his life cus you didnt like what he SAID.

some guy

I don't think people realize how seriously some people take sports. If you continually aggravate something it's eventually going to push back.

outformorefun

Funny how the press always paints the 'perfect victim'.. in no way did he deserve to be beaten like this, but yeah, he's somewhat responsible after reading this..

some guy

I don't think the people who invented baseball wanted fans to fight in the bleachers. I think people are forgetting why they would go to a ball game.

some guy

Mark: Metal detectors at the entrances. Write that down.

some guy

I'm not a geographic snob, but I don't really hear about Met and Yankee fans knifing each other during the 7th inning stretch. Even during a Subway Series.

some guy

Maybe this franchise should come back to NYC. 'Brooklyn Dodgers' sounds better anyway.

AddieTrish

Its just a flucking game!!! I don't care what anyone says it doesn't ever give anyone the excuse to beat someone's head in. I do think sick flucks on here agreeing with it need to be beaten in the head though!

BIGLIPP

ABOUT THE BRIAN STOWE CASE,,,,HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S GOT A SMART ASS ATTITUDE WITH A MOUTH TO GO A LONG WITH IT. HE DIDN'T DESERVE THE BEATING HE RECIVED AT ALL!!!!!BUT,,,,,YOU BETTER WHAT WHO YOU TANGLE WITH OUT HE. PEOPLE DON'T FIGHT FAIR ANY MORE, AND CAN'T HANDLE A LITTLE **** TAKING,,,,REMEMBER, IF YOU ARE IN THE STANDS, THAT MEANS YOU DON'T PLAY ON THE TEAM, AND STOP TAKING THINGS SO LITERALLY.

some guy

Ahh, Frank... what have you done.

When you need to wear body armor to be able to watch America's traditional pastime, it's disconcerting.

some guy

I feel kinda bad for Bud, having to deal with immature billionaire crybabies on a daily basis.

Chuck

David Jong...you're absolutely right, some people take sports way too seriously. At the end of the day everyone paid for a ticket to get in, if someone is being a loudmouth or nuisance, go get the cops, that's why they are there. Arguing with people like that never lead to any good.

MLBFAN36

Basically the Banda fella knows his time is up now so he is covering his Butt. Guy buys a jersey to have his name on it and now he is going to get busted because of it. Anyways, just contact the seat holders who were in that section and we will see who started it. Either way, Banda will be going to jail now since he was the one who put the guy into a coma. Have fun in jail...You know what's coming Band~a